Lilith Nielander at Appalachian State University

Lilith Nielander

Number of ratings 10 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/14/12

ART1011

I took this class at 8 a.m. and it was a struggle to get up but I enjoyed it very much. Lilith is super sweet, tells you exactly what to do on projects and will help if asked. Attendance is strict but a few absences didn't hurt my grade. If you at least try on the projects and talk during critiques, you will make an A. I highly recommend her!

1/24/12

ART1000

Design Fundamentals was an easy class, but still very time consuming. There was a project due pretty much every week, and they were always very restrictive (only one color allowed, etc.) It was interesting at times, but I mostly spend the semester waiting to get to the fun stuff. Easy A if you do the work.

3/31/11

ART1011

She's a nice lady, but probably should stick to making the beautiful jewelry she makes.... Didn't learn much, had to take that class because I'm a photo major. Keep up with your work, do things on time. Do not take as an 8am. Worse. Decision. Ever.

4/26/09

Art1001

I was not a huge fan of ol' Lilith. While she is indeed a sweet lady and an incredibly talented jeweler, she knows nothing about teaching. I was shocked to learn she has a PhD. I referenced artists many times that she didnt know, and they weren't obscure. Roy Litchenstein, American pop, come on. She's easy,if you can get past her IQ.

12/12/08

ART1011

Lilith is wonderful! She gives such interesting assignments. I've done some of my best work in her class. I HIGHLY recommend taking a class with her.

11/19/08

ART1001

DO NOT take her for Foundations!! She is incredibly vague, repeats herself, and seems to think "You used the color pink" is a valid critique. She'll assign scales and whatnot like in high school Art 1 and seems to forget we all passed portfolio review. She doesn't push you to do your best work, and I had better art come out of high school classes.

12/12/06

art2009

very very sweet, and very understanding. projects will be as interesting as you make them - & of course it is time consuming; it's a metals class, that means filing and sanding A LOT.

11/7/05

design fund

She is such a sweet lady. I loved her class and the projects were fun! Some were time consuming but never hard. I defintely recommend this professor.

11/2/05

Design Fund. I

um...projects are not fun b/c they are very time consuming and will drive you insane. but she is a nice lady, and the class is easy.

12/2/04

Art 1011/1012

She is a wonderful lady--cares for her students so much--impossible to get a bad grade--even her projects are fun--she is a wonderful person--TAKE HER IF YOU HAVE TO HAVE DESIGN FUNDAMENTALS ONE OR TWO!!

More Fine Arts professors at Appalachian State University