in University of Central Florida that teach Philosophy Edit
Professor in the Philosophy department
at University of Central Florida, Orlando, FL
are you Jennifer Vest?

01/27/2012
Phi2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

it was a very easy class even though she was controversial and sometimes hard to understand

06/14/2011
good
PHH3701 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

restored some faith in college for me. thank you

04/29/2011
good
phh3701 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I have taken both Native American and into to philosophy with her. She is honestly the most amazing professor I've ever had and teaches not only the subject but about respect, love, and equality. If you have the chance to take this professor she will change your life.

04/12/2011
good
PHM3123 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She's intimidating at first, but don't let her scare you away. Once you get to know her as a professor a bit, she's great. Very knowledgeable. But you have to know what you're talking about! They have no problem calling you out in that classroom.

09/08/2010
good
phi2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Very good Professor. Some people may think she comes across as biased, or rude. but really that is what all philosophy profs do, they try to get you to question your own beliefs. If you have any interest in philosophy take this class! best professor ever!

09/05/2010
PHI2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Boring, unchallenging, useless class. Waste of money. I got an A but learned nothing, and wasted a whole lot of my lime. Professor unorganized, and only wants to hear her own views repeated back to her.

07/09/2010
good
Phil2100 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Really good teacher, can be strict, but you will learn a lot.

03/31/2010
PHI2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Very intimidating at first, but she gets so much better throughout the semester. Starts off with lots of reading, but by mid-semester, barely no effort is needed! Very easy A as long as you show up to class.

01/12/2010
good
PHH3701 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Her Native American Philosophy class literally changed my entire world view, and how i see myself. Don't take her if you aren't willing to be open minded, take her to learn more about a culture, and about yourself. take her.

12/23/2009
good
phi2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I recommend this teacher to everyone. She's passionate about what she teaches. It was my favorite class all semester. If you're not into philosophy & don't care (just need a gen ed), I'd recommend something else; you might get bored. But if you're into philosophy AT ALL, then DEFINITELY take Dr. Vest. You'll love it!

12/17/2009
PHI2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

While the discussions in class are interesting, she is quite disorganized. She gives you the choice of taking tests or doing 7 demonstrations. With the demonstrations, she gives almost no feedback throughout the year and one never knows what grade they have until grades come out. I would avoid this class if possible.

11/15/2009
good
phi3701 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

she is extremely nice and intelligent. there is a lot of work, but it's not unbearable. the books are interesting, but a bit repetitive. she grades fairly. she is sometimes absent, because of health problems.

07/24/2009
good
PHM3123 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Her classes are hard and perhaps they are slightly disorganized, but you will not find a more passionate feminist voice on campus. She is fearless, and she definitely knows her stuff. She touches on many feminisms, not just white, middle-class feminism, which I appreciated. If you are a WST major, you owe it to yourself to take this class!

06/14/2009
good
PHI2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I loved Prof Vest and this class. She lectured well and the class was organized. Not easy, but definitely not hard. If you do the work, you'll do well in the class. Buy the book(s), she uses them. She doesn't stand for empty arguments, but I never thought she was unfair or rude. Love, love, loved it. :)

04/30/2009
good
Phi2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Wonderful professor! Although, I wouldn't label the class as easy, it isn't hard. Dr. Vest truly cares about students learning and is willing to help any way she can. She seems intimidating in the beginning, but is one of the most caring teachers i've had. She's very open and accepting. If you are interested in philosophy, she's a great choice!

03/23/2009
PHI2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Absolutely worthless... endless reading and nothing gained from it. the class is very eclectic and unorganized. instead of studying philosophers you study ideas so you have no idea who thought what, just that someone that something at one time. Not practical at all... DONT DO IT

02/05/2009
good

Feminist? Yes. Problematic? No. She's an awesome professor. If you disagree with her, you'll only get "slammed" (I say that lightly) if your argument is flawed. I didn't read half the stuff and got a 106 percent (I'm male if you care). Easy final, we basically chatted for an hour and had donuts/soda that SHE provided. Awesome. Look up her myspace.

08/29/2008
good
phm3123 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She changed my life, in class and during office hours! I have understood so much of myself as a social, political, and human being from what she knows and how she embodies the knowledge through her circumstances and achievements. It's LOTS of work, but if you're a ppl's person, or u wanna do grad school work, then u'll be fine with the group work!!

06/20/2008
good

When I first saw the syllabus I planned on dropping. Thank God I didn?t! I have never been so motivated to succeed in my life. By the end of the semester our class was extremely close and we all felt that Dr Vest had changed our lives. If you have the chance to take her class please do and get ready to become a better human being!

05/08/2008
PHI2010 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

One of the worst professors I've had for any class. She is EXTREMELY feminist, with a very evident anti-male bias. She thinks very highly of herself and her theories, but if you try to question her, God help you.