in Washington University in St. Louis that teach Theater Edit
at Washington University in St. Louis, St. Louis, MO
are you Henry Schvey?
B

11/05/2014
What is art Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: B

I was excited for this class, but Schvey left me disappointed. He's interested in what he teaches, but his lectures tend to drag on and are usually boring. I found myself nodding off most classes. No one ever really wanted to participate when he asked question, because no one really cared.

07/13/2014
Freshman Semina Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: B

He's a knowledgable man, but his style of teaching can be incredibly boring. He wanted class participation, but was bad at motivating his students. I left feeling the class was a waste of time. Pretty easy class though, but he's tough on essays.

12/20/2012
good
drama228c Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Henry is an AWESOMe professor. Very helpful, very easy. Many people got away with not reading many of the plays. You get what you put in. He grades essays hard, but your participation and his EASY exams make up for it if you don't do very well. Take this class if you have any interest in theater. Very discussion based but also a fun place to learn!

01/09/2012
good
DramaL15 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Schvey is the man. His freshman seminar class was great and very interesting. He genuinely cares about his students. I would highly recommend any class with him.

11/10/2011
good
DramaL15 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

i took schvey's freshman seminar and he was great at leading discussions and is extremely knowledgeable and a great mentor. he connects with his students very well and is passionate about teaching and learning from his students as well.

08/07/2009
AMCS000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Seems like a nice guy, but things are not always what they seem. . .

09/14/2005
good
FOCUS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the nicest men I have ever met. So helpful and knowledgeable and kind and everything good. Can't wait to work with him in the years to come.

08/06/2005
good
T. Williams Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Henry was so supportive and knowledgable about the subject matter. He took specific notice of each student's talent and supported all our ventures in and out of the classroom. I actually enjoyed reading and writing papers for this class!

05/07/2005
good
American Family Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Henry's a great guy. Very smart and helpful, and almost everyone I know loves the guy.

01/09/2005
good
Madness in Thea Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

At first, I thought Dr. Schvey could have given us a little more direction or structure, but in the end I was able to make my own conclusions. Dr. Schvey is great! He is very helpful, compassionate, and knowledgable!

01/08/2005
good
TCS I Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Henry obviously knows his stuff, but is interested in the students discovering things on their own. The class was easy and you can even get by fine without reading all the plays, although I would at least be familiar with them. He cares more about his students than any other professor I've had

01/01/2005
good
Amer. Dream Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This man is fabulous in every sense - He is kind, caring, a fabulous teacher! I cannot say enough good things about this man except if you haven't had him, you're definitely missing something.

12/29/2004
good

He's a great guy. So caring and helpful. Though the class dragged a little at times, I learned a lot and loved getting the chance to know Dr. Schvey.

12/28/2004
good
TCS Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

he was very nice but the discussions were not all interesting. he is not such a bad grader. however, the final is a little hard because it includes everything!

12/21/2004
good
TCS I Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Schvey is such a great man, and brings intelligence to all class discussions!

12/20/2004
TCS I Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

It was an okay class. The discussions were not that in depth and very informal however he expected the papers to be very detailed and formal. He was a very hard grader but a nice man.

12/18/2004
THE Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A