in University of Washington that teach English Edit
at University of Washington, Seattle, WA
are you Eric Laguardia?

10/22/2011
good
Milto1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Loved his Milton class!! The man is totally BRILLIANT and also a class act. Would take any class he teaches!!!! 10 stars!!!!!!

03/11/2009
ENG326 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Destroyed my interest in Milton. Has NO apparent interest in teaching; refuted the class's cautiously ventured ideas with predatory zeal. His unclear, disordered presentation makes Milton unapproachable and murky. Expects complete knowledge of British lit. canon and history. This is NOT an excuse to discuss everything but the text. Avoid!

09/21/2008
good
ENG326 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor LaGuardia is amazing! He brought Paradise Lost to life for me, and it was a class I'll never forget. He challenged my way of thinking - and opened it to see things in a new, much more interesting way that was full of possibilities. Love La Guardia!

09/14/2007
good
ENG349 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This was one of the best courses I've taken during my 4 years in school. If you do the readings and work hard outside of class, the lectures are absolutely phenomenal. Although the demands were low, Professor Laguardia is not a task-master, the intellectual challenge presented was amazing.

03/12/2007
engl326 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He was very knowledgable and helped us see the important scenes of Paradise Lost. The class was quite dull though. Everyday, class was exactly the same. There was little enthusiasm on his part and the class responded in kind. The assignments were really easy (2 tests, 2 papers) but uninspired. It was only lecture, so it didn't prompt deeper thought

02/21/2007
eng313 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

avoid this guy at all costs!!!

02/02/2007
good
Eng326 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you come to class and do the reading on time, you should be fine. This class honestly wasn't that difficult. Occasionally the lectures can boring but overall I learned a lot and feel satisfied with my knowledge of Milton. Also, during the 10 minute break you should go out and talk with him while he smokes his pipe! Hillarious.

12/27/2006
good
Eng326 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Professor LaGuardia is easily one of the best teachers I have ever had. Students who complain about him as boring or difficult were clearly either not doing the reading or not understanding what was going on. All you need do to succeed in his class is read, pay attention, and show up. Extremely friendly and very helpful at office hours.

04/26/2006
Eng 323 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This is by far one of the worst college professors I have ever had. His lectures are not only incredibly boring but also uninspiring. He's not the greatest about validating people's class comments either. I can honestly say that this class overshadowed my entire quarter.

03/27/2006
good
Grad. Milton Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Quite simply, Dr. Laguardia's Milton class changed my life. Twenty five years later, I appreciate the impact of his teaching and thought more than that of any other grad school prof. His ideas took a while to sink in (I'm slow), but once sunken, they permanently altered my perspective on poetry and theology. He improved my writing, too. Thanks!