Maureen Keane at Lewis University

Maureen Keane

Number of ratings 14 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

5/16/13

Intro to Comm.

Professor Keane was the greatest professor I have had at Lewis! My Communications class was so fun, and everyone in the class felt like family! Professor Keane made sure we were all comfortable with each other. I never felt like I was going to class. Intro to Comm. with Keane is the best. Take her!

3/16/13

LB-300 BCIDA

Course: Business Communication in the Digital Age. Professor assigns a lot of work to be completed and most of it is group work. Must attend class and participate. Not a difficult course but she definitely keeps you on your toes. Had to give a presentation each class . Mid-term and final were open book and graded with a curve.

8/2/11

Ldrsp500

Dr. Keane was amazing! She taught us at the graduate level it was meant to be taught. She did not spoon feed us, she empowered us. Her conversational style was refreshing to adult learners!

4/20/10

comm100

I did not like the course. She was a difficult grader, and she did not take well to students who opposed her views. She left for three weeks in the middle of the semester to go to Japan for another job, and I found that extremely unprofessional. If you make a committment to teach, then you should follow through.

12/14/09

BPspk100

this was by far one of the worst classes i have ever taken. we never used the book but were expected to know it, had several assignments but never knew when they were due, she was un-organized and had to cram in everything right at the end of the semester, and overall she is mean. she talks down to everyone and thinks she is so much better than you

12/8/09

comm101

I am a male and felt that she really didnt like us guys. She often times called you out in front of the class and had a very cold attitude towards other peoples feelings. I think she is a good speaker, bad teacher.

10/15/08

communica

She is difficult to understand. She assigned all this homework, said it was due a certain day, and never collected it. She says communication is key- but she has problems communicating herself. I know most of the kids in her class don't understand completley what she is saying..or even what is going on. Good public speaker, not good @ teaching it.

10/7/08

CommIntr

im taking the class right now and to say the least im starting to see the sexism towards men. she also knows how to competently cut you down in front of the class. she doesnt care whether you are offended but god forbid you say something offensive.

5/10/08

introcomm

Horrible teacher She was always talking about being a competent communicator, she was not one. The assignments were unclear Hardly anyone knew what was going on. She said that nonverbal communication is 93% of the message well she should watch her nonverbal communication. Everyone could tell she did not like anyone in the class. hard grader.

11/14/05

B/P Speaking

Dr. Keane is thee most unpleasant teacher. In her eyes your worthless unless you worked at a Fortune 500 Co. Her best work is being disrespectful, while her "teaching" attitude to class is in the garbage. If you want to take her wrath to get the grade, she's your girl. If you asked me I would rather watch paint dry.

9/26/05

intro human com

I don't think she was bias towards men. I an female and had to work very hard to get my a. She is really picky, but I learned a lot

9/25/05

Communicat-ions

9/11/05

Communicat-ion

Well, I am a woman and I will still say... she's an idiot. She used to work at all these big companies like Motorola and stuff like that... she should have stayed there. I dont know why she is a teacher. I dont really feel she's that knowledgable on the topics she lectures. Definatley biased toward men. Sorry boys.

6/1/05

Human Com.

This was a gen ed and I was never really found of public speaking. What made it worse was this teacher had a very apparent bias towards men. The women in class almost always got higher grades unless you were the one or two teacher pets. Good luck men. Women, take her. I still got an A but had to work pretty hard for it.

More Communication professors at Lewis University