in Citrus College that teach English Edit
at Citrus College, Glendora, CA
are you Mick Curran?

10/25/2014
good
English 101 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A
"Gives good feedback" "Amazing lectures" "Hilarious"

Mr. Curran IS a very good professor. Once I stopped resisting his mantra that college emphasizes "divergent thinking" and that formal essays need to demonstrate critical thinking in how you respond to the ideas you interpret and how you can defend your views, I suddenly got it. Writing is easy now. I get ideas and I learn so much more than before

08/05/2014
good
Eng 104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I learned a lot. Professor Curran was very helpful.

06/11/2014
good
Eng 103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is very fair., very smart, very kind, and very funny. I learned a lot of how to interpret stories and then how to write essays. When I applied his "tricks" to writing essays in my other classes, I stared getting A's on them. I got much more than I anticipated.

03/20/2014
good
Engl 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I have gotten straight A's since I took Mr. Curran's class. That includes taking tests and writing essays. He teaches so much. I have ben changed. So have my friends who took the course. He's nice, funny, caring and very, very smart. He finds ways to get you to understand concepts so you learn.

02/26/2014
good
Eng 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Once my parents paid for a math tutor for me. She taught me more in three months than I ever learned in 11 years in school. I feel the same way about Prof Curran. I learned more in one semester with him than in all the English classes i ever took. The big difference is that Prof. Curran did the same thing for almost forty students. We ALL learned.

12/14/2013
good
English 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I had taken courses with two other outstaning English professors, but Mick showed me things and worked so hard to make him think more clearly and write more precisely. He may be the hardest working, most effective teacher at Citrus. His classes fill up early. And now I know why. He's very, very good.

12/13/2013
good

Mic is a very good teacher. He's a lot like Mr. Myoi from "The Karate Kid". He shows you stuff and gets you to practice outlining and looking at stories "divergently" and then suddenly at the end of the semester, you can write essays, you can interpet stories, and you can think through any subject in a "critical" way. He makes you a better person.

12/06/2013
good
ENG 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Curran is both easy and hard. He is very approachable, very caring, and very smart. He gets you to learn in novel ways. However, do not be fooled, he is also hard for anyone is not serious or goofs off. He offers so much, but you have to be willing to do the reading and writing. Best class ever.

12/04/2013
Eng 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Curran is such an easy going guy. He often openly declares that he wants to help you succeed and he wants to give you an A. He is very understanding if you need to make something up. He has high expectations for what your essays need to look like, but as long as you follow his structure packet you are golden. I wish all professors were like him.

11/15/2013
good
Eng 291 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I am grateful for taking this course with Prof. Curran. I understand film and stories in ways I never did before. His lectures fascinate me -- the insights and details and information he provides exceeds any expectation. He also teaches you how to be a better student and a better essay writer. I now gets As on my essays in other courses.

11/12/2013
good
ENG 104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Thanks Mick. I got an A on my 1st CSULA paper using the tools Mick taught us about how to create a successful university essay-instead of a report. Mick is passionate about making a difference for students.He will work with you-stay in communication. He wants to pass you. Only had to do 3 papers,very thought provoking topics. He wants u to succeed.

10/18/2013
good
Eng 291 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Wow! A dazzling lecturer with an encyclopedic knowledge of film and literature and philosophy and techniques. It's mid-semester and I think I've learned more in some eight classes with Curran than I have ever learned in a semester or a whole year with anyone else. He makes learning fun.

10/18/2013
good

Wow! A dazzling lecturer with an encyclopedic knowledge of film and literature and philosophy and techniques. It's mid-semester and I think I've learned more in some eight classes with Curran than I have ever learned in a semester or a whole year with anone else. He makes learning fun.

09/06/2013
good
Eng 103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Lots of reading, but it's worth it. He does "know his stuff" and he makes learning easier. He explains everything so you will finally understand how to read and interpret stories. And how to form a thesis statement. And how to structure an essay. And how to research and use primary and secondary sources. A great class. A great instructor.

02/14/2013
good
ENGL99 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Professor Curran truly knows his stuff. He make you work, but you'll learn more than you ever have. Everything he tells you is true and works. He helped me understand what essays are and why what I was writing didn't "qualify" as a essay. I learned way more than I have in any other course.

01/08/2013
good
Eng291 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Had him for film. Wonderful guy and professor. Very caring, smart, and funny. One of the best classes I had a Citrus, I'm actually very sad that it is over, and I almost never feel like that about classes. Take him, you won't regret it.

12/14/2012
good
engl291 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I learned a lot about film, a lot about writing essays, and a lot about how to study. The prof is great. He works with you. I probably learned more this semester than ever before.

12/06/2012
good
eng104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

A strong teacher in a difficult course. Learned alot. Worked hard, but teacher was fair and helpful.

11/30/2012
good
ENGL291 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Really good course. Challenging, but very rewarding. Prof is great. Very smart. Also funny and caring. Overall one of the best courses I've ever taken. I learned alot

11/14/2012
good
Eng104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I never understood essay writing before. I didn't know how to think through issues very well. Mr. Curran has helped me see things more clearly. His method for teaching essay writing is great. I finally understand. Great class. You'll never be the same and that's a very good thing.