Diane Oren at San Joaquin Delta College

Diane Oren

Number of ratings 119 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/7/14

ENG1A

English was my favorite subject till this class. She talks about wanting to help the students (mainly athletes) but is extremely inconsistent with grading and offering help when wanting to go over a grade received on a paper. Must write to her pleasing but she doesn't tell you what that is. Would not recommend at all.

4/4/14

Eng 46B

Don't bother with this teacher. She's an incredibly hard grader who doesn't always clarify what she expects. She tends to go off topic too. The class is difficult even if you are good at writing papers.

2/3/14

English 79

I regret taking this teacher! I took her for two semesters. She is rude. She doesnt not know how to explain her material. I took english 79 with another teacher and recieved an A and learned so much. Dont take this class if your expecting to get an A!

8/21/13

Eng 1A

She is so confusing and makes you feel that you don't belong in the class.She gives out project but she is not clear on it.She is also picky when it comes to students,she pays focus on some and she hardly help students.I never knew how bad her teaching were until I found out myself after I enrolled into her class.If you want to pass,don take her!!

6/30/13

ENG1A

What can I say about Oren besides Horrible, Horrible, Horrible. Honestly, she's the worst professor I've had in my educational experience. She knows English 1A is a requirement and makes it almost impossible to pass, unless you're a genius, professional writer. It's pretty much full points or no points.I would not recommend her to anyone. Beware!!

5/21/13

ENG001A

She's unclear as to what is expected within the class and does not encourage students to ask for help. I felt belittled in her class whenever I had a comment or question. She also grades very hard.

5/21/13

ENG 1A

Absolutely terrible. I wasn't taught a single thing about writing. She mostly goes on tangents about life. If she sees a minor error in following directions on a paper and F will be given. Directions are not always clearly stated. Do not recommend at all.

6/27/12

ENGENG

Is hard to understand what does she wants on the class activities. I always got 0/64, 0/50, 0/10. I told her English is not my first language. I really put my effort to pass this class. But after those 10 minutes Quizzes and 20/80. I just dropped before I get an F.

4/12/12

ENG1D

Worst instructor ever. Her attitude towards students who had questions to better understand the subject at hand was flat out rude. She thinks she is smarter than the text book. So she is always right even when she is wrong! I dropped her class for a different teacher. If you want to learn, i suggest you do the same, to save your own sanity.

12/14/11

Eng1a

This is a great teacher. She does give out a lot of hw but not so much where you are freaking out. I dont think the class was very hard, i mean its college, if you cant do homework every night then maybe you should rethink your goals. I recommend this teacher because she also will teach you many things about life.

6/15/11

EngEng

According to Oren it is a fact that the world is flat. Supposedly a "fact" is anything that can be proven OR dis-proven! I'm not making this up. She actually said that. Not only did she say it but she marked me wrong on a test because of it! I've looked it up in 4 different dictionaries and each one says exactly the contrary. She's ridiculous!

5/12/11

eng1A

Don't take her class. She gives assignments that are confusing. Extremely hard grader. Expects too much from students. Shows favoritism towards athletes. Her teaching style just plain sucks. I've never gotten a bad grade in eng until I took her class. Highly unrecommended.

1/20/11

eng79

She was okay, but you really need to put heart and soul into your writing with this class.

12/10/10

ENG3456

She is not clear on what she wants you to do, and she will make you feel like a fool for asking. Do not take her class.

5/19/10

ENG79A

I have never encountered such a teacher who does not care for the students needs, and does not bother to explain nor teaches. She believes one should come with the knowledge when they reach her class. If you take her you will only be wasting your semester.

5/12/10

Eng1A

Don't take her if you have a heavy load of classes. She goes out of her way to make a easy class hard. Just don't bother for too many reasons to list.

5/12/10

ENG79

She's is very strict. She told half of the class we should go take a reading/writting class to improve . She would put students down. Homework everyday, reading for homework and in class. I passed with a C but absolutely did not like her. RUDE!!!!

5/11/10

Eng1A

She is really not that bad. Yes you do have to read and do work, but this is college- get used to it. There was homework for every class meeting but it didn't take long, if you do it all and the essays you'll have no trouble passing. She requires her students to write comprehensively, so if you're in college and still can't do this, don't take her.

4/1/10

eng79

Quite possibly the worst teacher I've ever had. Made me hate school even more, and she gets a weird sick joy out of making people feel like idiots. taking this class is not smart.

3/24/10

Eng1A

She expects a lot from her students and takes pride in that. Very hard, but I learned a lot from her and passed with an A. This is my 2nd semester taking her because I choose to take teachers you can actually learn from, instead of the easy grade, if you're looking for an easy grade...Do not take her class.

More English professors at San Joaquin Delta College