Gene Johnson at Clark College

Gene Johnson

Number of ratings 51 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

9/11/13

MGMT 100

This was the most stressful online class out of 20+ I have taken. He gives canned feedback that is not helpful, will not take calls or meet, the tests are long and very specific, and assigns & grades half the assignments on info not covered in the book. The only salvation was Serrano taking over mid-way and extra credit.

8/31/13

BUS 101 Online

THE MOST CONFUSING, DISORGANIZED AND STRICT ONLINE CLASS AT CLARK! AWFUL! JUST AWFUL!If it wasn't for the study group I would of failed MISERABLY! Prepare to reread chapters at least 3 times, take really unreasonably hard tests and assignments. AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE IF U CAN!!!

6/7/13

BUS 101

This instructor is very unorganized. This was my 2nd class with him. There was always typos and errors from him. Example: Homework was 'turned in' through timed quizzes, but which assignment is to be done? Who knows! One assignment was labeled #6 and was tested on #5! He also does not participate in the class at all.

9/2/12

BUS160

Abrasive, unprofessional, disorganized, and constantly changing due dates in Moodle. HATED THIS COURSE!

8/25/12

MANG100

Worst experience with a teacher in my life!! Moodle was even hard for him to come across nice. His syllabus was 15 pages long and he did a ton of cut and pasting so nothing made since. The first 2 tests were a mess. Got better when P. Serrano took over the class. It was merged thank goodness! I would not recommend this teacher to anyone!!

6/18/12

acct202

This is the most abrasive instructor I have EVER encountered. He was a substitute for all of 20 minutes and managed to bark at and offend the class. I would avoid him like the plague!

5/27/12

acct203

higher suggest do not take his class. the test is hard and never like what you've learn before. the teacher is like helpless.believe me. this class is really the worse one.

5/21/12

acct1dl

this is the worst class that I've never had. He is not cover the important materiel in the book, you have to find out by your self. what he expect is like do your homework and learn by yourself. the test is awful too. the questions are not like you learned before. also he always make long words test questions. it's horrible .

20321283
5/14/12

ACCT202

As a face-to-face teacher, he's a "buddy" kind of teacher. You need to teach yourself and he gives WONDERFUL resources online. He has full faith in his students but its up to the students to do well. He gives more than enough for us to learn the material. ACCESS THOSE RESOURCES. DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Best accounting teacher at the school.

20274488
6/14/11

ACCT203

Took this class online and I wouldn't recommend it for one simple reason- the tests. The final in particular was absolutely horrendous. Almost 50 questions, 99% complicated word problems, and only 2 hours to take. Trust me, that's not enough time for the amount of work expected. The actual class wasn't too hard, but the tests really brought me down

5/24/11

ACCT233

He expects a lot like he says, the class is rigorous, he does belittle students, is teaching for fun, hed rather be your buddy, as opposed to be a teacher. See Jeanette Steinmiller for help, I got a B in his management accounting class. He respects you when you pass his classes,hecomesoff as a pushover, is arrogant and likes to b.s. a lot not good.

5/11/11

BUS101

Teacher was not helpful at all! He did not even know what textbook I was supposed to be using, and didn't care if I had all the information needed to complete assignments! When I went to him for help he told me to ask the other students.

3/10/11

ACCT202

I loved the class because, I could move at my own pace. He was very clear in what was expected and gave opportunities for bonus points by seeing the tutor and being in a study group.If you are a self-learner who doesn't need further explanation and you will post online several days a week then he is a good teacher.

6/28/10

Acct203

I hope to never take Mr. Johnson again. He is very condescending. I was able to get A's in all of his classes but I give very little credit to him. It is a self-taught course. You will need to spend many hours studying for tests in this class. His communication skills are terrible and seems to consist of old or repeating email messages.

2/26/10

acct202

Mr. Johnson is not the most amazing teacher at Clark , however anybody that complains that the class is to difficult should quit going. Or suck it up and study by reading the text and the knowledge check that are provided. STOP BEING CRY BABIES.

1/24/10

Acct201

Online. BAD TEACHER! Very demanding class! You will learn a lot, if you are motivated. He is clear in his expectations, but for the price we pay for these classes, I expect more participation from him. The accounting tutor is more helpful. Homework wasn't too bad, but the tests are extremely difficult. Unfortunately, he is the only online teacher.

12/15/09

ACCT203

I had Johnson for all three accounting classes because he was the only one available for online classes. I ended up with an A in each class. With that being said, he is useless and an very abrasive when responding to an honest question related to the work. He is easily the worst teacher at Clark.

12/9/09

Acct203

Horrible teacher! He doesn't help you at all. Granted, my class was online but you'd think that with us all having trouble with certain chapters that he would chime in once in a while and guide us through the rough patches. He doesn't. He's honestly the worst teacher I've ever had at Clark. He comes across to me as just a mean person. Avoid.

9/25/09

ACCT201

He's a terrible teacher. What really annoys me is that there are 10 pages of bad comments going back from 2004 yet NOBODY has files a complaint of any kind. YOU, the students are the reason we're stuck with him still.

7/26/09

ACCT202

HORRIBLE! It's like he expects you to teach yourself. Doesn't answer questions and doesn't offer help. He just tells you to go to the accouting tutor, who is only available at certain times during weekdays. Class averages for tests were D's or F's. Most students dropped the class before the term was over. AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

More Business professors at Clark College