in Seattle Central College that teach History Edit
at Seattle Central College, Seattle, WA
are you Kraig Schwartz?

06/30/2014
good
HIST128 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: A

Kraig is a cool guy - an old hippy who knows his history and genuinely cares about making the world a better place. The class can be boring at times, but the subject matter is interesting for the most part. Lots of reading, but I got a 3.9 skimming most of it - the quizzes get much easier as the quarter goes on as essay questions are more general.

03/07/2013
good
HIST 137 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Great professor. Knows his stuff very well. Is organized schedule and follows textbook and also shares his own knowledge pertaining to each chapter. Lots of information. But was not an easy class at all. You must understand the material very well to earn a good grade in hi class. SO if you want to take an easy class. This is not the class for you.

06/24/2012
good
Hist136 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Amazing professor. I needed to take a class to fill up ICS credits. I took his class thinking I can handle history. As a non english speaker it took me 3 weeks to be in the same path. He was amazing supportive encouraging not to quit the class. He's the best teacher for history to have. Take his class, you'll fall in love with history.

02/01/2012
good
Hist137 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He is a great Professor. But be aware this is not an easy class. You really need to make sure you understand the concepts, read the textbook before class and do the journal assignments. Overall he is very intelligent and engaging. You can see he loves History and that he wants you to learn.

11/22/2010
good
hist128 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Prof.Schwartz has the teaching/lecturing thing down pat.It was difficult only having 50 mins for class because there was too much to cover. Engaging teacher, looks around and asks students questions. Genuinely great guy. Has some great stories about his time living on a commune.I also thank him for teaching about the Lincoln Brigade! Take his class

03/09/2010
good
HIST128 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Wow I cannot say enough amazing things about this teacher. He literally made me fall in love with history and I hope one day he reads all of these great ratings and realizes how much we all love him. He's extremely intelligent and makes you laugh even when the topic breaks your heart. He is by far the best teacher I have ever had.

02/27/2010
good
HistSCCC Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

One of the best teachers i have ever had, without a doubt. Better than any teacher I had at the private expensive school I went to before. Never feels like he's talking "at" you; endlessly engaging, extremely knowledgeable, and often funny. A great human being and awesome teacher.

12/24/2009
good
Hist125 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Craig is far and above the best hist. teacher I have ever had. He is endlessly knowledgeable in his field and very enthusiastic. The text we used was also great. This should be a mandatory class, it will change the way you view the world no matter what side of the isle you come from.

12/09/2009
good
HIS000 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I took the class a couple quarters ago, but it's a lot of reading and memorizing facts. he's helpful if you go to him if you're not doing well.

11/10/2009
good
HIST112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

His is a good teacher, very helpful but not that easy. Seriously, you really need to read the textbook.

06/25/2009
good
Hist214 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I like him so much. I grade you base on your participation in class, the more you answer and give your opinion, the better your GPA will be. Highly recommend you his class it's where you can find endless helpful information from all over the world. Trust me, you will love him

05/01/2009
good
HIST264 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you want a fun and interesting challenge, take a Dr. Schwartz history class. It's the closest thing at SCCC to a real University class. He makes you *gasp* read books! The first I've read at this college... You will write essays, read novels, engage in interesting conversations, see new view points,hey.. sort of what college should be!

11/18/2008
good
HIST214 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

One of my top 3 professors out of high school. I've only had 5 so far, but I'm sure he'll remain near the top.

11/07/2008
good
HIS264 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Dr. Schwartz was one of the best professors I have had. He was able to get me to look at history in a whole new way (and actually find it fun and interesting, which is crazy because I am normally not a fan of history). Take his class!!! You'll love it and be happy you did! He really puts the world into perspective.

10/08/2008
good
HIST264 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

How could you not like Schwartz!? He is a really nice guy, laid back, and funny. He loves what he teaches, and knows all about history. I learned a lot from his course and intend to take another history class of his. Would recommend him highly.

07/22/2008
good

Great teacher - I can say nothing bad about someone who can make a required gen. ed. credit interesting. Definitely cares a lot about the subject and the required books were very good and relevant. If you need WA state history, definitely take his class.

05/16/2008
good
HIS264 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

My favorite instructor during my time at SCCC. I honestly wish someone could have told me about this man before I started my run of history courses. A remarkable instructor that actually cares about you. The work load is light and the tests are straight forward so you have no excuse. Highly recommended.

02/25/2008
good
his111 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

one of the best professors at SCCC. gr8 teacher, makes history alot more intersting. love his jokes about bush. lmao.

12/06/2007
good
HISTSECT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Extremely knowledgeable. Goes deeper than textbooks, helps the class to understand the real meanings behind events in US history. Opinionated, which I like, because I agree with his opinions. Semi-weekly tests and plenty of assignments to keep you busy, but not too much more than the average high school work load. Definitely more interesting though

06/14/2007
good
HIS264 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Learn a lot from him.... Very helpful. History is so interesting with him. Never forget him! Hope taking all history classes with him!!