David Von Minden at University of Central Oklahoma

David Von Minden

Number of ratings 56 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

1/14/14

CHEM1103

Purchase the DVD, his tests are pure memorization. I memorized every exam and passed, but chem was also not that hard for me since I already took ap chem in high school. I didn't enjoy the class at all and his lectures were boring. Like I said the DVD helps and to understand it even more the book and youtube helped so much.

1/13/14

CHEM1103

tough love kind of professor, but if you show him you're making an effort he will go above and beyond to help!

12/22/13

Chem 1103

Dr. Von Minden is one of my favorite professors I've ever had. Show him you're trying and he will work with you. Study the old tests and quizzes and you will be just fine. I ended up with an A in the lab and class when he probably should have given me a B. DR V ROCKS

12/22/13

Chem 1103

Dr. V is one of my favorite professors I've ever had. Show him you're trying and he will work with you. Study the old tests and quizzes and you will be just fine. I ended up with an A in the lab and class when he probably should have given me a B. DR V ROCKS

12/16/13

Chem 1103

Great Professor. He goes quick in class but if you have any questions and show an interest in learning, he will help. He dumb proofs the class by giving you old quizzes and exam. Study those and it is hard to fail. Also he gives tons of extra credit and curves test grades. He cares about your grades and try to set realistic deadlines.

8/18/13

Grade ReceivedC

As others have mentioned, purchase the DVD that he offers at the beginning of the semester. Reviewing the old quizzes and test is the only way I got through this class. Attendance is mandatory which is unfortunate because the lectures are boring and you hardly learn anything from them. I didn't purchase the book, got through w/o it.

7/29/13

Chem 1112

his class is very easy.. at least for me because i've always been good at chem, but he is seriously boring!!!! I never listened for a day. i just looked over the powerpoints, did my equizzes and homeworks, and worked past questions. if you're not that good, please take someone else

6/28/13

Chem

He really makes an effort to get to know his students and works to make sure everyone understands the material. Very nice man. I enjoyed his class!

3/23/13

CHEM 1103

Does not teach chemistry. His lectures are off powerpoint. Does not work out problems. I've spent the semester teaching myself. He is old and can't remember things at times. If you take him, make youtube FusChemistryVideos your homepage for learning this class. Those videos are taught from the same textbook. Good Luck.

3/5/13

Gen Chem 1

He is a very hard professor. He goes quickly over the powerpoints and doesn't go back over them. Everything that I know about this class I've had to teach myself. When you ask questions in class, he answers in a condisending way.This professor should consider retiring.

2/27/13

CHEM 1103

He uses powerpoints and is very softspoken, I do not recommend taking him, because even though he gives you the previous exams on a disk, he doesnt TEACH you anything.

10/15/12

Chem1103

Dr. Von Minden is very aged and speaks very softly, so sit in the front! His lectures are monotone but his powerpoints are clear. Print those out. Buy his CD. Practice the quizzes and tests and you can't get below a B. He is very nice. If you don't have a background in chem, you're gonna have a very hard time. If you do, stay ahead for an A.

8/12/12

Chem1103

Dr. V was an okay professor. His lectures are boring but he does base attendance on 150 points. He also sells a DVD with past quizzes and exams dating back to 2004 so these are what will save you if you are not good at chemistry. Study the past exams, quizzes, and do the online homework and you will do fine. Class grade was worth over 2000 points.

11/18/11

CHEM1112

Pros: the CD he lets you buy. Cons: if you're a girl, expect to receive complete favoritism - he'll even give you his personal cell number and let you talk/text with him during the lecture that you are missing. If you're a guy, expect to be ignored and graded very harshly.

19273963
4/16/11

Chem1103

It is an okay class but if you ask him a question, he doesnt explain the answer well and you end up more confused. He is a really nice man but I dont recommend taking his class if you plan on going on to chem 2. He does sell CD's with past tests and quizzes on it so if you do take him make sure to study those and you will do decent

3/7/11

CHEM1112

Pros: very nice man, knowledgeable. Cons: does NOT respond to e-mails (at least not mine...not ONCE during the semester), soft-spoken (difficult to hear during lecturs), doesn't really explain how to work the lab problems (expects you to know it). This was my experience; others may differ. Judge for yourself. I, personally, would take someone else.

11/15/10

chem113

he is not clear and gives you no time to write notes

10/2/10

CHEM1103

I learned a lot in this difficult class and still made an A. I recommend it.

8/20/10

chem1

Wow, this class was seriously boring. I don't know why people like him, I could barely pay attention to his unmotivated, monotonous voice. That being said, he does sell that DVD, and if you know the old exams, you can do well. I probably would have rather taken from someone else.

12/11/09

chem1112

One of the best chem 1 professors. He sells a dvd with previous tests, and also has review sessions the night before tests, and if you use those, you will do fine in his class. Very nice guy too.

More Science professors at University of Central Oklahoma