Jennifer Vest at University of Central Florida

Jennifer Vest

Number of ratings 48 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

1/27/12

Phi2010

it was a very easy class even though she was controversial and sometimes hard to understand

6/14/11

PHH3701

restored some faith in college for me. thank you

4/29/11

phh3701

I have taken both Native American and into to philosophy with her. She is honestly the most amazing professor I've ever had and teaches not only the subject but about respect, love, and equality. If you have the chance to take this professor she will change your life.

4/12/11

PHM3123

She's intimidating at first, but don't let her scare you away. Once you get to know her as a professor a bit, she's great. Very knowledgeable. But you have to know what you're talking about! They have no problem calling you out in that classroom.

9/8/10

phi2010

Very good Professor. Some people may think she comes across as biased, or rude. but really that is what all philosophy profs do, they try to get you to question your own beliefs. If you have any interest in philosophy take this class! best professor ever!

9/5/10

PHI2010

Boring, unchallenging, useless class. Waste of money. I got an A but learned nothing, and wasted a whole lot of my lime. Professor unorganized, and only wants to hear her own views repeated back to her.

7/9/10

Phil2100

Really good teacher, can be strict, but you will learn a lot.

3/31/10

PHI2010

Very intimidating at first, but she gets so much better throughout the semester. Starts off with lots of reading, but by mid-semester, barely no effort is needed! Very easy A as long as you show up to class.

1/12/10

PHH3701

Her Native American Philosophy class literally changed my entire world view, and how i see myself. Don't take her if you aren't willing to be open minded, take her to learn more about a culture, and about yourself. take her.

12/23/09

phi2010

I recommend this teacher to everyone. She's passionate about what she teaches. It was my favorite class all semester. If you're not into philosophy & don't care (just need a gen ed), I'd recommend something else; you might get bored. But if you're into philosophy AT ALL, then DEFINITELY take Dr. Vest. You'll love it!

12/17/09

PHI2010

While the discussions in class are interesting, she is quite disorganized. She gives you the choice of taking tests or doing 7 demonstrations. With the demonstrations, she gives almost no feedback throughout the year and one never knows what grade they have until grades come out. I would avoid this class if possible.

11/15/09

phi3701

she is extremely nice and intelligent. there is a lot of work, but it's not unbearable. the books are interesting, but a bit repetitive. she grades fairly. she is sometimes absent, because of health problems.

7/24/09

PHM3123

Her classes are hard and perhaps they are slightly disorganized, but you will not find a more passionate feminist voice on campus. She is fearless, and she definitely knows her stuff. She touches on many feminisms, not just white, middle-class feminism, which I appreciated. If you are a WST major, you owe it to yourself to take this class!

6/14/09

PHI2010

I loved Prof Vest and this class. She lectured well and the class was organized. Not easy, but definitely not hard. If you do the work, you'll do well in the class. Buy the book(s), she uses them. She doesn't stand for empty arguments, but I never thought she was unfair or rude. Love, love, loved it. :)

4/30/09

Phi2010

Wonderful professor! Although, I wouldn't label the class as easy, it isn't hard. Dr. Vest truly cares about students learning and is willing to help any way she can. She seems intimidating in the beginning, but is one of the most caring teachers i've had. She's very open and accepting. If you are interested in philosophy, she's a great choice!

3/23/09

PHI2010

Absolutely worthless... endless reading and nothing gained from it. the class is very eclectic and unorganized. instead of studying philosophers you study ideas so you have no idea who thought what, just that someone that something at one time. Not practical at all... DONT DO IT

2/5/09

PHI2010

Feminist? Yes. Problematic? No. She's an awesome professor. If you disagree with her, you'll only get "slammed" (I say that lightly) if your argument is flawed. I didn't read half the stuff and got a 106 percent (I'm male if you care). Easy final, we basically chatted for an hour and had donuts/soda that SHE provided. Awesome. Look up her myspace.

8/29/08

phm3123

She changed my life, in class and during office hours! I have understood so much of myself as a social, political, and human being from what she knows and how she embodies the knowledge through her circumstances and achievements. It's LOTS of work, but if you're a ppl's person, or u wanna do grad school work, then u'll be fine with the group work!!

6/20/08

PHM3123

When I first saw the syllabus I planned on dropping. Thank God I didn?t! I have never been so motivated to succeed in my life. By the end of the semester our class was extremely close and we all felt that Dr Vest had changed our lives. If you have the chance to take her class please do and get ready to become a better human being!

5/8/08

PHI2010

One of the worst professors I've had for any class. She is EXTREMELY feminist, with a very evident anti-male bias. She thinks very highly of herself and her theories, but if you try to question her, God help you.

More Philosophy professors at University of Central Florida