William Paquette at Tidewater Community College

William Paquette

Number of ratings 35 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

1/24/14

His 121

I took a class from Dr. P several years ago. If you are taking his class online you are sure missing a treat. This man breathes History. He is a wonderful lecturer. I have taken a total of 3 courses from him. If you enjoy learning History you will really enjoyed lectures. He is not easy, but you are in college ! No suppose to be !

11/11/13

HIS 111

The workload was expected for an online course - open book for everything, too. However, in his e-mails, he sometimes comes off as a jerk. If you forget one thing/make a simple mistake, he automatically seems to label you as a bad student who doesn't care to read what he writes. You can pass this course, but his attitude does test patience.

11/11/13

HIS122

Dr. Paquette does require a lot of work from his online students each assignment is suppose to cover the lecture hours you would get in a class room every week. College is not suppose to be an easy A if you take this class take it because you are interested in it. I wish I didn't take it online rather in class with him. I'm sure I am getting an A.

8/26/13

HIS 101

Grade ReceivedWD

He was very straight forward about things but in a bad way. He had assignments due every saturday. He required 8-10 page papers on top of many other assignments. This was an extremely hard course considering it was online.

8/22/13

His 121

He is an excellent teacher. The assignments were self explanatory. There is A LOT of assignments and requirements, so this class requires effort. I received an "A" in this class with his accelerated course. He responds to emails immediately. DO NOT take him if you're going to be lazy or if you have other hard classes. It can get overwhelming.

7/12/13

HIST 121

This class involved A LOT of effort. If you aren't willing or able to spend quite a bit of time on the assignment and essays, you shouldn't take this class. This class is an easy A as long as you keep up with the work. He is very fair and understanding.

6/1/13

HIST 122

Very tedious online class. I had to do about 3 assignments for each unit and about 1 or 2 of them for each unit were 6-8 page essays that had to be typed. Overall not a hard class, although the amount of time being put into this class will limit your social life for sure

1/8/13

his122

I took him for both Us history 1 and 2, both online. I loved him! I do enjoy history but even so I enjoyed these classes. Yes, it was a lot of work but, he gave plenty of time to complete just four assignments per unit. I suggest doing the assignments with questions, it's less writing. I highly recommend!

5/7/12

his122

It is an easy A, but it takes a heck of a lot work to get it. Very very time consuming. There's no class interaction online. You just do the work and turn it in. He's a very good instructor though. I was just burned out by the end of it.

8/3/11

his122

I took His122 online and it was easy. He gives you a lot of work but you have a lot of time to do the assignmnts. You dont have to go to campus because everything is submitted via email. If you are a slacker than I dont recommend this cls but if you do ur work than you have nothng to worry about. Its an easy A or B

12/4/10

HIS111

I am taking this class online now and I don't see what all the bad reviews are about! He goes over all of your work with you and gives individual feedback. His class is an EASY A as long as you do all of the work. I would HIGHLY recommend taking his class. I will be continuing on with his 112 class in the spring semester. GREAT PROFESSOR.

7/31/10

his111

this class is not an easy class, but if you work hard u will pass his class. you need to read the chapters, and you will be fine. I toke this class online.

5/4/10

Hist101

hi, i really loved him, i took three classes with him and i easily got three A's. he is too good to be teaching in a community college that is why he may appear to be hard. do not take his online class though.

1/11/10

HIS122

THIS MAN NEEDS TO BE AT A UNIVERSITY! Way to many rules & laws on the 1st day, let alone the 1st week! Dropped him ASAP despite others telling me he was HARD, wanted to see for myself but I SHOULD HAVE LISTENED! He took up more time than ANY of my other classes in 5 semesters! SO....think about it!

7/25/09

hist101

I ended up dropping him. Way too many rules and requirements. I spent more time on this class than all other classes combined Anatomy, math, child psy, pilates, and chronicles of the sea. He would get really upset if you didn't follow 1 rule or missed the one rule. Way to hard

5/20/09

HIST102

I took his online class for History 102. He expected his students to write a 6-8 page paper for each assignment. 4-6 assignments to a unit. 4 units a semester. If you like to write papers all day, take this course. If you have more courses to focus on, DON'T. I dropped his class cause I have two other online courses this semester.

4/24/09

HIS112

I have had Dr. Paquette for 2 semesters and have enjoyed both classes. He is helpful and encouraging.He allows you to learn on your own,but when you need help he is there to answer your questions promptly (which is great for students learning online)

11/19/08

HIST101

Took his class online. He gives 4 assignment and an exam per unit. each unit lasts about a month. assignments can be challenging but if you complete them on time your almost always going to get 100s. exam are more difficult. he grades everything almost right away and explains exactly where you got points off. good online class.

10/11/08

world101

Dr. Paquette is by no means an easy instructor. However, I learned a great deal by taking his classes. I had the choice to take him a second year and I did. To earn an A or B in his classes was one of the highlights of my early college years. His lectures and choice of audio visuals were interesting too.

7/20/08

his101

No one "seems" mean unless they are. He requires several assignments per unit, and each assignment can takE 3-4 hours. His class is boring and painful. He is disconnected, unwilling to help, and has too high of an opinion of himself to be a teacher. I spent more time doing history homework than all the calculus assignments this semester. STAY AWAY

More History professors at Tidewater Community College