in University of Cincinnati that teach Biology Edit
at University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
are you Denis Conover?

09/16/2014
good
Flowering Plant Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"There for you" "Lectures are long"

You can tell he enjoys teaching the content of this class. He comes across as a little absent-minded but he tries to make class interesting for everyone. He has very long slideshows and is not 100 on the use of technology. I would take the course again for fun. We take 2 trips this semester to go hiking on the weekend and identify plants.

04/08/2014
good
BIO1001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Conover is one of the BEST professors at UC. Just show up to most of his classes and read his powerpoints and you will get an A. Tests are somewhat hard, but at the end of the semester he curves everyone's grades a generous amount. Oh ya, he is also subtly hilarious and always shows pictures of his pets on his slides. Awesome guy.

04/03/2014
good
BIO101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Don't bother buying the book. The exam answers are all from the powerpoint. It's so boring. Good Luck! Also, my advisor suggested "How Life Works" which is BIO101 ... for a non-science major. NOT GOOD

06/11/2013
Biol1021 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Great Professor but you need to study his powerpoint slides in order to do well. The textbook actually helped me because of the questions at the end of each chapter. As long as you study hard, review his powerpoints, and attend class you will do well

02/17/2012
BIO103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

HE IS UNREALISTIC AND EXPECTS WAY TOO MUCH. TESTS ARE EXTREMELY HARD. GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!

08/19/2011
good
BIOL101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I like this man as a person, but I learned absolutely nothing from his class. His lectures were incredibly monotonous and consisted entirely of him reading powerpoint slides. His tests were so entirely based on the slides that I feel like I wasted my money even buying the textbook. I won't take a class with him again.

05/06/2011
good

His class was so boring, he is very monotone. We never used the textbook..!! It was a waste of my money. His exams are straight from the powerpoints and his powerpoints are very long...studying for his exams was very stressful. Attendance is not mandatory and he adds like 8 points to your final quarter grade. His class just wasn't my cup of tea.

05/02/2011
good
Bio101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The easiest class I have ever taken! I attended 3 classes all quarter and received a 104% in the class. His powerpoint are posted online and are super easy to understand. I highly recommend taking him.

03/29/2011

I had Conover for Bio 101 and 102. His class is extremely boring; he talks in monotone the entire class and simply reads from his slide show. He did add 5% to your grade for attending class, but only for 101 not 102. If you take this professor, DO NOT BUY THE BOOK. It is a waste of good money. I didn't open it and got an A and a B.

03/22/2011
bio101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Horrible teacher. Test are HARD! class average on one exam was a 60%

01/21/2011
good
BIOL101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is a great teacher! Come to class, read your book, and study...thats all you need and you will do fine!

01/19/2011
good

Overall not a horrible professor, but was not good by any means. Speaks in a very monotone voice which puts you sleep. We never used the book. His exams are exactly like the practice exams he posts on BB. Study those and his powerpoints and you should be fine.

01/05/2011
good
BIOL103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The best professor at UC !!!

01/05/2011
good
BIOL123 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took all of freshmen biology with him and I only have one word to describe him, AWESOME. I'm a senior now and I am still in contact with him, he is a great professor.

11/10/2010
good
Biol101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Textbook is worthless. His Powerpoints show exactly what will be on the exams, nothing more and nothing less. If you don't get an A, you can't blame him. Curves big on exams and gives PRS extra credit for attending class. He's very nice and helpful and even funny at times. The only downside: 3 exams make up the entire grade for the quarter.

11/02/2010
good
bio101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I loved doctor conover and would have him teach every biology class I ever took... probablt my favorite teacher thus far at UC

07/15/2010
good
bio103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Conover has been one of my favorite teachers my freshman year. He has the best humor and made going to class enjoyable. I will miss his lectures next year. I would recommend him for any biology student.

06/08/2010
good
BIO102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I actually found the book to be helpful in Dr. Conover's class, as he did test some vocab and concept questions that weren't covered in lectures. Got an A through reading, end of chapter questions, sample questions posted on Blackboard, and online quizzes at Aris site. Class is helpful b/c he'll sometimes give hints on specific questions on tests.

06/06/2010
good
BIOL102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

His lectures lack the excitement that other professors have, but he does make jokes from time to time that are quite funny. Do not buy the book for this class, I never even opened the book and still got an A, biggest waste of money ever. I definitely recommend Dr. Conover for freshman biology :)

04/01/2010
good
BIOL105 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Do not buy the book for this class. I did not buy the book and only went to 2 classes and got an A. I would recommend going to the SI sessions that are offered they helped me a lot. If you study the power points, sample questions and SI worksheets you will do fine.