Alicia McCullough at Gaston College

Alicia McCullough

Number of ratings 31 / Average Grade:  A Submit a correction

4/1/14

English 112

If you are not prepared to work I would not recommend this teacher. She is very strict about the work but that I feel is a great thing. She offers help for any questions that you have all you have to do is ask. I don't care what anyone else says she is a great teacher!

3/6/14

Eng131

Hard class, expect lots of work, EXPECT a LOT OF WRITING, teacher is very helpful, class with her is hard over all.

2/19/14

Eng 112

Very strict, very rude. You talk more about African American history than English

11/22/13

ENG 131

Mrs. McCullough is a wonderful professor. She tries very hard to make sure her students understand what she's teaching. She pushes them to succeed and will thoroughly explain why something in their paper or assignment was wrong. She is very understanding about people having to deal with everyday life issues and tries her best to work with you.

11/11/13

ENG 112 ENG 113

She is very tough but if one shows her that he or she is persistent and dedicated then she will do everything she can in order to help. She wants to see her students succeed and go on to universities to impress the professors with his or her writing and grammar skills. I recommend her to everyone. She is my favorite professor at Gaston.

8/10/13

Eng 111

Ms. McCullough don't play! She is an expert in her field and is highly educated. If you want to learn and apply yourself daily take this class. If you're a slacker save your money and your time she could double as a Master Drill Sergent. I PRAYED for a C and I love English. Seriously though shes caring but she shows tough love. She's always dressed

3/15/13

eng 111

This teacher walks into the room with her nose in the air. Talks down to students and continuously acts like she is better than them. She talks down to everyone as if she thinks she has a higher level of intelligence. Once she made a mistake on a test and stated "we should have changed the question to make the answer right"....Horrible teacher

7/24/12

Intro115

Teacher is unnecessarily hard for this to be a elective course. She will rip your test and papers apart no matter how hard you try. This is a college course but she expects you to know how to write like a professional and has seem to forgotten she is the teacher. Would not recommend her to anyone

5/31/12

ENG111

This instructor can come off strict. But.. she is tough because she wants you to succeed. She offers extra credit and second chances on papers. At a college level those chances shouldn't be given. She even offers to sit down with you if you are having problems with anything. I had something happen with medical problems, and she is wonderful!!!

12/14/11

ENG112

A VERY tough teacher that made the subject unnecessarily difficult. I wouldn't ever recommend her to anybody. EVER.

8/16/11

Eng131

She is a VERY hard teacher for test taking and papers. I have written many papers that were really good, even won awards, but I was making C's on her papers. She is very intelligent and was interesting in class, but she was really tough on papers and exams. However, at the end of the class, she let us do extra credit which was about 50 pts.

4/19/11

Eng111

I will say that I'm a writer at heart and an aspiring author. She taught us on a university level. No easy "A" indeed but she challenged my mind and I am forever grateful for to have been a part of my life. So if you want real deal Holifield take her class!

1/25/11

Eng111

This professor is very hard/strict, and has high expectations of her students. So if you are looking for an easy A DO NOT take this class with her. She seems like a very educated woman, but to be honest I didn't find her the most helpful or friendly teacher and would not recommend her to anyone, personally. She expects way to much from you and g

11/9/10

ENG111

This is possibly the worst teacher at GASTON COLLEGE! I highly doubt anyone has made an A in this class!! You have a paper due every two weeks about! Thats a lot of a papers!! DO NOT TAKE HER!! unless you would like to fail :)

9/29/10

eng101

I doubt it's possible this woman ever gave anyone an 'A'. Ever since graduating her class, I've assisted numerous friends, both native English speakers and non-native speakers with their composition assignments, and never received anything less than my highest grade with her. I feel she's tough, and just this side of fair.

8/12/10

LIT131

She is an excellent teacher! Extremely smart and knows her English/Literature! Yes, she is strict, but if you simply pay attention and don't act stupid, you will be fine. She has a great sense of humor and class can be very fun!

4/25/10

eng131

she gives out verbal assignments but doesn't fully explain them. she is also very hateful.

2/2/10

ENG131

Currently, I am taking her ENG 131 class and it already seems rough. She is VERY detailed orientated and expectations are high. If you want a challenge, take her class. You WILL learn, but there is a substantial amount of work. During the beginning of class, expect to take a pop quiz on the material you were supposed to read due before.

12/16/09

eng111

Not to good

12/16/09

Eng112

I would not recommend her to anyone. She does not teach, she preaches. If your opinion differs from her's, do NOT voice it. I made that mistake. She waved her hand, cut me off, and dismissed class. During my time with her, more than one person filed a formal complaint against her. Again, I would not recommend her to anyone!

More English professors at Gaston College