in California State University Los Angeles that teach English Edit
A+

11/08/2014
good
English 510 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A
"Amazing lectures"

Amazing professor! She is the reason I went to CSULA.

12/22/2013
good
ENGL 340 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A+

I am SO BLESSED to have her teach my first Upper-Division English class as a transfer student! She truly cares about her students, and nurtures them in a way so that our writing skills progress with minimized stress. I am also part of her Statement Magazine group. I felt honored to be in her class. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! AND SHE IS VERY BEAUTIFUL!

12/30/2012
good
Engl482 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Do not insult her by missing class or by not doing your assigned reading. The readings are not very dense. She gives you a lot of freedom to create what you want. At first this much freedom can be daunting but in the end you'll wish everyone taught like her. The class is rewarding if you take it seriously and do the weekly research. Love her!

09/01/2012
good
ENGL102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Ramey is so inspiring. She's so compassionate towards her students and her work. Her class was so easy. She praises students for merely trying. TAKE HER IF YOU CAN. If you are not that great with English and writing Dr. Ramey is the professor to take.

12/29/2011
good
Engl482 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I love Professor Ramey, she is one of the best professors I've had at CSULA. She reminds me why I became an English major. I believe in her new methods of teaching (patch work projects). Not everyone tests well and this is a brilliant idea for those who do not test well. She made me want to come to class and do well.

07/11/2011
good
Eng408 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best class and best teacher!!! My favorite!! One of the best

05/24/2009
good
ENGL408 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best teacher in the department. Hands down. Dr. Ramey has had a huge impact on my life. I think many people would take a bullet for her. She's incredible! There's no question that she can't answer. More than a professor, a life coach. She is brilliant and beautiful. A rare treat. Thank you for everything!

12/11/2008
good
ENGL406 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She looks hot in those short skirts. She has the best body I have ever seen in a professor and a pretty face. She has the brains to mach. Take her just so you can look at her!

11/17/2008
good
Engl406 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dedicated, compassionate, and absolutely brilliant, Dr. Ramey genuinely cares about her students. While other professors use scare tactics to force students to become better writers, Dr. Ramey makes you WANT to become a better writer by showing you the writer inside you and the endless possibilities. This field needs be more professors like her.

06/30/2008
good
Engl541 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I have known Dr. Ramey for about two years now and have written my thesis with her. I have had so many wonderful professors in the past, but none as wonderful as Dr. Ramey. She is so passionate, encouraging and just an overall magnificent professor. I strive to be like her and she is a professor that I will remember and keep in touch with forever.

04/23/2007
good
Engl541 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Can you say hot? Smoking! She is what you think a cool professor should be, knowledgeable, helpful, organized and nurturing. She's "down wid da'" poets and chill enough to have a casual dinner with. Her approach to this class was very dynamic and her students walked away creating something more tangible than a grade. Take her.

10/28/2006
good
ENG506 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Incredibly sexy and fascinating mind make for an interesting class and experience. Challenging but helpful professor who knows how to teach and dress with class and style

10/21/2006
good

Hot looking and this professor knows writing and literature. If you want a professor to teach about Creative Writing the history of literature then take her. Her mind is up to her looks.

04/02/2006
good
Eng 479 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I cannot believe someone would give this professor a bad rating...she is the best professor i've had at this university.

good
ENG 507 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is not only extremely pleasant to look at but she knows an incredible amount about literature. If you are not a serious student who does not want to learn then take someone mediocre. But if you want someone internationally known and one who cares about her students then take Dr Ramey. I cannot recommend her highly enough.

good

If you are serious about your writing and want to experience the best of what Cal State has to offer in English and creative writing, take a course with Dr. Ramey. Any course. Her classes fill instantly and students wait from quarter to quarter to learn from her. She is internationally famous and just phenomenal!

good
ENG 407 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Whoever wrote that she is a phony is probably somebody who does not want to work or has a highly formalistic view of the field and does not understand genius. Brilliant professor who knows the traditional and non traditonal approaches to creative writing. And she looks great in those outfits!!!!!!!!!

11/15/2005
good
Eng 102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Really keeps u interested in class. Keeps students involved and has a unique style of teaching. +++

08/01/2005
good
English 407 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I can't say enough wonderful things about Prof. Ramey. She goes out of her way to make sure her students have a positive experience. Very invested in student success, from beginning writers to grad students. She's extremely knowledgeable about all aspects of poetry. Very popular prof whose classes fill up quickly so my advice is to register early.

08/01/2005
good

In my entire education, no one has helped me make more progress in my writing. Dr. Ramey is very encouraging but holds the highest standards. She is approachable and not arrogant, but her knowledge is awe inspiring. If you hope to be a writer, this professor is a must.