in Brigham Young University that teach English Edit
Elizabeth Wahlquist
at Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
are you Elizabeth Wahlquist?

12/29/2008
good
ENG150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I thought she was a wonderful teacher. Even though she had no syllabus, she was _extremely_ lenient with deadlines, and also allowed you to turn in your assignments multiple times in order to improve your grade. she knows what she's talking about but has gotten older and more world-weary. Dry sense of humor. I liked her alot.

11/02/2008
ENG420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She's very hands-off and disorganized. Syllabus not available on first day of class. Bought $120 textbook for NOTHING. Liked learning from other students, however. She's obviously old and burned out, but she knows her stuff. Don't be too hard on her-- BYU can't fire her anyway. She's been there too long.

01/03/2008
good
ENG420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I loved her class and I think she was a wonderful teacher. I learned so MUCH!

12/03/2007
ENG336 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

teaches in the most non-effective way possible.

11/09/2007
ENGL359 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Although her class may not have been the most beneficial course in the world, I have never experienced or witnessed any of the cruel, mean behavior that students have commented on. She is a thoughtful,nice, and perhaps out-of-date teacher. Enjoyable class and easy A.

08/30/2007
Engl115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Please keep yourself away from any of her classes. She was the rudest person I've talked to in my life. She is totally pointless while teaching. She would never help you in class (or outside). She is horrible as a teacher, the worst teacher I've had in my life. I could write a whole essay about how bad she is... dont take classes from her!

08/23/2007
Eng420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Like everyone else has said, Wahlquist is one of the worst teachers at BYU. It is an absolute shame that she represents English Teaching and is training future teachers. I want BYU to give me back the money I paid for the two classes I had to take from her. Any learning that occured in her class came from individual reading or group work.

04/13/2007
engl420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

By far the worst professor I have ever had! I went to talk to her about my grade. I realized I hadn't met some deadlines to recieve an 'A', but when I asked about an A- she said that to her there isn't any difference between an A and an A-. So apparently she hasn't looked at the GPA calculations since 1709. She so needs to retire!

02/11/2007
good
eng420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved Dr. Wahlquist. She was very scatterbrained but she means well. I am sure she was a wonderful teacher when she started at the Y and kudos to her for still teaching at her age. She may be mean but you really have to get on her bad side first. If you're good to her she's good to you.

01/02/2007
Eng420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Adolescent lit is a great class! However, Wahlquist is terrible. The only thing you learn from her is how not to teach a class and what type of teacher not to be. She is terrible and does everything wrong as an instructor. Furthermore, her lectures have no point, she's really boring and she is always frowning

12/29/2006
ENgl115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Bad teacher, nasty, moody, and highly critical of her students in class. She shot down all of my papers and made me hate writting. She wrote nasty comments on the margins of my papers, like "I wonder how you got accepted to BYU". Avoid at all cost!!!

12/13/2006
ENGL420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I just got chewed out for being late in front of the entire class. As other people have written, she can be pretty nasty. She needs to retire. You could take it if you're looking for an easy class, as I was, but you'll just end up leaving frustrated and angry and wondering why you read Dr. Seuss books all day long. Buying the textbooks is a waste.

12/03/2006
good
engl150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Easiest professor I've had, almost easier then high school. So boring but so easy. You won't learn much but if you're looking for an easy grade this is the one.

10/17/2006
Eng420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

You'll be tempted to skip class everyday. Read 30 young adult books and type one page reports about them. Also other random papers. Class time is easy but at the same time pointless. It hasn't been a headache for me though...so I'd still recommend it.

10/11/2005
Childrens' Lit. Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The worst professor I've EVER had! Not only did she point out her students' faults and belittle them in class, she was not intellectual, not kind, and not what I would call a "real" teacher. I saw her one day at Albertson's...she knew who I was b/c I was in her class, and she snubbed me. Her class made me fall asleep...or maybe SHE did. Boo.

08/04/2005
engl 420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

A frowny face is not enough to describe how absolutely horrible she is. Imagine the worst possible teaching strategies and Wahlquist uses them all..repeatedly. I hope she reads this and realizes how little she helps her students and how much of their education she wasted. The books are expensive and she never utililzes them effectively in class.

06/24/2005
Eng 356 & 420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I have never had the desire to leave class so many times. There was great material that was so under utilized. She talks at the walls, embraces unnecessary content while ignoring key details, and is hardly a good model of what future teachers and educated English majors should be. She is, however, an easy grader IF she likes you.

06/16/2005
ENG 423 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I felt like most of our assignments had absolutely no point. I hoped that in an Education class my teacher would have been a better model of good teaching. I learned a lot from our reading assignments, but hardly anything from what we did in class.

02/06/2005
English 420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This is a very rigorous class. For the amount of work required, students should be awarded at least 10 units. I read more than 30 books for this class and wrote 14 three page assignments, research project, plus final. Altogether, this class was more work than my senior thesis.

01/10/2005
good
American Lit Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

It has been awhile since W. was a student herself. She has studied with the likes of Faulkner & is a rich source of knowledge & experience. If you want to learn from an expert in Amer Lit, take her class. Although I did not receive an A+, I learned more from her than most my Eng profs.