Maurice Duquesnay at University of Louisiana at Lafayette

Maurice Duquesnay

Number of ratings 40 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

10/29/12

ENGL320

Brilliant man, awful professor. He does not explain material clearly and often goes off onto other topics, leaving the class in the dark. His quizzes are ridiculous and unclear. He was extremely rude to everyone in the class. Though he is obviously an intelligent and insightful professor, I would never schedule another class with him.

5/7/12

ENGL333

Maurice, Maurice, where do I start? Very intelligent, Loves the information he teaches. Bad side, he hates college students, people that leave his class to go to the bathroom(God forbid), and people that don't staple their papers. He needs to retire and go back to New Orleans, bless his mean old heart.

5/6/12

ENGL333

Very intelligent man. Stay on good side by participating in class discussions and reading the novels. This was a Louisiana literature class. Quizzes we're based on minute details so be sure to read. In depth discussions on religion, anarchy, hierarchy, and nature will help you on the mid term and the final.

11/29/11

ENGL320

Brilliant professor; instruction in the old but proper style of true discourse. Vital that the student participate in the discussion and grasp the finer points being put forth. The grades are the result of a higher level of understanding.

7/20/11

ENGL204

I respect him as a Proffessor but there is just something about him thats unlikable. He lectures on subjects that we have already gone over, has his own gradding scale. Reading material he assigns is partially interesting, most of the material is centered around New Orleans. Just have a lot a patenice when entering his class

12/8/10

ENGL205

He is very old fashioned, takes attendance every class. You have to do the reading. Quizzes are on details from the reading. Tests on themes. If you show him that you know the text, he will respect you. He is very intelligent and knows what he is talking about. You have to try in this class.

4/25/10

ENGL205

I was on his good side, thank God, but if I wasn't I am not sure I would have passed this class. He is a tyrant and is very intimidating. He uses archaic language so he is very hard to follow and he does not make it easy to ask questions. He will talk down to you if you question him. If you take this class I suggest getting on his good side.

4/20/10

ENGL205

Unorganized and often belligerent. Spent much of semester discussing irrelevant information (such as his fondness for dogs and Sigmund Freud.)

1/4/10

LALit200

Loved it!! He read us a scene from C.O.D...still remember it 16 years later. Sounds like he hasn't changed a bit in all those years:o Loved the literature...Fabulous Ancestor still one of my favs.

8/24/09

ENGL205

Theres a lot to cover, so u either must read everything he assigns, or take note of every last word he says. Not bad if u can scribble fast. He is intimidating, butNOT a monster; sincerely cares & will help with most things. Do not challenge him. I enjoyed his class because I got on his good side - hen he comes down on you, he comes down HARD. :)

8/22/09

Eng205

I agree, you either love him or hate him. I started off thinking he was terrible, but by the end of the semester I loved him. He is rough around the edges, but so intelligent he demands respect. To pass his class, pay attention to detail, and above all, PARTICIPATE. He respects intelligence, hard work, and class participation.

8/13/09

ENGL205

He's really not a bad teacher at all! If you are lazy, I advise that you do not take him. Just make sure that you do all your assigned readings and do excellent on your projects, you will be sure to make an A in the class.

8/5/09

ENGL205

I maintained the highest grade in the class throughout the entire semester, but made a C on the final, and because of that I was left with a C for the year. If you have an A average ( like I did) and dont make an A on the final, your hard work all year means nothing. AVOID AT ALL COST, I IMPLORE YOU, DO NOT TAKE HIS CLASS.

7/14/09

ENGL333

He is the worst English teacher I've ever had! He is so arrogant and dry. His class is the most boring English class I've ever taken and my major is English. I love English but I hated his class. I dreaded going to his class. His quiz and tests were so hard and there was no way to study for them. He should have retired years ago. Do not take him!

4/11/09

ENGL205

Dr. duQuesnay is very different.He does not baby his students like some professors do,but,THIS IS COLLEGE.If you do not like reading,do not take his class.A quiz weekly or biweekly on the reading assignments so be sure to read. Two projects throughout the semester. He has his own grading scale that he uses in class that is to everyone's advantage.

2/23/09

ENGL205

WORST TEACHER I HAVE EVER HAD!! he's terribly old and can't hear very well, which isn't bad but if someone coughs he accuses them of "muttering". CLEARLY LOST HIS MIND, one day he randomly made us all move seat to be closer to him. QUIZES ARE NOT PASSABLE!! he assigns 'short stories' and the next class expects you to know every detail like what ben

8/7/08

ENGL333

This man is the main character from the book A Confedercay of Dunes. He is a mean old man who has nothing better to do with his time then make you miserable. If at all possible avoided any classes he teaches!!

8/6/08

ENGL205

I loved this class! At first it seems like a lot of reading and writing, but he goes over all the stories in such detail, you really don't have to read the stories. Very nice professor, can get mad and yell, but generally only at people who deserve it.

7/24/08

ENGL205

I have no idea why everyone says terrible things about him on here. He's so intelligent, and he has good intentions. He uses a bell curve to benefit the majority of the class. Pay attention and show some interest, and you'll do fine.

5/20/08

engl333

I ended up dropping his class b/c there is so much reading to do. You'll read a 30 page short story and have a quiz with about 10 trivial questions on it. With a full schedule this class was near imposable for me. I failed the quizzes and got an F on the midterm b/c I didn't right enough in a full blue book.

More English professors at University of Louisiana at Lafayette