in The Ohio State University that teach English Edit
Sebastian Knowles
at The Ohio State University, Columbus, OH
are you Sebastian Knowles?

11/05/2014
good
English 3398 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Gives good feedback" "Respected by students" "Tough Grader"

Professor Knowles was an overall great professor. He is very passionate about what he is teaching. In the beginning of the semester, I was a little overwhelmed by how "smart" he was, but it gets less intimidating over time. He will make you work for your good grade, but he will challenge you and make you a better writer.

02/18/2009
good
Eng595 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Are you kidding me? This rating system does not do Prof. Knowles justice. He is the best prof you will ever have. No he's not easy, and you have to listen to understand his point, isn't that the point of learning???

05/06/2008
good
eng110 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

fun, inspiring

10/09/2007
good
Hist101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He taught my Experience of War class. He's simply one of the best profs I have ever encountered in undergrad,grad and law school. A tremendous teacher.

02/28/2007
good
eng202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Seb is one of the most entertaining professors I've ever encountered.

06/14/2006
English Lit Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He was friendly and funny. He can entertain a class, but he unfortunately lacks clairity. I often had difficulty follwing his train of thought. He is a real piece of work. First lecture he pulled out a hammer and nailed an American Flag to the wall. This was at Antwerp University in Belgium :p

04/15/2006
good
ENG 561 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Seb is the kind of literature professor a reader dreams about. He's intimidatingly intelligent, but always welcoming and funny. I found his train of thought hard to follow sometimes, but mostly because his thinking isn't as linear as most people. It's great having a teacher who will teach you to think in a different way.

12/13/2005
good
ENG 860.02 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

An authority on early 20th C Brit Lit., he effortlessly waltzed in and out of texts and got us to reflect on stylistic and formal concerns of writers in a completely different light. If you are looking for someone who can teach you to read texts closely, he is the man. And his sense of "humour" (he's British you see) is simply delightful.

10/20/2005
good
Eng 543 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This professor was all over the place, but he was so fun and interesting that I would recommend him. He's difficult in terms of grading, but the classes move quickly and he is always amusing because he thinks out loud and encourages us to laugh with him. He's one of the smartest and most entertaining (without trying to be) professor I've had here

03/05/2005
good
Hon H296 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Went on the london study tour with him - great guy!

02/02/2005
good
H267 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Seb's class was by far my favorite class of all time. I was in the London Study Abroad program with him and I NEVER stopped laughing. He's hilarious, but he is quite British, and as such his sense of humor is slightly odd, but great. Highly recommended!

12/29/2004
English 291 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This Prof is not the norm--but he is very intelligent, and even if individual lectures may not always seem to make sense, it all comes together at the end. Lectures were vividly told and fun. Papers graded hard. Not easy to talk to one on one.

11/30/2004
good
202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

One of the best professors I have had at OSU. Class is actually entertaining, and he really gets the point across.

10/06/2004
good
Eng 202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He's very passionate about his subjects, he's hilarious and he's very intellegent. I wish I could've taken more classes with him.

06/22/2004
brit lit Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

bad prof. Unclear on expectations

06/11/2004
good
202, 595.. Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

I have taken three soon to be four courses with Prof. Knowles. He is the smartest, most well read, most interesting teacher or man I have ever met. He is very challenging, however well worth the effort.

06/07/2004
Eng 398 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

He was very negative towards me. He was never supportive, told me I was a bad writer, and was an overall jerk to our class. Don't take him. I had never gotten lower than an A- on a paper and he gave me a D on my first one. He is very strict and harsh.

03/12/2004
good
ENGL H598 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

This guy was one of the coolest teachers I have ever taken. He's creative, enthusiastic, and very intelligent. However, he is demanding that his students get involved (but he makes it fun)! Highly recommended.

03/03/2004
mod. brit. Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

very lofty, talked down to me all the time. btw, i am an A student so this is not from someone disgruntled. i have never seen a prof. so arrogant and unclear. stay away from his classes.

01/02/2004
good
Brit Lit Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: N/A Grade Received: N/A

He is the most intelligent professor I have had. He makes class fun to attend...I think those above probably did no work and are angry about thier grades because it would be almost impossible to dislike this professor for any other reason. Research him.