in College of Lake County that teach Anthropology Edit
at College of Lake County, Grayslake, IL
are you Jerry Hansen?

03/03/2011
good
ANT121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Easy and interesting. Random facts about sex and our culture kept me awake through some of the drier material

11/04/2010
anth775 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

very boring. Any questions asked his response was "its in the syllabus" and I'm not a lazy student...I get all A's and then I take his class and get the first C on my transcript. Very hard class with him teaching.

05/21/2010
good
ANT221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Took this as a teleweb course, so my contact with him was limited. However, he responded to emails fairly quickly and was pretty helpful. There are 4 multiple choice tests which are kind of long and hard, so if you're not a good test taker, he's probably not the best person to take. Had to drop the class, but would still recommend.

03/15/2010
good
ANT003 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

many people say that hes boring. well that might be true for some but imo he is not a boring teacher. if you listen to his class you will be fascinated. just take time to put a little effort and you're good. mr. hansen is sure a very good teacher. he is kind of strict but imo it is the best way to control naughty students. i like him he is cool.

08/04/2009
good
ANT221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Hansen was awesome. I really enjoyed the class. It got somewhat boring towards the end, but each class always had it's highlights. I would reccomend this course be taken over the summer. It's quicker, more condensed, and I think it was more interesting that way. I didn't buy the book and got an A. Rent them from the library and you'll be fine.

08/03/2009
good
ANT122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

His lectures are slightly boring, but cultural anthro is a gen. ed. for most colleges, so if you take it, take it with Jerry. Tests are completely based off of readings and lectures. I had a B at the end of the semester, but he bumped it to an A because I showed concern, and had good attendance. He is very understanding. Overall good teacher.

12/19/2008
good
ANT221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Awesome online class. Gave me a new appreciation for indigenous cultures. I wish I had taken the on campus course because it would have been interesting to hear other students' takes on how capitalist societies are adversely affecting traditional cultures. My favorite culture is the Trobriand Islanders and their yam currency.

12/17/2008
good
ANT221 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

teacher threw out a few jokes every-now-and-than, tests are confusing..he is understanding with you missing class, buying the books is a must!! the extra credit was helpful. you watch alot of movies, some are just boring others are pretty interesting

11/23/2008
good
IntroANT Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He was boring most of the time. But he is a good teacher. He is willing to help. The one thing I did not like was the book he made us read, which is written by his brother.

11/22/2008
good

As everyone has said, he isn't the most exciting teacher out there, however, he does provide great notes. His notes are always written on the board and you just copy them down. He expects you to read the textbooks, do it (or at least skim them! They are on the exams. I'm pulling a B without too much of an effort. Just show up.