Thomas Grogan at Cincinnati State Technical and Community College

Thomas Grogan

Number of ratings 31 / Average Grade:  B+ Submit a correction

10/23/13

AFM 095

Very mean professor. He makes you feel stupid and tells kids that they are going to fail and there is no point in continuing his class, a few weeks into it. After my first test he sent me an email saying i was going to fail. I wouldn't wish this professor on my worst enemy.

12/17/12

DE024

Started out the quarter telling me straight to my face I was going to fail his class because the COMPASS test had me jump a few math courses. So from that point I had no respect or interest from learning from him

12/12/12

AFM095

The first couple of classes I thought I was not going to like this guy. He was kind of rude, but after getting to know him, that is just his personality. I really enjoyed his class and as long as you do your homework and review your notes, you will do fine in his class. Ask questions and he will teach it until you understand it!

12/8/12

MATH102

OMG!! Worse teacher ever!! Runnnn!! I dropped his class he is very rude, inconsiderate, & doesn't explain work clearly. Test were awful! I think he likes failing students he's evil!

12/7/12

de24

Great teacher, i tool him for algebra 1 and 2 and got an A both times he was great for me and explained all the work in a way that i could understand it and have no problem using it in the future because i actually get how to do the work thanks to him. alot of home work but if you do it you are guarenteed an A. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

1/20/12

DE025

Despite a lot of complaining from my classmates, this guy is an AWESOME teacher. I highly recommend his class if you just need a refresher from high school. Do the homework and turn it in on time. He takes his tests exactly from homework. Answers any question from homework.

11/18/11

de0025

Cannot Teach at all. I sat in his class for two non informative lectures and switched because Im paying money to get taught and h e does not teach. Don't take this teacher at all

8/27/11

de0025

Mr Grogan is a super hard teacher and I do not like his teaching style. He treated me like I was stupid. I dont think he needs to be a teacher. DO NOT TAKE HIM!! When you have a question about an assignment, he goes over something else and gives nothing on the problem you have. Class is ridiculous.

6/1/11

DE0025

Mr. Grogan helped me to enjoy math for the first time. Easy to understand and when he called on me and I forgot how to speak, he would wait patiently. Lots of homework, but not terribly hard. Gives you a lot of options to get help.

2/1/11

DE0025

In order to succeed in his class you must be proactive! do every homework assignment and ask lots of questions and you'll do great. does a great job of explaining every detail needed to solve problems.

10/21/10

de0025

He is not my kind of teacher.. He doesn't really lecture.. AT ALL. if I didn't know this stuff prior to this class I would probably fail. So if you had a really hard time with math in high school I suggest do not take this teacher.

3/5/10

DE0024

Self teaching at its best! Grogan has you do homework on lessons you have not covered yet, and if you ask him to review a homework question, he puts up the answer and does not explain it. Avoid at all costs!

6/13/09

mth0025

At first i thought he was a bad teacher. But if you study hard it will become easy. I thought I would have a F on his exam, But i got a A. He puts stuff on the test that he knows you will need in real life.

5/10/09

de03

i don't like how he goes over homework and then starts the lesson in usually the last ten minutes of class. we should learn then go over homework

4/13/08

alge0024

He was a great teacher! He was very helpful. He really cares if you do well!I will definately take him again! One of the best teachers I have had!

1/19/08

10/30/07

DEAlg0024

You have to have initiative and time to succeed in this class, but this is a teacher that cares. He is not easy, but neither is having to squeeze as much algebra as he has to into a 2 month term. You have to be proactive, and ask for help. He is more than willing to meet students after classes.

3/14/07

DE0024

He's a good teacher. I did bad in HS algebra, but he made it clearer for me this time around. You have to try and learn it or you will fail..that's just math! U have to do homework but it only helps you in the end...you get credit for homework completed. I would highly recommend, don't take the easy way out, you are the one who loses if you do!!

12/11/06

de0024

he is not a good teacher, if you want to pass this class you will need to teach yourself. he gives homework every night and doesn't help with it just gives you credit if you turn it in.. he will drop you like a bad habit if you miss 5 days. he doesn't really like anybody so beware.

2/2/06

Algebra

Mr.Grogin did not teach, just dictate and scold. He is horrible as a teacher. Students in my group were the biggest help, He would not give a straight answer and did not try to teach. If you couldn't get the answer his way, forget it!

More Mathematics professors at Cincinnati State Technical and Community College