in University of Washington that teach Honors Edit
at University of Washington, Seattle, WA
are you Clare Bright?

03/08/2013
good
HONORS 394A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

It's quite a bit of reading, but you can get by skimming and in-class review. Very discussion-based: the first half of class gets a bit dull sometimes, but she really knows her stuff. A lot of small-group break outs and all-class discussions which I loved. The content is pretty fascinating too, will challenge the way you think. Overall positive.

12/09/2012
good
HON394 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Clare is an extremely interesting professor! I had her for Philosophy of Gender, and was extremely impressed with her level of knowledge and dedication to teaching. The class was VERY philosophy based, which I wasn't expecting, so be prepared. I loved Clare as a teacher but philosophy wasn't my thing, so I might not gotten as much out of it.

03/21/2012
HONOR394A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had Clare for Comparative Ideology of Human Rights Movements, which I was genuinely interested in before the course. However, it ended up being mostly black/women's history, which is NOT what I had in mind. i was hoping for more contemporary. She's a very sweet lady, but not the best lecturer. She will encourage you to speak in class, I like that

03/18/2011
good
Hon394A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is one of the best professors I've had at the UW. If you are in the Honors program and have the opportunity, definitely take one of her courses. They require a lot of reading, and the class will challenge you on your assumptions about yourself and society, but it is so worth it. I would take these classes again if I could!

01/09/2011
Honor391 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

My least favorite class at UW so far. The first week you are buried under 6+ hours of reading. If you plan to do all the readings, expect to do 2-5 hours prior to class. Extremely boring lecturer. 10 page paper due on the same day as the GROUP final (honestly it makes it harder and is completely unfair and deceivingly difficult) Avoid if possible!