in George Washington University that teach Political Science Edit
at George Washington University, Washington, DC
are you Barry Malter?
1.9

07/07/2010
PSC115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I completely agree with the prior comments. I dreaded going to class but learned a lot. He is not at all my style - very liberal and liberal in sharing his own views.

06/27/2010

I really did not like his lecture style, and dreaded going to the class. I focused on the readings, studied hard for the tests, did all the briefs, and got an A. But it was a struggle to get there every day and sit through it. He's a good guy, just not my kind of professor. Do all the briefs. Study hard for both tests.

04/29/2010
good

I LOVED Professor Malter's class! He expects a lot from his students but he puts in just as much, if not more effort. He is probably the most understanding/adorable professor i have ever had. He makes his liberal views known however, he is open to letting other views be discussed. Overall best class i have taken/will ever take at GW

08/30/2009
good
PSC115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Professor Malter is by far the toughest professor that I have ever had, yet the most enjoyable. He will make you work hard and hold you to a very high standard. With that said, he is incredibly fair and, if you come to class willing to work and willing to contribute, he will reward you.

05/06/2009

You will learn how to brief cases and memorize passages. However, he is a very tough grader. He says he will compensate for this somewhat if you participate a lot, which is not really true. I participated every class and my grade did not go up. Good if you're going to law school, but your gpa will suffer.

05/04/2009
good

You need a good memory to store all the information you have to learn for the tests (some of it verbatim). Malter even tried to point out specifically what we would be tested on as he was lecturing, so I disagree with the comment below that it was unclear what he wanted. The class was a challenge, but worth it if you want to learn con law.

04/03/2009
good
PSC115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Radically liberal, former lawyer for the EPA, who will bash Scalia and Thomas every chance he gets! Not really open to others views and class is set up so that every class you'll have 4 cases and 4 briefs to have to discuss in class. Always work, work work! 2 exams - very hard and hard to figure out what he wants in them.

10/26/2008
good
PSC114 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Fantastic professor. What he taught helped me immensely in law school. Had little patience for students who weren't devoted to the course, but I loved his teaching style.

05/11/2007
good
PSC115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Malter is the GREATEST prof I have EVER had. He is engaging, he is knowledgable, & he really truly cares about his students. Lots of cases to read/brief but it really pays off and he brings them to life. Exams really do reflect what you learn in class & he's very fair. Class participation can bump you up a whole grade. BEST CLASS BEST AND PROF EVER

05/10/2007
PSC131 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the better professors i've had here. However, he's a tough grader and doesn't find it necessary to escape the 1970s. He holds the entire class to painfully high standards applicable to law school students. You will enjoy the class, but you will kill yourself trying to keep up.