in The Ohio State University that teach English Edit
Sebastian Knowles
at The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
are you Sebastian Knowles?

02/18/2009
good
Eng595 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Are you kidding me? This rating system does not do Prof. Knowles justice. He is the best prof you will ever have. No he's not easy, and you have to listen to understand his point, isn't that the point of learning???

05/06/2008
good
eng110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

fun, inspiring

10/09/2007
good
Hist101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He taught my Experience of War class. He's simply one of the best profs I have ever encountered in undergrad,grad and law school. A tremendous teacher.

02/28/2007
good
eng202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Seb is one of the most entertaining professors I've ever encountered.

06/14/2006
English Lit Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He was friendly and funny. He can entertain a class, but he unfortunately lacks clairity. I often had difficulty follwing his train of thought. He is a real piece of work. First lecture he pulled out a hammer and nailed an American Flag to the wall. This was at Antwerp University in Belgium :p

04/15/2006
good
ENG 561 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Seb is the kind of literature professor a reader dreams about. He's intimidatingly intelligent, but always welcoming and funny. I found his train of thought hard to follow sometimes, but mostly because his thinking isn't as linear as most people. It's great having a teacher who will teach you to think in a different way.

12/13/2005
good
ENG 860.02 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

An authority on early 20th C Brit Lit., he effortlessly waltzed in and out of texts and got us to reflect on stylistic and formal concerns of writers in a completely different light. If you are looking for someone who can teach you to read texts closely, he is the man. And his sense of "humour" (he's British you see) is simply delightful.

10/20/2005
good
Eng 543 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This professor was all over the place, but he was so fun and interesting that I would recommend him. He's difficult in terms of grading, but the classes move quickly and he is always amusing because he thinks out loud and encourages us to laugh with him. He's one of the smartest and most entertaining (without trying to be) professor I've had here

03/05/2005
good
Hon H296 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Went on the london study tour with him - great guy!

02/02/2005
good
H267 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Seb's class was by far my favorite class of all time. I was in the London Study Abroad program with him and I NEVER stopped laughing. He's hilarious, but he is quite British, and as such his sense of humor is slightly odd, but great. Highly recommended!