Michael Palmer at Arizona State University

Michael Palmer

Number of ratings 54 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/25/14

PSY 472

Great course! He focuses more on learning than anything else and I love that! If you really want to learn and be submerged in psychology and be around one of the founders of psychology, you are in the right class.

10/31/13

PSY 320

Dr. Palmer was extremely insightful due to his stories about his private practice.This class is beyond easy but you have to attend every lecture because he does not use the book. He tends to be very redundant about material he enjoys and skips everything else.I loved the fact this class was a gpa booster but I didn't really gain too much knowledge.

3/5/13

PSY320

Amazing professor, you just have to take him. He has so much insight and knowledge about the subject, he makes you WANT to go to a 9am class even though attendance isn't graded. Anyone interested in psychology will benefit greatly from taking any of his classes.

11/13/12

PGS443

Incredibly easy- always gave us the answers to the test the class before the test. Engaging personality. Decades of experience in psychology as a practitioner and professor. No homework. Talked about his experience while tying in theory and life advice. One of my favorite psychology classes.

12/1/11

Psy320

The structure of his class is very easy. He is a very knowledgable person. he tells it like it is.

5/16/11

PGS443

This is the second time I have taken a class from him and I absolutely love his teaching style!He is the best professor at ASU because he teaches you what you need to know and what is relevant in a real world setting; not things that are just conceptual but things that actually happen.Never uses a book and exams are super easy!take his class!

4/26/11

PGS443

Hands down, the BEST teacher I've had at ASU. Not only did I learn a ton about myself, but he knows his stuff & helps you apply Psychology to the real world instead of just memorizing a textbook. He even wrote me a recommendation letter & I got in. :) Pick his brain & you will learn a ton. TAKE THIS CLASS! He is truly amazing.

4/26/11

PGS443

Best teacher ever! He doesn't try to throw irrelevant material at you. He just wants you to know the most important stuff. There isn't that much material to learn, but I still feel like I left the class knowing the material very well.

3/6/11

PGS443

I loved Dr. Palmer!!!!!! I wish every professor at ASU taught as well as him and cared as much as he does. He knows his stuff, his stories are interesting and funny, and he will help answer any questions you have. He has guided me so much for grad school and research. Absolutely best professor I have EVER had at ASU!

1/11/11

psy320

I'm surprised people raved so highly about this professor. He is ok but def not as amazing as these posts make him sound. I thought he seemed arrogant and his constant name dropping just added to that. He isnt really clear and I feel that we learned minimal material. Got an A, but didnt learn much

1/11/11

psy320

11/12/10

PGS443

"This is will be the easiest class you'll have" These are the first words he tells you in class. True he goes on tangents with stories that may or may not be relevant. But, point being HE KNOWS HIS STUFF!!! If you love picking teachers brains for as much info as you can. This is the teacher for you. He's also friends with Skinner.

9/28/10

PGS443

LOVE HIM! Best teacher I've ever had at ASU. His extremely nice and understanding. Seen him after class and takes an interest in my academic and personal self and said if I needed anything (recommendation wise) to just ask. He may come off as boring but try to keep attention - it's worth it!

9/26/10

PSY320

Single best professor I've ever had! Knows his stuff, has been doing psychology for over 40 years, and was friends with B.F. Skinner and Joe Wolpe! Very helpful, funny, informative, and fair. Teaches concepts, and really cares about how much you are learning. He doesn't use a book, so make sure you go to class to get notes; otherwise, super easy!

5/29/10

PGS320

AWESOME PROFESSOR!And I mean it,he's really awesome!I would definitely recommend taking a class with him.He has reasonable exams and if you go to class and take notes,you will do fine.He gives you the questions to the exams so that you can practice them.He practices what he preach.Don't need the book.You will learn alot from him!BEST PROFESSOR EVER

5/21/10

PSY320

One of the best teachers at ASU. No need for a book because everything he does in the class he shares from his own experience. Attending class is required because he pretty much teaches to the test and he doesn't use a book but you'll actually enjoy going to class. He knows his stuff, makes it applicable, and is even funny.

5/16/10

PSY320

Dr. Palmer is an awesome teacher. Its hard to find teachers like him anymore. Go to class and take notes. He doesnt take attendance but you will want to go to class and hear his stories and about his experience. You learn a lot of useful information. Overall, this was my favorite class at ASU.

5/9/10

PSY320

Everything I know about Psychology is from this man. It's ok if you miss class once in a while but he doesn't use a book so you should go, plus why miss his awesome info and stories? Seriously, Dr. Palmer is by far the best Psych teacher at ASU. When I was finished with his class I just wanted to say thank you! What a great experience. Thanks Dr. P

4/6/10

pgs443

Great prof! Tells it how it is. Has plenty of experience with the real world and shares his tales. Not a hard class, just attend because he doesn't use BB. But the class is interesting anyways. His learning class is also very amazing.

12/18/09

PGS443

He is my FAVORITE teacher at ASU so far. His lectures are captivating and truly interesting. He got me SO much more interested in the field. He has 30+ years experience working as a Clinical Psychologist and it shows. No need for a text book, easy A if you attend class. He is the BEST teacher at ASU. I am taking another class of his next semester!

More Psychology professors at Arizona State University