in University of North Alabama that teach English Edit
Lisa Minor
at University of North Alabama, Florence, AL
are you Lisa Minor?

08/15/2014
EN212 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

75% of my final grade was from three tests. Unless you are great at tests, I would not take this teacher. About 15 different lit. works are assigned for each test, but only a few of the works are actually on the test. The study guide is not helpful, so good luck!

12/17/2013
EN212 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Minor is a great person, but not so great teacher. Her lectures were scattered and pointless and tests were hard. I did all of my learning outside of class. If you're amazing at analyzing British Lit on your own then you'll be fine, but if you have a hard time with poetry and such this class will kill you.

07/17/2013
good
ENG 112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Everything is done in class. So if you get up and go to class you should be fine. There wasn't anything that i could recall that was hard about this class. Great woman and great teacher! :)

12/08/2012
good
EN111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Very good teacher. All her essays are done in class with a time limit, but as long as you go to class and keep up you should be fine. Nothing was hard in her class. She will do anything to help you get a good grade.

12/02/2012
good
EN111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Had her for EN 111. Her essays are all in-class. No time is given out of class to prepare. She is strict on grammar, but she will do anything to help you if you'll ask. Really made English make sense. Class attendance is necessary if you're not strong in English. If you're doing well, you can afford to skip class a few times when she lectures.

11/27/2012
good
EN111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Minor is one of the sweetest ladies on campus.While she may be scatterbrained, she is extremely helpful and always in her office. So, if you don't understand something from class go by her office or shoot her an e-mail. She always responds to you.

11/15/2012
Lit211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Horrible class! Only 3 major tests. Quizzes have nothing to do with what she tells you to study. No homework or extra credit to help your grade. Notes are pointless.

05/15/2012
EN112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Her class was fairly easy, in my opinion. If you're a good writer, you'll do fine. She is a bit scatterbrained, though. She can be very confusing when trying to explain things. Overall, Dr. Minor was average: not awesome, but not horrible, either.

11/08/2011
good
EN111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Her class is very easy! She is fun but gets off subject quite a bit..I enjoyed her a lot though!

05/19/2011
good
EN212 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Minor is so much fun! Her notes go all over the board and she can be scatterbrained but she is hilarious. She loves to just have random conversation and she gets to know her class. We had so much fun and there was never a dull moment. She isn't organized but I would recommend her, she is great!

05/03/2011

I recommend Dr. Minor for the sole fact that she is easy. I half way paid attention in class and made an A. She "digresses" all the time and relates everything to TV or eighties music. A really irritating woman, but not a hard class.

12/10/2010
good
Eng101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Fun teacher. She is very random and enjoys having discussions with the class. She is very easy on grades, and as long as you do all of your assignments, you should be fine.

12/07/2010
EN111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Not a fan. Not very clear with lessons, rambles too much. Relates everything to something she saw on television. Paper topics are horrid and something I would expect in a middle school english class. Hypocritical. Do not recommend.

11/15/2010
EN111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is very mean!!! I just had a little score to pass the class, but she didn't let me pass!!! She gave me a NC! I got high score on grammer but she still don't let me pass the class!! I had to waste my money for the class!!! She probably is the most mean teacher in UNA I ever took.

11/13/2010
good

Dr. Minor is AMAZING! I absolutely loved her class (I had her for Freshman Composition 1 and 2.) She does tend to ramble, but she's absolutely hysterical and I was definitely kept entertained, also while learning a lot. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

11/17/2009
ENG232 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Goodness. She was probably the worst professor I've ever had. If I'm paying money to get an education, I do not want to listen to a 30 minute rant about The Days of Our Lives. Seriously. She never returned a test to our class. I found it hard to go, which is why I made a C. I had good grades, but low attendance, so go to class!

05/18/2009
good
En112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Minor grades fairly and is pretty funny. she is VERY easily distracted and sometimes goes on rants. if you know good punctuation, you will win this woman's heart. however, she is a nazi about her research papers. but the lowest thing i ever made on an essay was a 95. if you know your english, you'll like her. i would recommend her to anyone.

04/20/2009
good
EN102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Minor was a very good teacher, a little absent minded but knows alot about writing and recognizes potential.

09/08/2008
En232 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She is very intelligent. Now, I was super distracted last semester, but her teaching style is comparable to a hummingbird. She bounces back and forth between points. My ADD wouldn't keep up! She is very sweet, though.

07/31/2007
good
En111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I loved her, I knew her before i took her class so I was excited. But she passed my expectations. I was a horrible writer before I took this class and she was more than willing to help in any way she could! I recommend her to anyone!