in University of Cincinnati that teach Biology Edit
at University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, OH
are you Denis Conover?

09/16/2014
good
Flowering Plant Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Lectures are long" "There for you"

You can tell he enjoys teaching the content of this class. He comes across as a little absent-minded but he tries to make class interesting for everyone. He has very long slideshows and is not 100 on the use of technology. I would take the course again for fun. We take 2 trips this semester to go hiking on the weekend and identify plants.

04/08/2014
good
BIO1001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Conover is one of the BEST professors at UC. Just show up to most of his classes and read his powerpoints and you will get an A. Tests are somewhat hard, but at the end of the semester he curves everyone's grades a generous amount. Oh ya, he is also subtly hilarious and always shows pictures of his pets on his slides. Awesome guy.

04/03/2014
good
BIO101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Don't bother buying the book. The exam answers are all from the powerpoint. It's so boring. Good Luck! Also, my advisor suggested "How Life Works" which is BIO101 ... for a non-science major. NOT GOOD

06/11/2013
Biol1021 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Great Professor but you need to study his powerpoint slides in order to do well. The textbook actually helped me because of the questions at the end of each chapter. As long as you study hard, review his powerpoints, and attend class you will do well

02/17/2012
BIO103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

HE IS UNREALISTIC AND EXPECTS WAY TOO MUCH. TESTS ARE EXTREMELY HARD. GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!

08/19/2011
good
BIOL101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I like this man as a person, but I learned absolutely nothing from his class. His lectures were incredibly monotonous and consisted entirely of him reading powerpoint slides. His tests were so entirely based on the slides that I feel like I wasted my money even buying the textbook. I won't take a class with him again.

05/06/2011
good

His class was so boring, he is very monotone. We never used the textbook..!! It was a waste of my money. His exams are straight from the powerpoints and his powerpoints are very long...studying for his exams was very stressful. Attendance is not mandatory and he adds like 8 points to your final quarter grade. His class just wasn't my cup of tea.

05/02/2011
good
Bio101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The easiest class I have ever taken! I attended 3 classes all quarter and received a 104% in the class. His powerpoint are posted online and are super easy to understand. I highly recommend taking him.

03/29/2011

I had Conover for Bio 101 and 102. His class is extremely boring; he talks in monotone the entire class and simply reads from his slide show. He did add 5% to your grade for attending class, but only for 101 not 102. If you take this professor, DO NOT BUY THE BOOK. It is a waste of good money. I didn't open it and got an A and a B.

03/22/2011
bio101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Horrible teacher. Test are HARD! class average on one exam was a 60%