Kraig Schwartz at Seattle Central Community College

Kraig Schwartz

Number of ratings 30 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/7/13

HIST 137

Great professor. Knows his stuff very well. Is organized schedule and follows textbook and also shares his own knowledge pertaining to each chapter. Lots of information. But was not an easy class at all. You must understand the material very well to earn a good grade in hi class. SO if you want to take an easy class. This is not the class for you.

6/24/12

Hist136

Amazing professor. I needed to take a class to fill up ICS credits. I took his class thinking I can handle history. As a non english speaker it took me 3 weeks to be in the same path. He was amazing supportive encouraging not to quit the class. He's the best teacher for history to have. Take his class, you'll fall in love with history.

2/1/12

Hist137

He is a great Professor. But be aware this is not an easy class. You really need to make sure you understand the concepts, read the textbook before class and do the journal assignments. Overall he is very intelligent and engaging. You can see he loves History and that he wants you to learn.

11/22/10

hist128

Prof.Schwartz has the teaching/lecturing thing down pat.It was difficult only having 50 mins for class because there was too much to cover. Engaging teacher, looks around and asks students questions. Genuinely great guy. Has some great stories about his time living on a commune.I also thank him for teaching about the Lincoln Brigade! Take his class

3/9/10

HIST128

Wow I cannot say enough amazing things about this teacher. He literally made me fall in love with history and I hope one day he reads all of these great ratings and realizes how much we all love him. He's extremely intelligent and makes you laugh even when the topic breaks your heart. He is by far the best teacher I have ever had.

2/27/10

HistSCCC

One of the best teachers i have ever had, without a doubt. Better than any teacher I had at the private expensive school I went to before. Never feels like he's talking "at" you; endlessly engaging, extremely knowledgeable, and often funny. A great human being and awesome teacher.

12/24/09

Hist125

Craig is far and above the best hist. teacher I have ever had. He is endlessly knowledgeable in his field and very enthusiastic. The text we used was also great. This should be a mandatory class, it will change the way you view the world no matter what side of the isle you come from.

12/9/09

HIS000

I took the class a couple quarters ago, but it's a lot of reading and memorizing facts. he's helpful if you go to him if you're not doing well.

11/10/09

HIST112

His is a good teacher, very helpful but not that easy. Seriously, you really need to read the textbook.

6/25/09

Hist214

I like him so much. I grade you base on your participation in class, the more you answer and give your opinion, the better your GPA will be. Highly recommend you his class it's where you can find endless helpful information from all over the world. Trust me, you will love him

5/1/09

HIST264

If you want a fun and interesting challenge, take a Dr. Schwartz history class. It's the closest thing at SCCC to a real University class. He makes you *gasp* read books! The first I've read at this college... You will write essays, read novels, engage in interesting conversations, see new view points,hey.. sort of what college should be!

11/18/08

HIST214

One of my top 3 professors out of high school. I've only had 5 so far, but I'm sure he'll remain near the top.

11/7/08

HIS264

Dr. Schwartz was one of the best professors I have had. He was able to get me to look at history in a whole new way (and actually find it fun and interesting, which is crazy because I am normally not a fan of history). Take his class!!! You'll love it and be happy you did! He really puts the world into perspective.

10/8/08

HIST264

How could you not like Schwartz!? He is a really nice guy, laid back, and funny. He loves what he teaches, and knows all about history. I learned a lot from his course and intend to take another history class of his. Would recommend him highly.

7/22/08

HIS264

Great teacher - I can say nothing bad about someone who can make a required gen. ed. credit interesting. Definitely cares a lot about the subject and the required books were very good and relevant. If you need WA state history, definitely take his class.

5/16/08

HIS264

My favorite instructor during my time at SCCC. I honestly wish someone could have told me about this man before I started my run of history courses. A remarkable instructor that actually cares about you. The work load is light and the tests are straight forward so you have no excuse. Highly recommended.

2/25/08

his111

one of the best professors at SCCC. gr8 teacher, makes history alot more intersting. love his jokes about bush. lmao.

12/6/07

HISTSECT

Extremely knowledgeable. Goes deeper than textbooks, helps the class to understand the real meanings behind events in US history. Opinionated, which I like, because I agree with his opinions. Semi-weekly tests and plenty of assignments to keep you busy, but not too much more than the average high school work load. Definitely more interesting though

6/14/07

HIS264

Learn a lot from him.... Very helpful. History is so interesting with him. Never forget him! Hope taking all history classes with him!!

1/4/07

HIS111

Schwartz was an unbelievable instructor, the best I've ever had. He was able to not only instill the facts in my mind, he was able to inspire in me a whole new perspective in looking at American history and the intent of our founding fathers. His class was very easy if you are willing to study and do the very helpful online practice tests.

More History professors at Seattle Central Community College