in College of Central Florida that teach Health Science Edit
Debra Dr. Burton
Professor in the Health Science department
at College of Central Florida, Ocala, FL
are you Debra Dr. Burton?

05/10/2014
good
HLP1081 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: A

Dr. Burton was terrific. I wish more classes at CF were ran like hers. She has very strict guidelines but as long as you're polite and curtious, she will overlook everything. Wonderful women who is willing to work with you. I suggest showing up to class ontime. Thats a WHOLE letter grade. Good luck!

12/22/2013
good
HLP1081 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Offers 50 pts extra credit for attending every class, 200 pts for participation, 50 EC pts on the final, 10 EC pts chapter 10 test, 10 EC point on the final fitness test. Her class wasn't meant to be failed. The only ones who failed were those who didnt listen on the gordon rule and didnt attend class.

12/14/2013
good
hlp1081 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Easy class. I suggest going to the English tutors in bldg. 3 before turning in your Gordon rule assmt. Show up to each class and read each chapter before taking her quizes, MUST! Aside from that she is very fair in the fact that her final test is purely extra credit. Her class is fail proof. I recommend her to everyone in need of health class.

12/10/2013
good
HPL1081 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I learned a lot more in this class than other classes this semester. Tough teacher, but very manageable. She offers plenty EC. I went from 70% up until the very last day of class when she implemented EC. Now, I have a 95%. Show up to every class and get 50 points EC. Highly recommended.

12/09/2013
good
HLP1081 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Read chapters 2x, read power points, practice tests most often not same as tests. not an easy class as one may think for PE. Dont take with a heavy college load. Cant say much on instructor as it was online class. just beware and STUDY. All tests are times to about 1 minute a question and each test has 10-20 questions/ final 50 ?'s.

12/07/2013
good
hlp1081 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Good class to take with a good teacher. Dr. Burton is strict because you will learn. Whether or not your willing.

12/07/2013
good

Great teacher! she overall is very nice and is willing to help you pass. This is a gordon rule class w/ a prereq. So, theres a small level of difficulty. I would have received and A if i were to have read the assessments more carefully. All-in-all, most important class you'll take all college because it focuses on your, the student's, health.

10/15/2013
HLP1081 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

If you can avoid her, do so! She is very self-centered and doesn't seem to care for others. I received a 28 on my GR Project, I have never received a grade that low on a paper ever. She really shouldn't be teaching this class. Find a different professor.

06/01/2013
HLP1081 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Burton is a sweet woman. Although, she takes everything to the extreme. The Gordon Rule paper is graded WAY too difficult for a PE class. She believes she is a medical doctor and can diagnose you with a disease after learning few symptoms. Her quizzes can make or break your grade. Fair warning! I would not recommend her for this course.

11/28/2012
good

Her quizzes were kind of tough..but as long as you keep up with the work, you should be okay. I proofread my essay 2x b4 i brought it to her to just make sure it was acceptable. She did so many corrections on it..she said she would've given me a D!--which is a fail for the class. I would've taken another prof if i knew. :/

08/08/2012
welln04 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I got A for the fitness test, the tests and homework. She gave me a D for the Gordon Rule paper, stating to my face "All the students that have English as a second language fail my class". I froze I could not believe she said that to me.she's an absolute Gordon Rule project military.I retook it with another professor got A. She is unfair

02/24/2012
HLP1081 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I took line and had to go to the college for fitness exams. Dr Burton and her essay..I think she wants you to fail because you do EVERYTHING she asks and she still finds a million things wrong with your essay. I did get an A but it was work! Tests are ok and quizzes dont count in your grade but help you for the tests. DO the extra credit it helps.

01/12/2012
good

I took this class online and had to go to the physical fitness exams on campus. I got A's on all of her quizzes and excelled in the fitness area. She gave me a B on her Gordon Rule for absolutely no reason and gave me my first B+ ever. Funny how I get an A in Chemistry and Calculus in the same semester... Way too picky of a teacher for P.E.!

11/28/2011
FIT2300 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

If you have a brain you should disregard any nice comments about this teacher. I get A's and B's and almost failed her course because I missed 2 class periods and was late to another one. She's ridiculous. Her Gordon Rule project is set up like an upper level English class's would be. I. Hate. Her. IT'S P.E., NOT UPPERGRAD ENGLISH!

11/18/2011
good
HLP1081 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I took 2 different class with her and got A's in both classes . All she asks is do your work and attend class. She is not easy but she will give you the grade you deserve.

07/04/2011
HLP1081 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

What has been said is absolutely true. She's not bad, but she's an absolute Gordon Rule project Nazi. I got A's on everything in the class, but her GR project rubric was incomplete, therefore she marked me for stuff that wasn't even mentioned. As was said before, I wouldn't recommend this class to my worst enemy either.

05/18/2011
hlp70 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Please whatever you do, don't take this instructor!!!!! I make A's and B's and I have never ever failed a class. I have been in school for the past 4 yrs and never failed!!! Don't recommond taking her, and wouldn't ever again!

05/05/2011
HLP1081 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Never before have I received such a pathetic grade on a project. It's gym, not English and even then, I receive A's in English. I will not retake this class with this professor. Her accrediditations do not allow her to provide you any leeway.

05/04/2011
HLP1088 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

This class is laughable. Southpark should create a character based on Dr. Burton. She has multiple PhD's so she teaches P.E. class like it's Harvard Law. DO NOT TAKE THIS CLASS! Nothing like sitting down with a box of donuts and grading Wellness essays for fun. Some people have lives and don't have time to be professional students..

05/04/2011
HLP1081 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Class seems easy at first, and it is as long as you show up and participate. But for the Gordon Rule project, you better be on your knees praying for a good grade. She grades the Gordon Rule project like an English teacher, which is pretty ridiculous for a wellness class. I do not recommend this class, not even to people I hate.