in Tulsa Community College that teach Mathematics Edit
Jane Hammontree
at Tulsa Community College, Tulsa, OK
are you Jane Hammontree?

12/11/2014
0013 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: WD
"Assignments galore"

I dropped her online class after the midterm. Tons of assignments, each one is worth little credit, have to take each assignment to go on to the next. Must take pretests and score 80% or higher to even be allowed to take the tests that are worth most of your points. Can't pass a pretest you take a zero on the tests. Rarely responds to email. Avoid.

11/18/2014
0003-290 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: Not sure yet

I am taking her online class, I still do not know what my grade is as of yet. Even though I have asked. She opened her class a week late, and made it seem like it was me who was misunderstanding. Work is easy, but still. Shes never there.

04/04/2014
MATH-1613 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Do not take Honors Trigonometry online with this woman. She does not allow graphing calculators on the on-campus exam, despite the fact that the exam has questions that specifically call for a graphing calculator. I have an A in this course, but it is hell and if you don't absolutely adore math, you will probably fail. Do not take this class.

01/09/2014
Basic Math Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Contacted several times; responded twice. On a very sensitive issue there was no response. This has left a bad taste in my mouth on the subject of math. Had extenuating health issues;She was also extremely rude. If you have no other choice; find one....

12/20/2013
math Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took the online 8 week course. That was my first mistake, dealing with math and learning requires more time. So it was rushed with alot of material to learn. She is a decent instuctor,but i will never take math online. I passed this course with a 78. So i was pleased

10/02/2013
good
Math 0013 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

THis class has a lot of homework. 10 hours+/ per week, but before you run away scared let me tell you: This is my first semester back in school- I remembered nothing before this class. The class is done through my math lab access. There is a video for every section and the video instructor is amazing! you will learn! Love this class!

05/16/2013
Math0013 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Too much homework for no credit .she is very hard on grading I rather take my next math class on campus then deal with her online.

05/06/2012
math290 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Took this class online. I have taken many classes online before. . I dont feel she is a good Professor. All of her pre-test were nothing like the exam. communication was horrible and she was not honest about how test would be. they were nothing like she said they were. i would avoid this professor !!!!!

12/10/2011
good
math0013 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took this class online. Ms. Hammontree was always quick to answer emails, even if they were in the middle of the night. This class is done through mathlab, so there is not much instructor interaction. So you must be prepared to read the book and do all the homework. Good class if you are willing to work for your grade. Good instructor.

12/02/2011
good
math0003 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Anytime I emailed her she was quick to respond. She was very helpful. Yes you need to use your text but this is an online course, not much interaction is had with online courses except through email. Anytime I had a problem she quickly explained and was very nice and helpful!

05/11/2011
MATH0013 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Too much homework that is not worth any credit you can't take quizzes till you finish all section homework this is one of those teach yourself classes don't take if you need instruction your pretty much on your own it would be better if and more motivational if all the homework was worth something

05/04/2011
MATH0013 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took the beginning algebra class online with no prior algebra experience. I have to say, had I had SOME experience the class would have been easier. I did great on my homework and most of the quizzes, but those grades don't amount to much, but the tests did me in. I will have to retake this class now, but next time I'll do it on campus!

12/16/2010
Math0013 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I took the beginning algebra class online. Although the instructor was helpful when asked this class consumed alot of time. Each day you were required to read a chapter, watch a video lecture and then do the homework and a quiz.. EACH DAY. Very time intensive. I would not recommend this class unless you only taking this class or maybe one other.

12/14/2010
Math1613 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This instructor seems to take "online class" to mean "class with no teacher". When I had to ask her something, she was impatient, derogatory, and unclear. Most of the work was worth no points, and she was slow to post grades (despite actual grading being automatic). You would be better off with nothing but the textbook than this teacher.

08/06/2010
good
MATHTRIG Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took the online trigonometry class. Ms. Hammontree was nice in her communications. The trigonometry was hard. If you don't already have a background in trig, then I would recommend not taking online.

05/04/2010
math1005 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I took her beginning algebra class. I think she may be a good teacher but her ways of grading are a mess!!! She will have you do tons of homework and give no credit and then take quizzes for each section that aren't worth much of your grade but then make the test worth most of your grade but no points for all the other work you do

01/23/2010
MATH0013 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took this class online so you definately have to keep up. There is a large workload but the course compass online system and practice is quite helpful. The syllabus explains the schedule fairly accurately but I had a bad experience. The syllabus notes that you can work ahead but the calendar marks a specific day to take the test. So in my mind that meant it could only be taken that one specific day. I was sick and running fever on the day specified and didn't feel it would be in my best interest or that of other students going to the testing center. When I notified this professor of that, I was told that if I only had one day that was on me. She would allow me to make up the test but drop me a letter grade. Although I understand the basic point she was making, I felt the calendar marking ONLY that day was deceiving. Apparently you can work ahead on both assignments and tests. My experience with online classes (that is all I have taken up to this semester) is that tests are only available for a certain time. If it is more than the one day she has noted the other days should be marked on her calendar as well.

12/20/2009
good
Math0013 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Excellent professor. Answered my e-mails quickly. Have to keep up with your coursework or you'll fall behind. Did the online course and going in for mandatory tests was a bit annoying.

12/08/2009
MTH1613 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Took online class. In 16 weeks, there were 39 homework assignments that had 20-25 problems in each. You have to score a 70% or higher in order to take the quiz. A quiz for each section...so 39 quizzes. There were 6 chapter tests, 2 cumulative tests, and 1 final comprehensive test. So, to sum that up...VERY INTENSIVE. Not a class I would recommend

12/01/2009
good
Math0013 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Decent course. I learned a lot and the material was presented as well as it could be for an online class. When I e-mailed an had a question, I got an almost immediate reply. Awesome professor.