in Citrus College that teach English Edit
at Citrus College, Glendora, CA
are you Mick Curran?

08/05/2014
good
Eng 104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I learned a lot. Professor Curran was very helpful.

06/11/2014
good
Eng 103 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

He is very fair., very smart, very kind, and very funny. I learned a lot of how to interpret stories and then how to write essays. When I applied his "tricks" to writing essays in my other classes, I stared getting A's on them. I got much more than I anticipated.

03/20/2014
good
Engl 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I have gotten straight A's since I took Mr. Curran's class. That includes taking tests and writing essays. He teaches so much. I have ben changed. So have my friends who took the course. He's nice, funny, caring and very, very smart. He finds ways to get you to understand concepts so you learn.

02/26/2014
good
Eng 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Once my parents paid for a math tutor for me. She taught me more in three months than I ever learned in 11 years in school. I feel the same way about Prof Curran. I learned more in one semester with him than in all the English classes i ever took. The big difference is that Prof. Curran did the same thing for almost forty students. We ALL learned.

12/14/2013
good
English 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A-

I had taken courses with two other outstaning English professors, but Mick showed me things and worked so hard to make him think more clearly and write more precisely. He may be the hardest working, most effective teacher at Citrus. His classes fill up early. And now I know why. He's very, very good.

12/13/2013
good
English 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Mic is a very good teacher. He's a lot like Mr. Myoi from "The Karate Kid". He shows you stuff and gets you to practice outlining and looking at stories "divergently" and then suddenly at the end of the semester, you can write essays, you can interpet stories, and you can think through any subject in a "critical" way. He makes you a better person.

12/06/2013
good
ENG 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Curran is both easy and hard. He is very approachable, very caring, and very smart. He gets you to learn in novel ways. However, do not be fooled, he is also hard for anyone is not serious or goofs off. He offers so much, but you have to be willing to do the reading and writing. Best class ever.

12/04/2013
Eng 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Curran is such an easy going guy. He often openly declares that he wants to help you succeed and he wants to give you an A. He is very understanding if you need to make something up. He has high expectations for what your essays need to look like, but as long as you follow his structure packet you are golden. I wish all professors were like him.

11/15/2013
good
Eng 291 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I am grateful for taking this course with Prof. Curran. I understand film and stories in ways I never did before. His lectures fascinate me -- the insights and details and information he provides exceeds any expectation. He also teaches you how to be a better student and a better essay writer. I now gets As on my essays in other courses.

11/12/2013
good
ENG 104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Thanks Mick. I got an A on my 1st CSULA paper using the tools Mick taught us about how to create a successful university essay-instead of a report. Mick is passionate about making a difference for students.He will work with you-stay in communication. He wants to pass you. Only had to do 3 papers,very thought provoking topics. He wants u to succeed.