Phil Cornelius at Pasadena City College

Phil Cornelius

Number of ratings 10 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

12/7/10

CERM101

I Studied under Phil in 1969-70. He was an inspiring, challenging, button pushing SOB but I learned a lot from him and was able to launch a life long career in clay, which I continue to this day. I don?t know if he is still teaching today but if you have a chance to work with him you would be foolish not to take advantage of the opportunity.

8/21/09

art38a

unfortunately was gone, sick, for most of the semester. came back toward the end and we had two unannounced, unreviewed finals and then a piece-show final where half the class got c's and the other half b's. very discouraging for beginners even if you try very hard.

12/16/08

ceramartN

9/22/08

ceram101

It has been 25 years sence I first met Phil, Show me dont tell me, he said. We fought once I came back the next session, he smiled. I remeber him every day. I have a series in me now cant wait to show him. My challenge piece is on my hearth now. To the most important, most influential, most chalenging mentor I have ever had my deepest thanks. Slate

7/9/08

art101

Chew you up, spit you out, light your ass on fire. Make you think twice, before asking him "Anything" If you have no passion...he'll eat you for breakfast for wasting his time...I mean. he could be out smoking a cigar..."Phils-osphy" "Lite them and stand back"

3/19/07

ART101

verrrrrrrrry verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry hoooooooooooooooooooottttttttttttttttttttttt

2/22/07

ART39d

Cornelius is a god.

12/11/05

38A

Phil was very helpful and I learned a great deal about ceramics in his class. His demos will show you great techniques. His work is absolutely stunning. He is a tough grader however, so work hard.

11/10/05

ART 38 C

The man is insane. Brilliant, coherent, creates delectable art (if you're interested) but does not suffer fools. Kiss-assers beware; hone thy edge for battle. He's always available for discussion, and when he seems to drone, remember there's always a thread and a context for you to follow. Great teacher for those majoring in ceramics.

1/22/05

Art 38A

he is awesome! but u may not get along with him, and he may pick on you. but he is internationally known for his ceramic work.

More Fine Arts professors at Pasadena City College