James Rynd at Biola University

James Rynd

Number of ratings 15 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

10/18/10

CHEM311

I agree with those who said they can't approach him. He says if you get a C, you probably won't succeed in your major. Well I suck at chemistry, and I'm fine with a C. I'm gonna succeed with or without your help, you aren't really important to remember professor.

8/25/09

OChem

He's hard, yeah, but he's such a cool, well, maybe interesting is a better term, guy. Just show up and know your stuff and you'll do alright, it mostly just takes working and studying outside of class to really hammer the stuff in

12/1/06

Chem100

I wish I had a better teacher. He's a nice guy who knows what he's talking about, but WE don't know what he's talking about. He jumps ahead and doesn't stay on topic all the time unless he has slides to guide him back to his teaching. Not too interesting at 8:30 in the morning at all.

11/15/06

Chem100

Disregard most of the comments given. This professor is very good, a little excentric but definetly knows what he's talking about. This is not an easy class! If you don't know a great deal about chemistry, this will be hard. To do well you must study hard (2-3 hours a night) and go to class. If you do those things you will be fine.

11/29/05

Chem 100

He was alright. Kind of boring, especially at 8:30 in the morning. He doesn't always stay on topic, and brings up things that he later says we won't have to worry about for a few chapters, or something like that. Doesn't always teach from the book, expects you to know book and the different things he mentioned in class. I'd probably take him again.

10/15/05

Chem 091

9/8/05

OChem

He's not the best teacher ever, but he sure is better than the Gen Chem teacher! His class is a joy ride compared to Dave Johnson's Gen Chem. He's not as bad as everybody says, but the only way to do well in the class is to spend plenty of time on your o

9/1/05

Chem 092

5/31/05

Chem 302

This professor is a horrible teacher. Absolutely no idea how to communicate to students. No one even bothers to show up to his class to learn anything. People just show up to get assignments back. You can get the same or a better grade by just reading the book.

5/24/05

Chemistry

I had this teacher in the 80's and he was awful then. He talked about things we didn't need to know and I had to prepare myself for the tests just memorizing the book. When I asked him for help, he said maybe I wasn't cut out to be a Biology major. I now have an M.S. in Molecular Biology with a 3.94, so there.

2/3/05

Organic I

Impatient,unclear,unorganized,questionable understanding of material,demeaning,unapproachable. He is one of the worst teachers I have ever had. Despite this I worked my butt off independently and hired a tutor, and got a B. He makes me wonder why he even desired to be a teacher in the first place.

12/8/04

Chemistry

11/16/04

Chem 301

Awful teacher. Does not understand what he is teaching.

11/16/04

Chem 301

11/9/04

Chem 019 Basic

Horrable Professor. Expects you to teach yourself!!!! I told him that i didn't feel properly ready for a test and he told me that i needed to tutor myself. He didn't go over homework untill right before the test so i didn't know if what i was learning or studying was correct.

More Chemistry professors at Biola University