Gabrielle Starr at New York University

Gabrielle Starr

Number of ratings 15 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

12/17/07

conwest

Brilliant, interesting, insightful, and totally friendly- her lectures are well-prepared and often funny. It's no easy A, but this woman actually made my early morning freshman year ConWest lecture enjoyable rather than torturous, as MAP courses can be with some of its more mediocre professors.

4/5/07

CONWE0100

Interesting lectures, funny, and intelligent. TA is critical....she just does the lectures, the grading is all TA.

1/10/07

conwesect

SHe was veryy intimidating, very smart, throws out big words all over the place---i was carrying a dictionary with me alwayssss! And if you work hard, you should do well, but beware of TAs!!! She doesnt seem to grade anything and its all them

12/12/06

Cwest101

I loved Professor Starr, but if you want to search for her classes look under Gina Harpole...weird!

1/28/06

Conwest

I absolutely loved Professor Starr. She's funny and sweet. She's very easy to talk to regarding the class material. Best reading in Antiquity and the Enlightenment than any other Conwest course. TA's are fair on midterm and final grading. She's probably the best teacher I've evre had! I love her!

1/5/06

conwest

this was the smartest professor i have ever had. there was a lot of reading but i appreciated it after lectures cause they were really good. She tries to relate to the class and is pretty funny. tough for sure, but def. worth it.

12/14/05

Conwest

come to class and you know what she wants on the test; she wants you to come talk to her and will help you, but the class can be intimidating

6/13/05

conwest lect.

Nobody in my class could understand her, and we really tried hard. We even formed study groups, but her terminology is really advanced. I agree with the former comment, she speaks like someone who just got their doctorate. It's a bit intimidating. She's extremely well educated, but often she refers to material that many of us are not familiar with

6/4/05

18th C Brit Lit

This is the best professor I have ever had at NYU! I'm not sure why people found her so difficult to understand, but maybe if their reasons for coming to NYU didn't involve Felicity they would comprehend words like "trope" more easily. I found her very warm and supportive, and her brilliance was refreshing to me. I love Professor Starr!!!!

5/22/05

Con West

I came to really really enjoy this class and this topic.

4/19/05

ConWest

Worst prof. ever. Recitations are mandatory and enduce masochistic tendencies. She tries to be funny with bad jokes that just make her sound obnoxious and she tries really hard to sound intelligent with unnecessarily big words. She just sounds stuck up....she is stuck up. Avoid this class!!!!!!!!!!!

4/18/05

ConWest

Hard but I like the pace.

4/14/05

ConWest

I don't understand this woman. She makes me feel stupid. She talks like someone who just got their doctorate & feels they have to use words normal people don't understand. I can't even comprehend her justification of philosophical concepts because I just don't understand what she is saying. SO HARD!

4/13/05

ConWest

this class totally blows. its so boring, she's kinda funny, but not really. there is way too much reading that no one really does, but lectures are a must... you wont know anything on the exam if you dont go.

1/24/05

ConWest Lecture

She lectures so FAST on powerpoint! It's ridiculously hard to keep up with her when writing down the notes. Seems forced like every 3rd word she says is a SAT word or something. However, she does lighten up the mood every now & then by quoting from THE SIMPSONS. Overall, her class is very difficult!

More Literature professors at New York University