in George Washington University that teach Women's Studies Edit
at George Washington University, Washington, DC
are you Bonnie Morris?
12/18/2014
good
1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Amazing lectures" "Hilarious" "Respected by students"

Bonnie is AMAZING! I really loved the lectures. You only need the books for the papers, there was a midterm and a take home final and two papers. As long as you take notes at the lecture you should have no problems passing the class. I did NONE of the readings and passed with an A. She is a truly hilarious teacher, and loves her students. Amazing.

12/16/2014
good
3170 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Would take again" "Gives good feedback"

She is very passionate and you learn a lot.

01/14/2014
good
WSTU1001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She really cares about her students, from candy after tests to loading her table with info on free events in DC, she makes sure everyone's having a good time. Grading was also meant to help people, and if you introduce yourself she will remember your name even in a big lecture hall.

01/10/2014
good
WSTU 1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr Bon is pretty cool. It's an incredibly easy class. Readings are rarely, if ever, necessary. She's a little scattered at times but her lectures are very interesting. This class was my favorite of the semester.

12/08/2013
good
WSTU 1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

really easy class. You learn a lot about women throughout history. 2 papers and a multiple choice midterm. the final is 2 take home essays.

12/06/2013
good
WSTU 1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Bon is one of the best professors I have ever had. I was passionate about women's studies before this class but she amplified my interest so much more that I am taking another one of her classes next semester and I am potentially double-majoring in women's studies, but she is so friendly to people of other majors as well. Take her!

03/21/2013
good
WSTU Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr Bon is by far the best professor I've ever had. I've had her twice. Only 1 exam and 2-3 papers. She and the TAs can be a tad harsh on the papers, but not bad. There's lots of assigned reading, but it's only useful for citing in papers. Lectures are always entertaining and you will learn a lot. Accessible during office hours and very helpful.

12/29/2012
good
WSTU1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Doc Bon is the absolute BEST. She's extremely passionate about what she teaches and its obvious. Her lectures and stories are fantastic, and she's hilarious. She's very knowledgeable about her topic and was even helpful to me in other classes. If you are open to learning and can deal with her high energy then you will not regret taking this class.

12/15/2011
good
HIST1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I LOVED Prof. Morris. Yeah, she's a little abrasive in person, but I only had to talk to her once so who cares? Her lectures are great, she's hilarious, I went even when I was very sick and missing my other classes for the day. Great storyteller, and makes the history come alive. Absolutely take her, even if you don't care about woman's studies

07/13/2011
good
WSTU2120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I wasn't even interested in women's studies at first, but the class has now been so helpful for me in other classes. You really get to learn things that you probably otherwise would not have, and she is clearly extremely invested in the subject matter. She also really loves her students and makes it clear that she cares about our success.

04/05/2011
good
WSTU3170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Bonnie Morris's classes are an absolute must if you're interested in women studies and if you're NOT interested in women studies, or you're not sure- take her. Her lectures are always interesting and her stories are priceless. She's easy to talk to. I have taken her twice and getting to know her in a smaller class makes her an invaluable resource.

12/31/2010
good
WSTU001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof Morris changed my life!! I've always had an interest in women's history but because of her I'm declaring a second major of Women's Studies. She's very passionate about what she teaches and her lectures are never boring!

12/17/2010
good
WSTU1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is an amazing lecturer and her TAs are all amazing! Overall, its a pretty easy class and incredibly interesting. She is a bit abrasive if you talk to her in person, but the TAs for her class are all great and more than willing to help. Take this class even if you don't know squat about Women's Studies. You'll like it.

11/06/2010
good
WSTU1020 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr Morris is the most entertaining professor I have had at GW! She has a somewhat dirty sense of humor and is very eccentric. Her lectures are basic and repetitive, and the midterm (the only exam) is extremely easy/fact based ("Name 2 greek goddesses"... etc") 2 short papers and 1 longer paper for the final, plus discussion participation. Easy A!

03/26/2010
good
WSTU170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Extremely informative and helpful professor. She is invested in the material and her students. She really made the material interesting (especially to non- women's studies majors).

12/05/2009
good
WSTU120 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

she is wonderful!!! very clear, helpful, and excited to teach. you'll never be bored in class and she covers a wide range of topics. Her tests are not hard, do the reading and go to class

12/03/2009
good

One of the best professors I've ever had. Lectures were very interesting and flew by. Easy A. Assigns a lot of reading but it's not necessary to read most of the time. Yes, Dr. Bon can seem like she's bragging, and no, she's not as interested in getting to know her students as she says, but she knows what she's talking about and is accessible.

11/04/2009
good
WSTU001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Bonnie Morris is amazing! I took the class having no interest in women's studies and came out being completely inspired! Her quirky and vibrant personality makes class enjoyable, and it usually flys by. Lecture is never dull. And yes, she assigns a ton of reading, but I never did it and still have an solid A in the class!

10/16/2009
good
WSTU170 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Hands down, the best professor at GW! She is incredibly knowledgeable, and interesting. I've had her twice, and I loved both of the classes I took with her. In fact, I loved her so much, I'm not a women's studies minor. She's not hard, either, and she really helps you out before tests by focusing on key things to study. AMAZING!! Take is you can!

01/28/2009
good
wstuone Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Professor Morris is one of the best professors at GW!! Lectures were never boring and paper topics are easy if u go to class and take good notes! definitely take her...an enjoyable A!!