Waud Kracke at University of Illinois at Chicago

Number of ratings 12 / Average Grade:  A+ Submit a correction

12/14/13

ANTH 441

Grade ReceivedA+

At first I did not know what this class would be about. A lot of stories are read in this course, which is mainly Freud's work. The dream portion of this class really interested me. We had to only write a final paper and participate in the discussion in this class. Very nice and sweet professor and his wife.

11/8/12

ANTH275

I took this class because I needed to fulfill a requirement. Do NOT take this class because honestly it's a waste of time! He is a very sweet old man but it was torture sitting in class every week. You don't need to buy the books because I didn't use them at all. You don't need to read either cause he doesn't talk about it. Two Papers, easy A.

6/14/11

ANTH278

I took this class just for a Gen-Ed, and I would not recommend taking a class with him unless you're an ANTH major. This class was close to useless for me, except for the fact that I got an A to help my GPA. He's such a sweet old man, but I always felt so bad because everyone always looked like they didn't want to be there!

5/3/11

ANTH278

He knows a lot but gets side tracked often. You have to go to class for attendance grades and do the reading because it's just too sad when he realizes that nobody's done the reading. The best thing to do is to engage him with questions. And please don't be rude to him. He's not senile and he's not an idiot. He knows when people are laughing at him

12/8/09

ANTH278

I feel bad hating him so much bc he's so old, but god is he useless. I hardly took any notes all semester; his lectures had no logical train of thought. 2 papers on movies that you finish on Fri, discuss on Mon, and is due that Wed. Final paper. Syllabus gives no hints. Avoid if you want to learn anything, but he's a pretty easy grader.

12/7/09

anth470

He is a brilliant man but somewhat past his prime and perhaps getting a bit senile. He knows so much about what he teaches, but loses his train of thought easily and class moves slowly as he tries to get to his point. Still, you can learn a lot from him if you remain engaged in class..and write good papers, which is most of what grades are based on

1/31/07

Anth278

I really enjoyed this professor, although I can see why some may not. He is extremely smart and knows the topic. However, some of his lectures could get painfully boring. Advice: Go to class for attendance grade, have a basic understanding of readings for topics, and write good papers.

11/16/06

ANTH500

He is the quintessential absent minded professor! He would wear the same suitcoat all week! He is intelligent and likes to discuss. I enjoyed his classes even though they were sometimes slow moving. I took several classes from him and when I asked him for a recommendation for grad school, he said he didn't know enough about my work to write one!

4/17/06

Asst 280

Amazingly someone always seems to stay awake in class when he talks super slow and sometimes go off topic. Always unprepare and slow to get to the point. 3 papers. Write like an 8th grader and you will get A. Anything higher, he will not get you.

10/6/05

Amazing. Nobody cares about this anymore, but it is significant. most people don't get "it".

9/1/05

Anth 441

Intelligent but old man. He concentrated too much on the Interpretation of Dreams and we didnt get to cover other topics much. Dont buy all the books cuz you may not need them. One final paper.

9/1/05