in Tidewater Community College that teach History Edit
William Paquette
Professor in the History department
at Tidewater Community College, Portsmouth, VA
are you William Paquette?

12/16/2014
good
231 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+
"Get ready to read" "Respected by students" "Gives good feedback"

Dr. Paquette knows his stuff I have taken him online for two semesters and while he does have you do 10 page papers you learn a lot. He gives you enough of time to finish everything and I had never been late once with him. He is very understanding and will help in any way he can. He lives and breaths, history and he knows his stuff.

08/26/2014
good
HIS122 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. paquette will make you work for your grade. While you do have tons to write. I love how he makes it interesting you watch movies and do reports on that. He replies fast to emails and knows his stuff. What I like about him most is, he pushes you to your limits because he knows what you can do and wants you to see it for yourself.

06/25/2014
good
his122 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Paquette was one of the best teachers I have ever had. You must keep up with your work and put in the effort. He wants you to earn your grade. I learned so much, and even through an online class I could feel Dr. Paquette's passion for teaching and history. I highly recommend him.

05/28/2014
good
hist101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr Paquette was the toughest instructor I ever had for world history but I learned a lot and he is an exceptional instructor.

01/24/2014
good
His 121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

I took a class from Dr. P several years ago. If you are taking his class online you are sure missing a treat. This man breathes History. He is a wonderful lecturer. I have taken a total of 3 courses from him. If you enjoy learning History you will really enjoyed lectures. He is not easy, but you are in college ! No suppose to be !

11/11/2013
HIS 111 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The workload was expected for an online course - open book for everything, too. However, in his e-mails, he sometimes comes off as a jerk. If you forget one thing/make a simple mistake, he automatically seems to label you as a bad student who doesn't care to read what he writes. You can pass this course, but his attitude does test patience.

11/11/2013
good
HIS122 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Paquette does require a lot of work from his online students each assignment is suppose to cover the lecture hours you would get in a class room every week. College is not suppose to be an easy A if you take this class take it because you are interested in it. I wish I didn't take it online rather in class with him. I'm sure I am getting an A.

08/26/2013
HIS 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: WD

He was very straight forward about things but in a bad way. He had assignments due every saturday. He required 8-10 page papers on top of many other assignments. This was an extremely hard course considering it was online.

08/22/2013
good
His 121 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

He is an excellent teacher. The assignments were self explanatory. There is A LOT of assignments and requirements, so this class requires effort. I received an "A" in this class with his accelerated course. He responds to emails immediately. DO NOT take him if you're going to be lazy or if you have other hard classes. It can get overwhelming.

07/12/2013
good
HIST 121 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This class involved A LOT of effort. If you aren't willing or able to spend quite a bit of time on the assignment and essays, you shouldn't take this class. This class is an easy A as long as you keep up with the work. He is very fair and understanding.

06/01/2013
good
HIST 122 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Very tedious online class. I had to do about 3 assignments for each unit and about 1 or 2 of them for each unit were 6-8 page essays that had to be typed. Overall not a hard class, although the amount of time being put into this class will limit your social life for sure

01/08/2013
good
his122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took him for both Us history 1 and 2, both online. I loved him! I do enjoy history but even so I enjoyed these classes. Yes, it was a lot of work but, he gave plenty of time to complete just four assignments per unit. I suggest doing the assignments with questions, it's less writing. I highly recommend!

05/07/2012
good
his122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

It is an easy A, but it takes a heck of a lot work to get it. Very very time consuming. There's no class interaction online. You just do the work and turn it in. He's a very good instructor though. I was just burned out by the end of it.

08/03/2011
good
his122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I took His122 online and it was easy. He gives you a lot of work but you have a lot of time to do the assignmnts. You dont have to go to campus because everything is submitted via email. If you are a slacker than I dont recommend this cls but if you do ur work than you have nothng to worry about. Its an easy A or B

12/04/2010
good
HIS111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I am taking this class online now and I don't see what all the bad reviews are about! He goes over all of your work with you and gives individual feedback. His class is an EASY A as long as you do all of the work. I would HIGHLY recommend taking his class. I will be continuing on with his 112 class in the spring semester. GREAT PROFESSOR.

07/31/2010
his111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

this class is not an easy class, but if you work hard u will pass his class. you need to read the chapters, and you will be fine. I toke this class online.

05/04/2010
good
Hist101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

hi, i really loved him, i took three classes with him and i easily got three A's. he is too good to be teaching in a community college that is why he may appear to be hard. do not take his online class though.

01/11/2010
HIS122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

THIS MAN NEEDS TO BE AT A UNIVERSITY! Way to many rules & laws on the 1st day, let alone the 1st week! Dropped him ASAP despite others telling me he was HARD, wanted to see for myself but I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED! He took up more time than ANY of my other classes in 5 semesters! SO....think about it!

07/25/2009
hist101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I ended up dropping him. Way too many rules and requirements. I spent more time on this class than all other classes combined Anatomy, math, child psy, pilates, and chronicles of the sea. He would get really upset if you didn't follow 1 rule or missed the one rule. Way to hard

05/20/2009
HIST102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I took his online class for History 102. He expected his students to write a 6-8 page paper for each assignment. 4-6 assignments to a unit. 4 units a semester. If you like to write papers all day, take this course. If you have more courses to focus on, DON'T. I dropped his class cause I have two other online courses this semester.