in Appalachian State University that teach Fine Arts Edit
Lilith Nielander
Professor in the Fine Arts department
at Appalachian State University, Boone, NC
are you Lilith Nielander?

11/15/2014
1001 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A
"Big time extra credit" "There for you"

I had her for my Foundations 1 class. She can be very cryptic with her assignments, leaving the whole class with no clue what to do at first. Once you get past this stage of complete confusion, she is there for help and support. She is very, VERY picky with what she does and doesn't like in a person's artwork, but it helped me with my compositions.

11/14/2012
good
ART1011 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took this class at 8 a.m. and it was a struggle to get up but I enjoyed it very much. Lilith is super sweet, tells you exactly what to do on projects and will help if asked. Attendance is strict but a few absences didn't hurt my grade. If you at least try on the projects and talk during critiques, you will make an A. I highly recommend her!

01/24/2012
ART1000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Design Fundamentals was an easy class, but still very time consuming. There was a project due pretty much every week, and they were always very restrictive (only one color allowed, etc.) It was interesting at times, but I mostly spend the semester waiting to get to the fun stuff. Easy A if you do the work.

03/31/2011
ART1011 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

She's a nice lady, but probably should stick to making the beautiful jewelry she makes.... Didn't learn much, had to take that class because I'm a photo major. Keep up with your work, do things on time. Do not take as an 8am. Worse. Decision. Ever.

04/26/2009
Art1001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I was not a huge fan of ol' Lilith. While she is indeed a sweet lady and an incredibly talented jeweler, she knows nothing about teaching. I was shocked to learn she has a PhD. I referenced artists many times that she didnt know, and they weren't obscure. Roy Litchenstein, American pop, come on. She's easy,if you can get past her IQ.

12/12/2008
good

Lilith is wonderful! She gives such interesting assignments. I've done some of my best work in her class. I HIGHLY recommend taking a class with her.

11/19/2008
ART1001 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

DO NOT take her for Foundations!! She is incredibly vague, repeats herself, and seems to think "You used the color pink" is a valid critique. She'll assign scales and whatnot like in high school Art 1 and seems to forget we all passed portfolio review. She doesn't push you to do your best work, and I had better art come out of high school classes.

12/12/2006
good
art2009 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

very very sweet, and very understanding. projects will be as interesting as you make them - & of course it is time consuming; it's a metals class, that means filing and sanding A LOT.

11/07/2005
good
design fund Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is such a sweet lady. I loved her class and the projects were fun! Some were time consuming but never hard. I defintely recommend this professor.

11/02/2005
good
Design Fund. I Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

um...projects are not fun b/c they are very time consuming and will drive you insane. but she is a nice lady, and the class is easy.

12/02/2004
good
Art 1011/1012 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a wonderful lady--cares for her students so much--impossible to get a bad grade--even her projects are fun--she is a wonderful person--TAKE HER IF YOU HAVE TO HAVE DESIGN FUNDAMENTALS ONE OR TWO!!