in California State University Long Beach that teach Languages Edit
at California State University Long Beach, Long Beach, CA
are you Masako Douglas?

06/03/2013
good
Japn 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Class is super easy if you do all the homework and study for 15 mins daily. Most of the quizzes and exams come straight from the homework. Do the paper activities early. She's very nice and grades easy.

05/21/2013
good
JAPN 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She's so nice! Test and quizzes were pretty easy, but being a fast-paced class with lots of homework, still make sure to study.

05/16/2013
good
JPN 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Pretty easy, a lot of effort required though. She is really nice and answers all questions. Test and quizzes are easier than she says it would be. Make sure you have time to study daily and do the homework.

01/09/2012
good
JAPN102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved this class! She's so nice. She gave me great advice as an advisor as well. Her tests were easy, and the homework is helpful. In-class activities were fun, and you become familiar with everyone in the class. I learned a lot in this class!!

01/28/2011
good
JAPN101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

fast-paced.

06/01/2010
good
JAPN201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

awesome prof. she is the one who taught me a lot. (not only Jap. also personal things). she really cares her students. I decided to do double major in Jap, because of her! thank you Douglas sensei <3

05/19/2010
good
JAPN102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great professor. Students are expected to do a lot of work, but she is always willing to help if you're feeling overwhelmed. Keep up with the homework and go to class! Don't be afraid to ask questions! Douglas-sensei is one of the nicest professors I've had at CSULB.

03/07/2010
JAPN451 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This class would've been a lot easier if we had a clear expectation of what to do for the homework and the tests. However, the class itself was interesting and you really learn a lot. She's friendly too.

01/25/2010
good
Jap201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She expects a lot out of her students, but is extremely nice and always willing to help during office hours. She does not do study guides so you have to study EVERYTHING. Keep up with homework and do well on quizzes cause this can help boost your grade up at the end. Study hard, and you'll do alright

01/10/2010
JAPN451 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

her instructions on homework assignments are usually not clear. we spent a lot of time try to figure out what was due the next class. she is a really nice professor and gives you a lot of freedom to do things.

12/16/2009
good

Professor was extremely sweet and nice. The textbook costs about $130, you need both the 1st and 2nd textbook for this class. Class was a bit difficult, sometimes I don't understand her grammar explanation. Oral exam wasn't so bad. Overall, I was a bit confused but I like her. I'm guessing my grade to be about a B or high C.

01/28/2009
good

She is an excellent teacher, and quite nice too! You just need to do your homework, pay attention during class, and study for tests. This class is NOT an easy A, and no one should expect it to be. Japanese is a hard language to learn, so don't take the class if you aren't willing to put in effort.

12/27/2008
JAPN201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is one challenging professor with a lot of expectations for her students. Japanese is not an easy language to learn and she adds a bit more of a strain to build up the muscle. Also, she is wonderful and very happy when she sees her students trying their best, however, it is sad she ignores students that want are ready to give info. to the class

12/10/2008
good
JAPN302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Douglas sensei is a sweetheart. She helped me out during a hard time in my life. She jokes a lot (if you can't take a joke then go get a boring professor) and is always smiling. Japanese classes are never easy, so as long as you work hard you'll do well.

05/09/2007
good

Okay, she does tend to remember things and harp on them all year. She can have trouble clarifying things she's talking about (I had to explain stuff to classmates). And she almost always goes overtime. But she's really nice, otherwise. I didn't have a problem with her personality, just those details I wrote above.

02/05/2006
JAPN Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

In my class with her, there was a guy who said he liked Japanese girls and wanted to marry one. Douglas proceeded to make a point of that the rest of the semester. Made us females feel like ***.

10/08/2005
good
Japanese Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I don't think she dislikes anybody based on looks. I'm a good looking lady and it didn't seem like she disliked me in any way. In fact she was very encouraging of me. There's a lot of work, but keep in mind this is a college course! I'm surprised that she's getting all these somewhat negative reviews. She has a very lovely personality!

10/07/2005
good
japanese 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

i like her... she's not too strict but not too enthusiastic either... class is not easy as many think it would be... but that's not her fault... as long as you are ready to do work and put effort to it, you will do fine.. quizzes and homework are very very important... but as long as you pay attention to books and homework, this class shouldn't be such a problem..

08/31/2005
good
Japn 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She was an awesome teacher. Basically what you give is what you get back grade-wise. It's Japanese, you can't mess around too much, but she's pretty easygoing,in my opinion.

04/29/2005
Nihongo 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

requires a****load of study and homework.