David Partenheimer at Truman State University

David Partenheimer

Number of ratings 49 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

5/18/14

ENG 358

It was easy to get an A in his class. We had homework assigned every day which you only had to write one page or less on. It was all do at the end of the unit. If you emailed it to him before class he would give you critiques on it.

3/6/14

ENG 308

He's very old-school. So, if you like close readings and hate literary theory, he's your guy. If you'd like to look at secondary scholarship or do anything other than reader response, look elsewhere. Tests were from the book. I've had other classes with him; it's amazing someone like this is teaching at Truman in the 21st century.

12/24/13

Eng 209

At first, I really enjoyed this class, but I had some issues towards the end. It is sometimes to difficult to figure out what he wants because he only talks in the abstract. It takes some getting used to, but he is very nice and wants you to do well in his class.

7/9/13

EN404

brilliant professor; one of the best in his field

4/25/13

ENG 357

Dr. Partenheimer is helpful and highly recommended. If you like direct instruction though, be careful. He likes to talk in abstract terms, but his classroom discussions are brilliant and interesting. I always found his class (I took 3) to be applicable to other classes in my major.

10/21/12

INDV140

This is what I consider a college class. Each class was basically a discussion over the 10-15 page reading for the week. Ended with a paper for the final. The student teacher talked to us before class and made sure we weren't left completely in the dark if we didn't understand something. Overall, an amazing (and fairly easy) class.

11/8/11

ENG622

If you really want to learn, Dr. Partenheimer is the professor for you.

6/22/11

ENG398

Principled, fair, and knowledgeable.

4/10/11

ENG315

LOVED this class (Studies in Shakespeare)! In all, we read 7-8 works and wrote that many papers. He starts out by saying that he looks for reasons to give you an A, so as long as you show that you put in effort he will give you at least a 90. He's such a cool, laid-back guy, but his style does take some getting used to.

12/10/10

ENG209

Talks in a weird way, might not be understandable at first. He is a very intelligent guy, and will allow you to form the class as you wish; If you don't like his method of teaching, then you can offer another way and he will compromise with you. Will let you skip class if you get your work done early and you know what you are doing.

11/10/10

ENG209

I love Partenheimer. He is a little weird, but once you start to understand what exactly he is trying to say, the class just gets even more awesome. I'm definitely going to take as many of his classes as possible.

10/28/10

ENG355

I LOVE poetry, but the way he approached it made me hate it. He was obsessed with the technical part, which would have been fine had he given valuable insight on it. He didn't. I was clogged with busy work and gained nothing from the course. Dropped.

10/12/10

ENG209

I loved Professor Partenheimer. His mannerisims make the class! Yes, the class is a little difficult, but if you go to his office hours he will help you. He will also remember if you visit him and it will help your grade in the class. I greatly recommend him! Definitely going to take as many of his classes as possible!

11/18/08

ENG250

The Shakespeare class was pretty easy. You have to read all of the plays you're assigned and start on them early. Just talk with him, and he'll help you with whatever you need. The "tests" were mostly papers, not actual tests.

10/31/08

ENG221

Tests were multiple choice but insanely hard and confusing. Lots of reading but thats to be expected. Loves putting students on the spot and pauses awkwardly every class. I'm sure if you love literature you will love him. He basically told me at the end of the year that the reason I got a C was because I played a sport.

10/27/08

ENG308

Dr. Partenheimer is an amazing professor. He gives you all the tools you need to do well on the tests in his lecture, and he's willing to give you as much help as you need. I've had him for two different classes and I highly recommend him.

7/30/08

ENG308

He's an excellent prof! I know some people don't like him bc he requires a little extra effort on our parts i.e. to get e.c. you have to come up w/something own your own to do-But he is so helpful, flexible, & encouraging. On tests, I could argue my answer & he always gave me the point back! Just give a little thought to things & you'll do fine!

6/9/08

Eng308

i adore Professor Partenheimer! yes, his classes are challenging, but he goes out of his way to be helpful; read carefully, write with detail, and you should be fine!

12/18/07

ENG190

Very nice guy. Teaches well.

12/2/07

ENG308

I took him for mythology. He does not write his own tets, they are very hard (he gets them from the text book). Also the class discussion does not even matter in relation to the test. He re-wrote our syllabus over 15 times I believe. Also if you want any hope of passing you must find your own way to get extra credit. Do not recommend at all!!

More English professors at Truman State University