J Sims at El Camino College

J Sims

Number of ratings 44 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

9/26/13

Math 170

I took this class over summer and I thought she lectured super slow. But very helpful and clear. She assigns online and book hwk. Me and 5 others got As out of a class of 40. She allows a cheat sheet on the final. Plus she considers curving grades.

3/8/13

Math 73

She is AWESOME!!! Explains everything thoroughly.Gives a lot of handouts that help with sections.Just do well on the test and do majority of the homework.

12/19/12

math160

a very great math teacher. Does not grade too hard on tests and is more than willing to help you with any questions you have. If you study you will do well in this class.

8/29/12

Math140

She is by far the best Math teacher I have taken. She is Clystal clear on her lectures. If you are the type that likes to slack around this is not for you.

8/18/12

Math23

I took Ms.Sims this past summer for math 23. I was skeptical because I'm not a good math student and worried about the short semester, she was an awesome teacher, she explains clearly and wants the student to understand the concept not to memorize..I really enjoyed her class and hope to take her for math 73.

6/10/12

Math180

Wow prof Sims is amazing .. Probably the most helpful and clear math teacher .. Will totally literally go over everything you Would think of asking. Make sure you do all the homework, cause it'll really help ... Overall, great teacher

12/28/11

math2373

Professor Sims is an awesome teacher! Took her for math23 and got a B cause I didn't do all my homework. I also took her for math73 and even though it's a little tougher she makes it easy! I recommend her to the fullest! She lets you retake tests and will drop your lowest grade! She loves teaching and class is great!!

12/1/11

Math40

Ms. Sims is without question the best math teacher I've ever had.She is so helpful and goes over everything thoroughly.I wish she taught the other math classes I need,but she doesnt.If you can take her for math, do it!! She wants you to succeed and gives you everything you need to do well.You can even re-take some tests.What more could you ask for?

8/12/11

a0130

MISS J. SIMS, is one of the best math teachers i have had in my entire life. she is really helpful, gives out a lot of handouts so you could practice, lets you re-take test you did not do well on and sends you a example test and final...lots of online homework

6/20/11

Math23

GREAT teacher, very helpful does as much as she can to pass. one of the best teachers ever =] passed with a B

6/17/11

Math180

The best Math Teacher I have ever Taken! She is so good at teaching. The lectures are crystal clear and she gives out a lot of helpful handouts. She also has an awesome personality and likes to provide a relaxing learning environment. I got a C in her class because I did not study as effectively tho

5/25/11

Math40

I have never liked or enjoyed math but Ms. Sims is the best math teacher I have ever had. She is so helpful and wants you to do well. You can re-take quizes you dont do good on. she also sends sample exams to your email which are very similar to actual exams.

12/26/10

Math23

I took Ms.Sims in Fall, and I hate math previously getting a C in Math 12, I came out of this class with a B. She is extremely nice, I failed pretty much all the tests except the last two but we were able to redo the tests to average them up. There was a lot of online homework, so watch out for that.

12/17/10

Math23

I took math 23 in the 2010 Fall with Ms Sims. She's not only a great person, but a great teacher. She helps you when you're not sure of problems and SENDS SAMPLE EXAMS, BEFORE AN EXAM WHICH IS REALLY HELPFUL. I would gladly take Ms sims again in the future!!!

11/25/09

Math180

OHMYGOODNESS this woman saved my life so many times! she has a knack for giving extra cred at the perfect times! i was given a gracious B - although i probably deserved worse...however, i DID learn a lot. i only took 180 to satisy a pre-req, and am glad i took her. if you're shaky/uninterested in pre-calc, she is your best friend!! thanks jackie!!!

9/1/09

MATH130

nice lady.kind of falls behind schedule quickly.not really strict on attendance.if you like fast learning don't take her.she put some problems on her tests that she didn't go over.i took her in the summer so it was a little harder and faster.i do recommend for ppl that have trouble in math bc she helps & nvr puts you on the spot!ask questions!

5/12/09

Math23

Jackie is the best! Weither u know math or u dont she is there to help. She is very clear in her teaching and gives u no bs. I took her 2 yrs ago and I am gonna take her again for math 130. Cant wait I know that I will get an A again!! GO JACKIE!!!!! YAAAYYYA! WOOOOOO!!!! lol

12/4/08

math23

great teacher. she really goes through her stuff and makes sure you understand. she doesnt care if you walk in late or if you miss days. honestly if you miss though you miss A LOT so make sure your there on time every day or else you will fall WAYYY behind. take her!

12/2/08

math23

She awesome. great teacher and always willing to help. takes her time to teach and makes sure u understand everything. easy A. take her!

11/18/08

Math180

Shes a great teacher, but the only problem is that she teaches the material extremely slow. If you are a slow learner, I recommend you to take her.

More Mathematics professors at El Camino College