in City College of New York that teach Foreign Languages & Literature Edit
Vittorio Rotella
Professor in the Foreign Languages & Literature department
at City College of New York, New York, NY
are you Vittorio Rotella?

11/11/2009
ITAL281 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

It's time to retire. Had him for Italian literature and he was terrible. Had us read aloud in class as if we were first graders. Forget any textual analysis. His discussions consist of you summarizing the book and then him simplifying the themes into one word. If you are a Lit major, STAY AWAY!

06/03/2008
ITAL2810 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Not clear at all, grumpy,impatient,boring, and very unfair grader.

04/05/2008
good
ITAL121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

NON DIRE STUPID AGGINI! this is one of the best professors in all of CUNY. I took him in the summer and there were only 6 of us in the class so he personally knew everyone. I noticed he was gonna pick on me alot so i started giving back stupid answers which made everyone laugh including him. his exams r not bad, he makes jokes, i def recomend him

05/11/2007
good
ITAL281 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

profesor rotella is the best italian teacher in city college... he will make you understand thinsgs he has no problem sitting down with you for 2 hours until you understand he is the best in all the different fields in thek italian department.

04/25/2007
good
Ital122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is the best Italian teacher at City College. Don't let his black humor and his attitude foolish you. He is very helpful, the way he speaks may make you think that he is a person with a nasty attitude but the thruth is that he is very HELPFUL, he is great. I recommend him 100%. Do not think it twice if you need his help.

12/08/2006
good
ItL121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He's a funny grumpy old man. He's very cool and he'll keep you engaged.

12/07/2006
Ital101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Everyone love Rotella, but I didn't. He made learning Italian difficult for me by constantly picking on me. I tired very hard in his class, but dreaded going there because of his attitude (sarcasm) towards me. If you don't reply fast to a questions then there will be sarcasm. Be ready to be put on the spot. Oh, I dropped the class within a few weeks.

12/24/2005
good
Ita 121,224,225 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Can be very sarcastic and funny despite the gruff exterior, which took me a while to figure out, then I loved the guy. Very clear explanation of ideas and he will not let you fail: will tutor you and do whatever it takes to help you learn.

12/18/2005
good
Italian 121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

he's a good professor, but be prepared for his sarcasm.

07/05/2005
good
WCIV102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Not a bad professor, Good grader though. The test was somewhat easy but there's no notes to take during lecture b/c he doesn't write any and the students do most of the talking.

05/25/2005
Ita. Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Obnoxious. If you want to learn the language, take another professor...any professor. They'll be 10x better than him. What a dickhead.

05/18/2005
good
ITAL 281 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

an easy A

12/16/2004
good
ITAL 121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This guy is so funny. Full of funny stories. What's bad about them is that he tells most of it in Italian, so I have no idea what he said half the time. Highly reccomended. Had lots of fun.

12/10/2004
good
Ital 122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Traditional yet modern. acts tough but hes not. very interested on your well being. Take him. hes one of the best among Cuny

12/07/2004
good
Ita 121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A