Raymond F. Coughlin at Temple University

Raymond F. Coughlin

Number of ratings 75 / Average Grade:  A- Submit a correction

1/20/14

MATH 0828

Personally I enjoyed this class! It is not easy it relly works your brain and you'll only fail under a few circumstances not studying or visiting the msrc for help. I received As on his exams by actually practicing problems at home. However, I do not recommend this place for anyone who will not come to class regularly.

12/10/13

MATH0828

Professor Coughlin is very interesting to listen to. I used the textbook to help reinforce the concepts that were taught in class. You'll actually have to put in work for the A. However, if you receive an A on the final, you get an A for the class. I encourage people to take this class! It helps change the way you think of/solve problems.

12/9/13

Math 828

One of the easiest classes at Temple. Kind of boring, but it's definitely the best Math Gen Ed you can take.

12/3/13

MATH0828

Dr. Coighlin's Critical Reasoning and Problem Solving class was all over the place. He places random personal anecdotes about his life in the teaching and then you end up completely lost. If you take him stay after for the TA review sessions because they will save you from failing.

11/5/13

Math0828

Critical Reasoning is the most boring and confusing class you could ever imagine. His TA's are the only way you will pass. Only take this if you want to be a lawyer. Just when you think you understand, he explains it in the opposite way.

11/4/13

MATH 0824

Class can be boring because of how easy the material is. As long as you show up and pay attention you should get a decent grade.

10/26/13

Math0828

I took this class thinking it would be easy. The course description sounded pretty interesting but Coughlin is not a good teacher. He does not explain things clearly and rambles on making jokes that half the class does not find amusing. I would not choose this class if you are not good at math.

11/27/12

Math0825

I took math patterns with him, he is a nice guy but rambles about things not related to the class alot...thus making it hard to follow..the only reason I passed was help from the TA's and the MSRC.

11/6/12

MATH0824

I took his class because I thought it would be interesting and fit my GenEd. Unfortunately, I dreaded it. Coughlin is a really nice guy, but sort of hard to follow. Especially in a big lecture hall it's really easy to get lost. Really think about taking this class before you commit. If you do make sure you go to the MSRC!

7/31/12

MATH101

I had Math Patterns with Dr. Coughlin. He tries very hard to connect with students but I feel that he may cater to younger underclassmen. As a 24 year old, this class was a waste of my time. Utilize the help of the TA's! You will get by with zoning out for his tangents and snapping back to reality when he starts teaching.

5/15/12

MATH0824

This class is very confusing, extra credit available but won't do very much for your grade. Only take this class if interested.

5/14/12

Math0824

You learn more about his life than the subject matter of the class. But the class is not hard if you go to the MSRC,but though some of the TA's are just as lost as you are so make sure you find a TA who understands the work

5/3/12

MATH0824

Dr. Coughlin has good intentions, but he gets carried away with his own tangents. The class is really easy if you pay attention. I have missed so many days of this class and am still getting As on my exams. All Coughlin wants is for his students to understand the material. He doesn't seem very approachable, but his assistants are extremely helpful.

4/27/12

Math0824

Class started off pretty easy, and not a lot of math (if any) is needed. However, he doesn't do a good job at explaining things especially when they start to become more than basic stuff. He speaks fast, and if you don't understand something, you'll get behind. Also, tests/quizes arent handed back so you have no clue what you need to fix.

3/31/12

MATH0824

Ridiculously hard to understand, but it doesn't even matter because the material is ridiculously easy. There's almost no math even involved. Hardly went, missed several quizzes and homeworks, and still got an A. If you don't do well in this class you're messing up somewhere.

12/19/11

MATH0284

ended up with an 87 in the class. I did all the quizes and wrote 3 out of 4 papers for extra credit. He wouldn't help me out with 1 point for a B+. Said i missed quizes. Really bad at teaching. MSRC had to clarify all topics. Im not good at math, so MSRC carried me through the semester. Extra credit was pointless and a waste of my time.

12/18/11

MATH0824

Really nice guy, very repetitive. Extremely easy class, but try not to skip because you may get behind or miss a quiz.

9/7/11

MATH0824

I would say...he is a ridiculously easy teacher. He gives us puzzles to solve for like 3rd grade level. Honestly, when I applied to Temple University, I felt so proud of myself, I felt as an adult, as something important happened to my life, but in this particular class I feel like I'm a 22 years old idiot, who solving these stupid problems...He al

8/10/11

mat099

Being that it is a 7 week course, it is fast but good.

4/28/11

MATH0824

This was the most boring, useless class I have ever taken. He told lame jokes, that kept no ones attention. He also reuses lesson plans two days in a row and reteaches the same thing for like a week straight. It is an easy A, but if I could do it again I would NOT take this class.

More Mathematics professors at Temple University