Lisa Minor at University of North Alabama

Lisa Minor

Number of ratings 34 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

12/17/13

EN212

Dr. Minor is a great person, but not so great teacher. Her lectures were scattered and pointless and tests were hard. I did all of my learning outside of class. If you're amazing at analyzing British Lit on your own then you'll be fine, but if you have a hard time with poetry and such this class will kill you.

7/17/13

ENG 112

Everything is done in class. So if you get up and go to class you should be fine. There wasn't anything that i could recall that was hard about this class. Great woman and great teacher! :)

12/8/12

EN111

Very good teacher. All her essays are done in class with a time limit, but as long as you go to class and keep up you should be fine. Nothing was hard in her class. She will do anything to help you get a good grade.

12/2/12

EN111

Had her for EN 111. Her essays are all in-class. No time is given out of class to prepare. She is strict on grammar, but she will do anything to help you if you'll ask. Really made English make sense. Class attendance is necessary if you're not strong in English. If you're doing well, you can afford to skip class a few times when she lectures.

11/27/12

EN111

Dr. Minor is one of the sweetest ladies on campus.While she may be scatterbrained, she is extremely helpful and always in her office. So, if you don't understand something from class go by her office or shoot her an e-mail. She always responds to you.

11/15/12

Lit211

Horrible class! Only 3 major tests. Quizzes have nothing to do with what she tells you to study. No homework or extra credit to help your grade. Notes are pointless.

5/15/12

EN112

Her class was fairly easy, in my opinion. If you're a good writer, you'll do fine. She is a bit scatterbrained, though. She can be very confusing when trying to explain things. Overall, Dr. Minor was average: not awesome, but not horrible, either.

11/8/11

EN111

Her class is very easy! She is fun but gets off subject quite a bit..I enjoyed her a lot though!

5/19/11

EN212

Dr. Minor is so much fun! Her notes go all over the board and she can be scatterbrained but she is hilarious. She loves to just have random conversation and she gets to know her class. We had so much fun and there was never a dull moment. She isn't organized but I would recommend her, she is great!

5/3/11

EN212

I recommend Dr. Minor for the sole fact that she is easy. I half way paid attention in class and made an A. She "digresses" all the time and relates everything to TV or eighties music. A really irritating woman, but not a hard class.

12/10/10

Eng101

Fun teacher. She is very random and enjoys having discussions with the class. She is very easy on grades, and as long as you do all of your assignments, you should be fine.

12/7/10

EN111

Not a fan. Not very clear with lessons, rambles too much. Relates everything to something she saw on television. Paper topics are horrid and something I would expect in a middle school english class. Hypocritical. Do not recommend.

11/15/10

EN111

She is very mean!!! I just had a little score to pass the class, but she didn't let me pass!!! She gave me a NC! I got high score on grammer but she still don't let me pass the class!! I had to waste my money for the class!!! She probably is the most mean teacher in UNA I ever took.

11/13/10

EN111

Dr. Minor is AMAZING! I absolutely loved her class (I had her for Freshman Composition 1 and 2.) She does tend to ramble, but she's absolutely hysterical and I was definitely kept entertained, also while learning a lot. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!

11/17/09

ENG232

Goodness. She was probably the worst professor I've ever had. If I'm paying money to get an education, I do not want to listen to a 30 minute rant about The Days of Our Lives. Seriously. She never returned a test to our class. I found it hard to go, which is why I made a C. I had good grades, but low attendance, so go to class!

5/18/09

En112

Dr. Minor grades fairly and is pretty funny. she is VERY easily distracted and sometimes goes on rants. if you know good punctuation, you will win this woman's heart. however, she is a nazi about her research papers. but the lowest thing i ever made on an essay was a 95. if you know your english, you'll like her. i would recommend her to anyone.

4/20/09

EN102

Dr. Minor was a very good teacher, a little absent minded but knows alot about writing and recognizes potential.

9/8/08

En232

She is very intelligent. Now, I was super distracted last semester, but her teaching style is comparable to a hummingbird. She bounces back and forth between points. My ADD wouldn't keep up! She is very sweet, though.

7/31/07

En111

I loved her, I knew her before i took her class so I was excited. But she passed my expectations. I was a horrible writer before I took this class and she was more than willing to help in any way she could! I recommend her to anyone!

6/30/07

EN312

I took this class two summers ago and the only reason I'm rating her now is because I miss her lectures so much! Other English professors fail in comparison. She's fun, smart, and very helpful. I would take her for every class if I could.

More English professors at University of North Alabama