in Brigham Young University that teach English Edit
Elizabeth Wahlquist
at Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
are you Elizabeth Wahlquist?

12/29/2008
good
ENG150 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I thought she was a wonderful teacher. Even though she had no syllabus, she was _extremely_ lenient with deadlines, and also allowed you to turn in your assignments multiple times in order to improve your grade. she knows what she's talking about but has gotten older and more world-weary. Dry sense of humor. I liked her alot.

11/02/2008
ENG420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

She's very hands-off and disorganized. Syllabus not available on first day of class. Bought $120 textbook for NOTHING. Liked learning from other students, however. She's obviously old and burned out, but she knows her stuff. Don't be too hard on her-- BYU can't fire her anyway. She's been there too long.

01/03/2008
good
ENG420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I loved her class and I think she was a wonderful teacher. I learned so MUCH!

12/03/2007
ENG336 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

teaches in the most non-effective way possible.

11/09/2007
ENGL359 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Although her class may not have been the most beneficial course in the world, I have never experienced or witnessed any of the cruel, mean behavior that students have commented on. She is a thoughtful,nice, and perhaps out-of-date teacher. Enjoyable class and easy A.

08/30/2007
Engl115 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Please keep yourself away from any of her classes. She was the rudest person I've talked to in my life. She is totally pointless while teaching. She would never help you in class (or outside). She is horrible as a teacher, the worst teacher I've had in my life. I could write a whole essay about how bad she is... dont take classes from her!

08/23/2007
Eng420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Like everyone else has said, Wahlquist is one of the worst teachers at BYU. It is an absolute shame that she represents English Teaching and is training future teachers. I want BYU to give me back the money I paid for the two classes I had to take from her. Any learning that occured in her class came from individual reading or group work.

04/13/2007
engl420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

By far the worst professor I have ever had! I went to talk to her about my grade. I realized I hadn't met some deadlines to recieve an 'A', but when I asked about an A- she said that to her there isn't any difference between an A and an A-. So apparently she hasn't looked at the GPA calculations since 1709. She so needs to retire!

02/11/2007
good
eng420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I loved Dr. Wahlquist. She was very scatterbrained but she means well. I am sure she was a wonderful teacher when she started at the Y and kudos to her for still teaching at her age. She may be mean but you really have to get on her bad side first. If you're good to her she's good to you.

01/02/2007
Eng420 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Adolescent lit is a great class! However, Wahlquist is terrible. The only thing you learn from her is how not to teach a class and what type of teacher not to be. She is terrible and does everything wrong as an instructor. Furthermore, her lectures have no point, she's really boring and she is always frowning