in Pasadena City College that teach Fine Arts Edit
at Pasadena City College, Pasadena, CA
are you Phil Cornelius?

12/07/2010
good
CERM101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I Studied under Phil in 1969-70. He was an inspiring, challenging, button pushing SOB but I learned a lot from him and was able to launch a life long career in clay, which I continue to this day. I don?t know if he is still teaching today but if you have a chance to work with him you would be foolish not to take advantage of the opportunity.

08/21/2009
art38a Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

unfortunately was gone, sick, for most of the semester. came back toward the end and we had two unannounced, unreviewed finals and then a piece-show final where half the class got c's and the other half b's. very discouraging for beginners even if you try very hard.

12/16/2008
good
ceramartN Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

the best

09/22/2008
good
ceram101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

It has been 25 years sence I first met Phil, Show me dont tell me, he said. We fought once I came back the next session, he smiled. I remeber him every day. I have a series in me now cant wait to show him. My challenge piece is on my hearth now. To the most important, most influential, most chalenging mentor I have ever had my deepest thanks. Slate

07/09/2008
art101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Chew you up, spit you out, light your ass on fire. Make you think twice, before asking him "Anything" If you have no passion...he'll eat you for breakfast for wasting his time...I mean. he could be out smoking a cigar..."Phils-osphy" "Lite them and stand back"

03/19/2007
good
ART101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

verrrrrrrrry verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry hoooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttttttt

02/22/2007
good
ART39d Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Cornelius is a god.

12/11/2005
good
38A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Phil was very helpful and I learned a great deal about ceramics in his class. His demos will show you great techniques. His work is absolutely stunning. He is a tough grader however, so work hard.

11/10/2005
good
ART 38 C Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

The man is insane. Brilliant, coherent, creates delectable art (if you're interested) but does not suffer fools. Kiss-assers beware; hone thy edge for battle. He's always available for discussion, and when he seems to drone, remember there's always a thread and a context for you to follow. Great teacher for those majoring in ceramics.

01/22/2005
good
Art 38A Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

he is awesome! but u may not get along with him, and he may pick on you. but he is internationally known for his ceramic work.