in University of Maryland that teach Languages Edit
at University of Maryland, College Park, MD
are you Etsuko Yamakita?

06/21/2011
good
JAPN302 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I've had her for two years and you definitely can't slack w/ the work or you won't get a good grade. Her tests might be hard, but she basically pulls all the questions from homeworks, quizzes, and the required textbooks, so the test questions are something you already went over in class.

05/21/2009
good
JAPN201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

If you're one of those smart-but-lazy students, BEWARE. In all my other classes I have gotten A's and B's but I tend to procrastinate and it really hurt me in Yamakita-sensei's class. She's a nice and helpful teacher, though strict, and I really like her despite the grade I got. If you aren't prepared to work your butt off, take something else.

03/09/2009
good
JAPN202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Yamakita-sensei is very thorough and explains grammar over and over. She's understanding and gives out many assignments, which are relatively easy and based on the instruction. The class is easy to follow, and students can learn a lot. She's also generous and caring as a teacher.

12/12/2007
good
JAPN202 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She gives out a lot of homework and you have a quiz everyday, but it does make you learn the materials. Yamakita explains the grammar points really well and she will make you laugh too, which makes class really enjoyable. Her exams are tough though, significantly harder than Yaginuma, the other 200 level sensei (My friend showed me his class).

10/15/2005
good
Japn 201 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: WD

Quiz, homework, and conversation memorization every class so she expects you to work. However, she does pretty well explaining the material and she is a kind person and dedicated to teaching.