in University of Oregon that teach Journalism Edit
are you Duncan McDonald?
1.7

06/27/2009
good
J203 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Duncan's class was hard. After writing arduous amounts of papers and proofreading over the same document eight times I realized something. I hate Journalism! Thanks to Duncan's class I finally realized that this wasn't the major I had wanted to pursue. I'm now a science major.

06/15/2009
good
J203 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Duncan is the man, avoid taking any classes w/ Tracy Miller if you can wait a term to take them w/ Duncan. He knows his****, he's clever and concise, and extremely helpful.

03/18/2009
good
JJ Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Duncan once wrote on my project in black sharpie "WHAT IS THIS!?" and "It looks like you're not going to finish it." He almost made me cry. But I kept going to his office hours and ended up getting a B-. He said he liked my final report. He will also give you an automatic F if your paper contains any spelling or grammar errors.

02/11/2009
good
J203 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Duncan McDonald, or D-Mac as I like to call him is an excellent professor. His classes was one of the most difficult I at the UO J-School, but well worth it. Make sure to stop by office hours. He really respects you if you do. I prefer his upper level classes. I really didn't like grammar from him at all, but PR writing was great. Hard, but great.

05/19/2008
good

Yes Duncan is tough, and yes you will either fail or get a C in his class. However the risk is worth the reward as if nothing else, Duncan turns you into an awesome self editor. You learn how to write and proofread at a high level. A lot of getting the C or the F depends on your GTF. I had anxiety for 10 weeks, but I think it was worth it.