in Tarrant County College (all) that teach Biology Edit
Professor in the Biology department
at Tarrant County College (all), Fort Worth, TX
are you Nikki Goines?

07/02/2014
BIOL2420-40718 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I had her for lab and lecture. I didn't need a book for lecture but we used the lab book everyday(buy it don't rent)she was funny and super helpful. if you study and come to class theirs no way you'll fail.

05/06/2014
good
BIOL-2420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Extremely easy teacher. She posted all of her notes after the first exam. Curved some tests. Test comes straight from powerpoint. One group presentation (micro). Also had her for lab, easy! Ask Q's for lab to know your Unknown, study for second practical.

12/09/2013
Bio1301 LEC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I dont think i had hw all year except in lab, and she gave us a take home exam so that was cool. The only thing i didnt like was that i felt like she put stuff on the test that we never even looked at. I even confirmed it with other classmates that had perfect attendance. Aside from that, she's pretty chill.

11/16/2013
good
BIOL 2420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

AMAZING! Very caring and LOVES to teach! If u dont understand, she will take time in her office til u get it! She is best professor I have ever had! Teaching is her calling and you can totally see it. Take her lecture & lab together. Shes very caring & helpful. She pays attention to her students and listens to their needs to be successful.Take her!

05/08/2013
good
BIO 1409 LEC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher i like that she uses videos for visual learners like myself. Very helpful and easy to talk to.If you attend class everyday then you should not have a problem with this instructor shes great!! We did have a group presentation project was not to fond of but prof. Goines was there by my side the whole way when issues arrived. great :)

12/26/2012
good
MICRO2420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Had her for bio in 2010, decided to take her for micro bc I know she doesn't require book. If you study the notes from ppts you'll pass, plain & simple. Gives curves for her mistakes on tests...don't take for lab. We had 37 lab reports, a lot of work for a lab, and had to keep up with a list of bact we used each lab, it was annoying!

11/19/2012
Bio1408 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Her test are so hard for no reason. I have to retake biology cause she isn't good at explaining things. I dont like her at all.

11/15/2012
Bio1408 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

DO NOT TAKE. Yes she seems nice but she picks and chooses her favorite class. She gave my class 100 question tests every test and gave the same exact class after ours a take home test. She gives extra credit and after you do the tests she sometimes decides not to use it after we already did it and turned it in. Only take her if you have to.

11/15/2012

She does not post any notes online and her lecture is her reading off a power point that she expects you to write down as she reads them. Her test are hard when they shouldn't be because she twists the questions to confuse you. When our class asked her why she does it she said "this is college and you should know your name in Spanish and English"?

good
BIOL2420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is very helpful in lab and in lecture and really nice. Test are directly from the notes so you only fail if you dont study- you have to earn your grade. she made the class interesting and I very much enjoyed having her as a teacher!