Denis Conover at University of Cincinnati

Denis Conover

Number of ratings 74 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

4/8/14

BIO1001

Conover is one of the BEST professors at UC. Just show up to most of his classes and read his powerpoints and you will get an A. Tests are somewhat hard, but at the end of the semester he curves everyone's grades a generous amount. Oh ya, he is also subtly hilarious and always shows pictures of his pets on his slides. Awesome guy.

4/3/14

BIO101

Don't bother buying the book. The exam answers are all from the powerpoint. It's so boring. Good Luck! Also, my advisor suggested "How Life Works" which is BIO101 ... for a non-science major. NOT GOOD

6/11/13

Biol1021

Great Professor but you need to study his powerpoint slides in order to do well. The textbook actually helped me because of the questions at the end of each chapter. As long as you study hard, review his powerpoints, and attend class you will do well

2/17/12

BIO103

HE IS UNREALISTIC AND EXPECTS WAY TOO MUCH. TESTS ARE EXTREMELY HARD. GET OUT WHILE YOU CAN!

8/19/11

BIOL101

I like this man as a person, but I learned absolutely nothing from his class. His lectures were incredibly monotonous and consisted entirely of him reading powerpoint slides. His tests were so entirely based on the slides that I feel like I wasted my money even buying the textbook. I won't take a class with him again.

5/6/11

BIO101

His class was so boring, he is very monotone. We never used the textbook..!! It was a waste of my money. His exams are straight from the powerpoints and his powerpoints are very long...studying for his exams was very stressful. Attendance is not mandatory and he adds like 8 points to your final quarter grade. His class just wasn't my cup of tea.

5/2/11

Bio101

The easiest class I have ever taken! I attended 3 classes all quarter and received a 104% in the class. His powerpoint are posted online and are super easy to understand. I highly recommend taking him.

3/29/11

BIO101

I had Conover for Bio 101 and 102. His class is extremely boring; he talks in monotone the entire class and simply reads from his slide show. He did add 5% to your grade for attending class, but only for 101 not 102. If you take this professor, DO NOT BUY THE BOOK. It is a waste of good money. I didn't open it and got an A and a B.

3/22/11

bio101

Horrible teacher. Test are HARD! class average on one exam was a 60%

1/21/11

BIOL101

He is a great teacher! Come to class, read your book, and study...thats all you need and you will do fine!

1/19/11

BIO101

Overall not a horrible professor, but was not good by any means. Speaks in a very monotone voice which puts you sleep. We never used the book. His exams are exactly like the practice exams he posts on BB. Study those and his powerpoints and you should be fine.

1/5/11

BIOL103

The best professor at UC !!!

1/5/11

BIOL123

I took all of freshmen biology with him and I only have one word to describe him, AWESOME. I'm a senior now and I am still in contact with him, he is a great professor.

11/10/10

Biol101

Textbook is worthless. His Powerpoints show exactly what will be on the exams, nothing more and nothing less. If you don't get an A, you can't blame him. Curves big on exams and gives PRS extra credit for attending class. He's very nice and helpful and even funny at times. The only downside: 3 exams make up the entire grade for the quarter.

11/2/10

bio101

I loved doctor conover and would have him teach every biology class I ever took... probablt my favorite teacher thus far at UC

7/15/10

bio103

Dr. Conover has been one of my favorite teachers my freshman year. He has the best humor and made going to class enjoyable. I will miss his lectures next year. I would recommend him for any biology student.

6/8/10

BIO102

I actually found the book to be helpful in Dr. Conover's class, as he did test some vocab and concept questions that weren't covered in lectures. Got an A through reading, end of chapter questions, sample questions posted on Blackboard, and online quizzes at Aris site. Class is helpful b/c he'll sometimes give hints on specific questions on tests.

6/6/10

BIOL102

His lectures lack the excitement that other professors have, but he does make jokes from time to time that are quite funny. Do not buy the book for this class, I never even opened the book and still got an A, biggest waste of money ever. I definitely recommend Dr. Conover for freshman biology :)

4/1/10

BIOL105

Do not buy the book for this class. I did not buy the book and only went to 2 classes and got an A. I would recommend going to the SI sessions that are offered they helped me a lot. If you study the power points, sample questions and SI worksheets you will do fine.

3/29/10

BIOL101

Dr. Conover is great! Everyone says his lectures are boring, but if you enjoy science, the lectures are not boring. If you're not a science major, don't take this class. If you are a science major, you'll get a good grade. There are only three tests, equally weighted, and very easy. I ended up with over 100% in the class after the curve.

More Biology professors at University of Cincinnati