in University of Florida that teach Criminal Justice Edit
Lonn Lanza-Kaduce
Professor in the Criminal Justice department
at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
are you Lonn Lanza-Kaduce?

07/28/2014
CJL 2000 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I'm taking this class right now, and it's by far the hardest class, especially for a 2000 class at UF. Don't get me wrong, even with studying and watching the lectures, the class is pretty difficult because of the way he grades his assignments and the way he makes his exams.

06/30/2014
good
CCJ 3024 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took this class summer A and it was very straightforward. If you read the chapters (they take a while) and watch the lectures while taking good notes, an A is easy to attain. Also, take your time on the papers he assigns, they are quite easy if you follow the guidelines. And of course, do the extra credit. HIGHLY RECOMMEND TAKING ONLINE (easier)

04/06/2014
ccj 2000 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Aviod at all cost. Nice guy, test are absolutely ridiculous!

11/29/2012
good
CJL2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He was great! Don't get me wrong, the exams are hard. But if you take your assignments seriously, study for exams & go to class everyday you should definitely get a B. He was funny but stayed on topic and made the material so much easier to understand. I completely recommend this class if you are willing to put in effort. He is very knowledgeable.

01/13/2012
CJL2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

the class is very difficult because the tests are extremely hard. I went to class and read the book and made my own study guides and yet the tests were very confusing and i did not do well in the class. he cannot stay on topic and it is very boring

01/11/2012
good
CJL2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took him for CJL2000 and even though the tests were kinda hard- if you go to class every day you'll be able to get a B. He's extremely helpful outside of class!

03/31/2010
good
CCJ2000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He was a great teacher, but with a double period the class can run pretty long and boring. Nevertheless, if you stay awake in class and read the materials, you should be able to score well on the tests as they are only multiple choice. Note: He doesn't allow laptop use which can be annoying.

12/14/2009
good

This class is a bit difficult just because you can't take notes on your laptop. Otherwise, he is an extremely entertaining and helpful teacher. He knows his stuff and his lectures can be pretty great. His class can get boring, but I think that is just because the material itself can be boring. Study your notes for his tests and you will do fine.

11/12/2009

He rarely discusses topics that are relevant to what he tests you on, but if you read the book it's not so bad. He doesn't allow laptops in his class!!! So you have to write down your notes on paper. He gets kinda monotone and boring.

05/02/2007
good
CJL4410 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He's very educated and very helpful but he talks pretty fast and theres a lot of notetaking...good teacher to prepare you for law school

04/26/2007
good
CCJ3024 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Go to class with a laptop, because he talks very fast and gets very passionate about the subject. You'll need to type it all. It is obvious he knows his stuff and is great with questions. The book is also extremely helpful. The class took work, but I learned a ton of stuff that I use each and every day, and he tought it pretty well. Recommended

04/23/2007
good
CJL2903 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Probably the hardest class, I have ever taken. If you are not prelaw do not take it!! For the national Championship game, which we had two of them, he left early, while we had to be taught by the TA!!

01/04/2007
good

I left this class with mixed feelings. I LOVED the class at the start of the semester, but as the class progressed, I began to hate it more and more. Lanza-Kaduce is a really good teacher, but the topic matter was just a bore, in my opinion. And I did NOT like the TA's.

11/12/2006
good

This class is hard because the tests don't just come from his lectures or from the book...you really have to think about the stuff! Its like being in a first year law class, so its good for that experience but not good if you just want an intro class for criminology.

07/10/2006
CCJ 3038 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took Law & Society as my first crim class and would NOT reccomend this! You should really take another class before this to have a better background in the subject because prior knowledge is reallyyyy helpful!

04/11/2006
good
SOC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Excellent professor! Loves to teach and is very helpful!!!

12/20/2005
good
CCJ3038 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

tough

10/14/2005
good
crim law Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

His classes are difficult...you HAVE to study. I do recommend taking at least one of his courses, you will learn alot. He is great prep for law school. Don't be afraid to ask him for extra help, that makes it easier.

09/08/2005
good
CJL 4410 Procee Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very challenging class. You HAVE to study. I would recommend taking this class with him if you really want to learn the 1st through 14th ammendments! He knows his stuff. Good prep for law classes. Also has real world applications. Grades come hard.

01/27/2005
good
law and society Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Lonn is very sweet and he has the best intentions. he is just soooo smart that he is not able to dumb things down for the rest of us. i guarantee you will never have trouble passing his class.