in College of William and Mary that teach Philosophy Edit
at College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
are you Alan Fuchs?

07/24/2011
good
PHIL303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Amazing individual. Expert in philosophy AND physics and finds ways to blend them together in class. He is a very sweet and calm person who pleasantly urges the class into discussion. He also has an amazing perspective on life and is really wonderful to talk to. I strongly recommend taking a class with him if he teaches again.

05/27/2011
good
Phil303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This was a GREAT philosophy class. He's really open to debates, and even though he might play devil's advocate, this keeps the conversations from being dominated by philosophy-major jargon. He'll make you defend your point, but he really wants you to participate. Such a sweetheart. Take this class!

05/09/2011
PHIL303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I just want to start by saying that I attended class diligently, took notes, tried my hardest to pay attention, the whole 9 yards. I'm not sure I learned anything. The lectures were disorganized, I couldn't keep up in my notes, and we'd often go off on tangents that really weren't relevant. I tried really hard to like this class, but I just can't.

05/01/2011
good
CS303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Has a lot of heart. You can tell that he also has a lot of experience in this matter considering he's been teaching it ever since he arrived here after graduate school. At this point of his life though, he doesn't keep control of the class. Kinda boring. You'll do fine. That's if he comes back next semester, which he won't. His back is killing him.

04/03/2011
PHIL303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I cannot say I have attended classes with the teacher people below me are describing. Class with Fuchs is mind numbingly boring, haven't learned anything and I now hate Ethics. Seriously, going to class is either torture or I fall asleep the whole time and spare myself.

05/09/2010
good
PHIL305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Fuchs was honored with the Jefferson Teaching Award in 1976 and his classes are still terrific today. His lectures are insightful and subtle, his questions for the class are engaging. Fuchs teaches you how to think - in that way parents keep telling you college will. A thoroughly enjoyable class. I'll take things with him again.

01/20/2009
good
PHIL305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great professor -- you can tell he's excited about the material, and he wants everyone to understand. Always available after and outside class for further discussion. Tests are straightforward and and optional paper can substitute for a bad test grade.

01/10/2007
good
PHiL305 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The only complaint I have about this prof is he has illegible handwriting! otherwise i loved the class..one of the few i wanted to come to every time. you can tell Fuchs has a passion for what he teaches and it is infectious! go to his office hours with questions--this helped me out TONS; he was very helpful!

10/03/2006
good
PHIL303 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Greatest philosopher of all time. Better than the son of Aristotle and Mill if they were able to have offspring together.

05/08/2006
good
Ethics Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Fuchs is great. He's good at explaining things and tests on the material. If you don't do the reading before classes, you'll feel like a dunce and have nothing to say. I would recommend this class to anyone. And that's coming from a science major.