Tony Serran at Mission College

Tony Serran

Number of ratings 52 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

1/23/13

Eng001a

Worst teacher of my life. This is coming from an English Tutor. We started with forty students; 4 remained.

7/5/12

ENGL1A

His class is so boring and dull. DO NOT take his class during the summer, the work is intense. His grammar ex. is alright, but there are numerous essays. 3 hours in his class is boring af. Only had to take his class because English 1A in the morning was full

7/1/12

ENGL1A

He is by far the worst professor I ever had. He is an extremely tough grader, and he can come off quite rude. He can also come off as superior. He gives plenty of homework, and he urges you to give up your social life in order to pass the class with a decent grade. I have not learned from this man AT ALL. I do not recommend this prof. to anyone.

6/5/12

ENGL1A

I was his former English 1A student and I also feel upset when people kept giving him bad ratings. Please dont expect to earn an easy grade letter for English level if you want to learn something. By the way, Mr. Serran was in my 2012 valedictory speech, and I was proud to have been his student once upon a time...He is the kindest instructor!!!

11/9/11

ENG905

Took his class couple of semesters ago. Saw his rating and made me sad. Yes, he can be hard. But if you want to learn, take his class. He is willing to help you if you are willing to learn and do you work. He's grad isn't easy, but his reason is you must learn from your mistake. If you do that, rest of ENG classes will be easier. Trust me.

11/6/11

ENG905

HE IS A BAD TEACHER I WOULDN'T TELL ANYONE TO TAKE HIM HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE IS SAYING HALF THE TIME HE GRADES HARD. HALF OUR CLASS IS FAILING CUZ WE ARE LOST. HE DOESN'T HELP US AND ALL HE DOES IN OUR MONDAY CLASS IS EAT AND TALKS BOUT HIS LIFE I DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU I WANT TO LEARN.

11/6/11

eng905

HE WAS TEACHING US LIKE IF WE WERE IN ENG 01 WE NEEDED HELP AND HE JUST BRUSHED US OFF HIS NOT TO GOOD WITH 905

2/5/11

Eng905

Last semester I took his class. He is a very carefully and organize teacher. Every homework assignment was clear and helpful to our learning process. He really wants his students to do well in his class. The other low ratings are from people who didn't want to try or work hard in his class.

8/3/10

ENGL905

He worked very hard. He is organized and willing to help, but you should work hard too. You will be hurt feeling because his style of teaching. He is not fair and clear in grading. Not bad if you have no choice to take another class instead.

4/25/10

Engl1A

if you really want to study, take his class. He is a tough teacher, but he is very helpful. He definitely helps you pass the class if you give the best efforts.

1/16/10

NANA

Just looked at the comments of the students. I am convinced that if you like to learn, take on professors like him. You will go a long way and TRULY learn. Take on the challenge to keep and boost your confidence. You are not babies anymore who need lollipops in exchange of being good at English.(I don't even know if I am allowed to comment here!)

10/21/09

Eng1a

This teacher will make you loose you confidence. We had to write a paper on the economic hardship. The day he gives the papers back he goes threw 3 hours of class; he hands back the papers and tells the whole class but 3 that we didn't pass due to plagiarism. I was wtf I sited all my work and didn't get it. Then he proceeds to tell us to just d

8/28/09

ENG503

He is definitely a tough grader!!

eng905

he is hard, if you are going to take him summer. Because you don't have that much time to study. If you are willing to learn and to study hard, take him. although, you really have to study hard. Be active in class. If you cooperate, he'll be proud of you. And it gives you hope to pass his course. For me, he's a good teacher but you will need to stu

Engl108A

He is very hard professor.He never help you to build your self confidence instead he will force you to hate the English class.He will dissect your essay no consideration in all your hard works.He never help you pass the class.I try my best in this class but still gave me a NP grade.I will not recommend him to take his class.You will have a trauma!!

Engli905

He is very hard professor.He don't have any consideration in any of your essay.He will find all your mistakes.He never give you any credit in all your hard works.Instead he malign and loose your self confidence.I will not recommend him to take his class especially for you guys that not a native speaker.You will have a hard time understanding him!!!

8/20/08

ENGL1A

In the beginning of the semester I struggled to understand him. It's not always easy to follow him or his sense of humor. He will dissect your papers and deduct points for any improper grammer, punctuation, etc. However, he does want to help you learn and do well in his class. If you put the effort and "hang in there" it will be worth it.

8/13/08

Engl1a

I have never hated English more than after taking it with this professor. He knows more how to criticize your papers than to really help you understand your mistakes and how to improve them. On my final research paper I have NEVER worked so hard on it in my life as well as my final. If you want to spend ALL your time on his class, go right ahead.

5/23/08

eng108A

I seriously loved english before this guy. He will make you feel like its not worth even trying. He does make you learn alot, but i'd rather learn from a teacher thats not so vicious. i do NOT recomend taking his class unless you want to totally ruin your self-esteem and hate english FOREVER!

12/11/07

engl108a

This teacher knows his English. He is a hard grader, but you will learn so much from him. After taking his class, you will be very more knowledgable in your future English classes. In the words of T.N. Serran, "Words can start wars; words can end wars." We have the same hero--Jose Rizal. Go Filipinos!

More English professors at Mission College