in Pasadena City College that teach History Edit
at Pasadena City College, Pasadena, CA
are you Hugo Schwyzer?

08/25/2013
good
Hist 1A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Going to class was like going to talk with a friend about history. Although he allows for very few questions. There isn't much to be confused about because everything in his class is straight forward.

08/16/2013
good
1b Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

His in class essays are hard but it's a very interesting class. Just make sure you're NEVER LATE, he will have no mercy (if you're a late for a test he won't let you take it)

05/14/2013
good
Hum 3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Hugo isn't nearly as difficult a prof as these comments imply. I got an A very easily:: you will have fascinating lectures and incredible guest speakers and get your mind blown. Hugo is the ideal soul to guide students through sensitive and controversial material while always respecting us. He's as kind as he is articulate and charismatic.

05/14/2013
good
Hist 1B 25B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I worked my YouKnowWhat off for a B from Prof. Schwyzer. My first B ever broke my GPA in his 25B! I got an A in his 1B though. I took two of his classes at same time because Prof Schwyzer because he is such a good lecturer and he makes class so interesting. Kinda hot if you're into older men, but more importantly a great teacher. BUT HARD!!

05/02/2013
good
Hist25B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Schwyzer can be a bit of a prima donna: he's arrogant when challenged and though helpful in office hours, claims to be too busy to meet at any other times. But an amazing lecturer, fair grader and hot professor who clearly does love students and teaching. Do the work, don't ask dumb questions, take good notes, and follow him on twitter or FB.

04/29/2013
good
HUM3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I too took Professor Schwyzer's infamous p0rn class. Enough said. This class was amazing. Interesting subject matter + awesome guest speakers + excellent lectures = perfect class. He has at least 25 years on me but I STILL think he's super hot!

04/19/2013
good
Humanities 3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The infamous class... great guest speakers, amazing lectures, so much to learn. The workload isn't as intense as in his other classes. Schwyzer is an absolute must-take... a hot silver fox who will teach you to think differently about controversial topics.

04/17/2013
good
HIST 1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

First day of class, I was intimidated. But over time I've come to really appreciate his personality. He's clear, he makes lecture entertaining and interesting, and learning in his class is easy. Book is required, since he purposely tests on subjects not covered in lecture. Great professor.

04/08/2013
good
HIST1A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

So far the best teacher I've had at PCC. I used to hate History until I took his class. I'm honestly shocked at how much Ive learned. Pretty easy A if you attend classes and take notes. Definitely recommended!

02/13/2013
good
Hist1A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This is a fun and interesting class and you won't ever be bored. Schwyzer is funny and approachable and definitely not that hard if you pay attention. Cool prof.

10/17/2012
good
Hum3 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I'm amazed people think he's so hard. If you do the reading and show up, Hugo's a pretty easy A. The key is taking great notes. Doesn't test on book as much as threatens too. Hugo is still sexy and he knows it too, confident and charming and just a bit cocky. Great lectures. You shouldn't leave PCC without a class from this aging legend

09/06/2012
good

He always lets us go a little early and it sounds impossible but I wish Hugo kept us the full time. I love his lectures. He's funny and passionate and really hot.

08/13/2012
good
Hist1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the best PCC has. It's all old-school lecture, but it's expertly delivered. Only two exams and two quizzes based on lecture and text. You won't ever fall asleep!

08/10/2012
good
Hist25b Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Hugo is great as most has said. This class is different fr his euro civ classes. You do a lot more reading and writing. 2 massive essay assignments but they are insightful and rewarding. Not a class for slackers but for those interesting in something more than the generic college experience. A lot of work but rewarding.

07/05/2012
good
Hist1A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He was one of the greatest professor I ever take. He was clear, fun and really knowledgeable! But... His test was really hard! U get only 2 multiple choice test and 2 essay test. If you fail one test, it's almost impossible to get A.

06/10/2012
good
HIST1 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Schwzyer is a great lecturer, but be warned this class doesn't go to 1715. HS emphasized cultural history over military affairs, which I thought was quite disappointing. Tests are few and fair, but do require you to write well. HS graded students against each other, which is fairer than it sounds. No videos or other technology use. It is all lecture and discussion. He says you need textbook but that's only if you want an A. You can pass without it.

05/22/2012
good

If you get a chance to take his Navigating P*rnography class (he's teaching it again in 2013) you must! Hugo doesn't tell you what to think but helps you find yourself. Lectures and discussions handle even touchy subjects like sexuality with comfort and clarity. Stickler for attendance and grammar but grades fair. great guest speakers too!

04/11/2012
good
histc335 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Best teacher I have ever had! His was the only class I ever actually wanted to attend. If you are willing to put in the work you will get a good grade. He should be at a University.

02/16/2012
good
Hist1B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Getting ready for my 3 rd Schwyzer class. He's a great teacher, fair and captivating. His lectures are riveting and he is almost always willing to explain difficult points. Two quizzes, a midterm and a final. Grades on a curve so you compete against your classmates rather than against an objective standard. An A is definitely obtainable.

01/08/2012
good
Hist25B Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

A fascinating class, women's history with Schwyzer is a lot of reading, writing, and class discussion. Final is cumulative. It's a life-changing course but it is a huge time investment. He's way too old to be hot, but a kind, funny, passionate professor who won't let you fall asleep. Take notes on post-its (thank me later)!