Jerry Hansen at College of Lake County

Jerry Hansen

Number of ratings 23 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

3/3/11

ANT121

Easy and interesting. Random facts about sex and our culture kept me awake through some of the drier material

11/4/10

anth775

very boring. Any questions asked his response was "its in the syllabus" and I'm not a lazy student...I get all A's and then I take his class and get the first C on my transcript. Very hard class with him teaching.

5/21/10

ANT221

Took this as a teleweb course, so my contact with him was limited. However, he responded to emails fairly quickly and was pretty helpful. There are 4 multiple choice tests which are kind of long and hard, so if you're not a good test taker, he's probably not the best person to take. Had to drop the class, but would still recommend.

3/15/10

ANT003

many people say that hes boring. well that might be true for some but imo he is not a boring teacher. if you listen to his class you will be fascinated. just take time to put a little effort and you're good. mr. hansen is sure a very good teacher. he is kind of strict but imo it is the best way to control naughty students. i like him he is cool.

8/4/09

ANT221

Hansen was awesome. I really enjoyed the class. It got somewhat boring towards the end, but each class always had it's highlights. I would reccomend this course be taken over the summer. It's quicker, more condensed, and I think it was more interesting that way. I didn't buy the book and got an A. Rent them from the library and you'll be fine.

8/3/09

ANT122

His lectures are slightly boring, but cultural anthro is a gen. ed. for most colleges, so if you take it, take it with Jerry. Tests are completely based off of readings and lectures. I had a B at the end of the semester, but he bumped it to an A because I showed concern, and had good attendance. He is very understanding. Overall good teacher.

12/19/08

ANT221

Awesome online class. Gave me a new appreciation for indigenous cultures. I wish I had taken the on campus course because it would have been interesting to hear other students' takes on how capitalist societies are adversely affecting traditional cultures. My favorite culture is the Trobriand Islanders and their yam currency.

12/17/08

ANT221

teacher threw out a few jokes every-now-and-than, tests are confusing..he is understanding with you missing class, buying the books is a must!! the extra credit was helpful. you watch alot of movies, some are just boring others are pretty interesting

11/23/08

IntroANT

He was boring most of the time. But he is a good teacher. He is willing to help. The one thing I did not like was the book he made us read, which is written by his brother.

11/22/08

ANT221

As everyone has said, he isn't the most exciting teacher out there, however, he does provide great notes. His notes are always written on the board and you just copy them down. He expects you to read the textbooks, do it (or at least skim them! They are on the exams. I'm pulling a B without too much of an effort. Just show up.

12/8/07

ANTH222

WORSE TEACHER EVER!!!! he knows his stuff but he expects way too much from his students. The test are essay and he likes them very detailed and likes you to answer like you are a anthropolgist. I would totally not recommend!

11/26/07

ANT121

His Intro to Anthro class was fascinating, although sometimes boring. He's extremely knowledgeable, very helpful, and has a great sense of humor. Don't talk in his class while hes talking, and pay attention to details. We don't use the book a lot, but he'll give you tree loads of handouts. Never hesitate to see him during his office hours!!

10/6/07

Ant221

Pretty boring lectures, but show up, put in a little effort and you should have no problem. Grade is based on just a few tests, but he just about gives you enough of the answers that you will only have a problem if you don't try.

4/30/07

ANT121

WORST TEACHER EVER. Everyone slept in my class, class was 3 tests 1 paper, really hard grader. SO BORING, showed the worst movies ever, voice is very monotone and is overall a terrible teacher. I will never take another one of his classes again, I learned the hard way.

1/15/07

ant221

this class is all lecture...can be boring at times, but take lots of notes. only 4 grades=4exams (including the final) study your notes and the handouts, not the book and dont miss class if you want a good grade.

1/9/07

ant221

I took the telecourse version of this course. Jerry's a nice guy, understanding. Grading is based on 4 exams- based off of the text, and videos. I didn't watch the videos, I read the chapters thorougly and reviewed the telecourse study guide to have an idea of what was shown in the videos. This is not an easy course, but it isn't as time consuming.

8/14/06

Intro. Anth.

I don't know HOW other people liked him. Almost everyone in my class didn't seem to enjoy class. I am an A student and got a C in his class. I tried hard, but hes one of those people who is very knowledgable about a subject, but sucks at teaching it. I could tell he was smart, but in terms of teaching he is horrible. I could never figure him out

5/1/06

Intro Ant

Jerry gets about all I can imagine someone getting from Anthropology. He's funny when he's in the mood. The class is ALL LECTURE though. The three tests we took were all there was. No homework, no participation, just lecture and tests. Bring lots of coffee. And gettem' going on Bill Maher.

12/7/05

Intro ANT

interesting, hes a smart guy, but veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery boring! whole class was based on three tests

11/15/05

ant 221

His cultural anthroplogy class is interesting, if you like that sort of thing. He gives insightful comments on essays, and is willing to help. Very cool.

More Anthropology professors at College of Lake County