Theodore Tachim at Florida International University

Theodore Tachim

Number of ratings 34 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/20/13

MAC 2313

Not the worst professor ever, but very far from the best. While I'm sure he knows his math well, he has such a poor command of the English language that it becomes tedious to try to 1. Understand what he's trying to say and 2. The math he's trying to convey. If you do get stuck with this guy, be prepared to do most of your learning out of class.

10/13/13

mac2311

If you took pre-calculus in eleventh grade and took statistics in 12th, DO NOT TAKE THIS CLASS for freshman year! Take something easier to refresh your mind on pre-calculus and trigonometry to get you ready for Calculus. I made the mistake of taking this class and i'm currently failing. I need outside help and tutoring with this.

3/14/12

mac2312

Professor Tachim is a vary nice person, he is very willing to help students who come to him, although he isn't always very easy to understand. He has a thick accent but you get accustomed after a while. He is brilliant and spends a lot of time on the theory and not enough time on examples . He isn't the best but he isn't that bad either.

5/9/11

MAC2312

Math (calculus especially) is hard, but he does not teach it very well. He goes very fast, but he can be okay on a good day. He gives hard homework, but even if you understand how to do it, you will probably still have a hard time on the tests, which are very complicated for such a short amount of time. Good luck if you plan on taking him...

5/7/11

MAD3401

Let me warm you guys. The material here is easier than calc.2, but the book is nowhere near as useful as the calc. book, so don't come at this thinking that this will be the "easy" class. The good news is that tests are similar to the HW, but that also means you must be able to do that HW in 1 hour. My advice is to study all his in-class examples.

3/30/11

mad3401

I got an A in his class. His accent is strong, but the test was similar (not very though) to the assignments. It just takes a lot practice with the homework. Outside help was involved, so that could have helped for this class. :/

12/27/10

MAD3401

THIS IS THE WORST MATH PROFESSOR I'VE EVER HAD. THIS GUY IS A COMPLETE DICK! I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS GUY IS EVEN ALLOWED TO BE A TEACHER. HIS TEST ARE EXTREMELY LONG AND UNFAIR.

11/10/10

mac2311

Im sitting in his class right now thats how bad it is its horrible dont bother taking this class with him you will die i promise.

9/25/10

cal2311

I have never met a prof. like him. He speeds through material like you have taken the class already. His test are not based on the material you covered in class or the textbooks. when you ask him a question he makes remarks like " we went over last class". And his accent is strong, the strongest i have met in a long time. Like most people say, STAY

5/3/10

MAC2311

Just do yourself a favor and choose someone else, end of story.

1/7/10

mad3401

Worst math teacher i've ever had. If you take this guy u should kill yourself. He wasn't clear on his grading policy and I was under the impression that he would curve. I studied hard and learned all i could. But he was no help. Long story short he failed me and now i must take it again. He should retire from teaching.

8/26/09

MAC2311

He is an OK teacher. After a while you will become used to his accent. He likes to give challenging problems for his exam but they are not impossible. You get some homework/ quiz grades to counter the exams.

7/30/09

MAC2311

I generally agree with what is being said. I did get an A in this class, but I really struggled because he would treat me like an idiot when I asked questions. He also doesn't explain things fully, which sucks during tests. So, if self-teaching is your thing, take him. If not, find another teacher.

6/23/09

mac2311

Actually.. I wrote the rating that starts out with "Stay away." I got an A in the class. So, no, I am not bad at math. He is a bad professor.

6/23/09

Mac2311

People need to stop crying he is a great Professor, the only reason people failed is because they are just bad at math.

6/18/09

MAC2311

STAY AWAY. If you ask questions, he treats you like an idiot. He says he has office hours & doesnt show up. He barely gives partial credit. He gets annoyed if you ask for help. The final is brutal. Doesnt give enough time to finish and tests on stuff he never taught. If he makes an error on your test, he wont change it. Does not care about students

5/6/09

MAC2312

This teacher was impossible for Calc II. I studied my hardest (3.0 student) and all I could pull off was a B - alot of students failed. The grading scale was very unclear through the class and the "teaching" felt more like hurried note taking that I'm still not sure helped. Whatever, moving on, cause at least I passed.

4/30/09

mac2312

This is the second year I take him. The first time I got a B+ he was fairly easy but you have to study. The second time I was lost and even with the studying and tutoring I wasnt able to pass the class. But he is very helpful and cares about both the students and the class.

4/30/09

calc1

not very good. hard to understand, goes very fast. not nearly enough time to finish final. i had a 98% going into the final and ended up with a B in the class! gives very little partial credit.

4/29/09

mac2311

he is a nice guy but i dont think he is really that helpful to students. like you ask him whats going to be on the test and he will tell you to just study everything, and that if you practice well enough you should be fine for the test. I THINK HES GRADING IS UNFAIR because he says he gives partial credit but i didnt see that in any of my test.

More Mathematics professors at Florida International University