in College of Charleston that teach Biology Edit
Professor in the Biology department
at College of Charleston, Charleston, SC
are you Erik Sotka?

09/06/2012
BIO122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

He is super smart and funny. However, he grades HARSHLY. Powerpoints are informative, but you HAVE to read the textbook if you want to get a good grade. I got an A in the class, but I read every single chapter. When I got my first test back, I didn't even pass. So if you want an easy class don't take him.

05/19/2012
BIO112 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This is a difficult class, a handful dropped out and a lot of people did very poorly, I barely scraped a B- from it. You can tell because it is his only 112 class he doesn't really care about it in comparison to the upper levels. He is very enthusiastic about the subject though and organizes material in logical ways. This is a weed out class.

01/28/2010
good
Biol211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

So cute. So smart. So funny. Best teacher I've ever had, just do the work and study for the tests, you'll be fine. Please take him, I miss seeing him 4 times a week :(

12/18/2009
BIO211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Very hard! Powerpoints are not helpful. His classes are very boring and hard to follow. Tests are lengthy and cover too much material for the depth of questions asked. Would not take!!

12/10/2009
good
Bio211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

By far my favorite teacher I've ever had in my life. His passion for biology makes the class so enjoyable. He has a nerdy sense of humor but it's adorable. He's always willing to help if you ask him to, and he's just an amazing teacher!! TAKE HIM.

12/09/2009
BIO211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He may be nice to look at, but his tests, especially the final, are absolutely ridiculous!!! Don't waste your time.

12/09/2009
good
Bio211 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Sotka does a good job of not only presenting theory but also backing up it up. i have never had any trouble understanding the material he presents by simply looking at the powerpoint slides he uses to teach. there is a lot of material that he presents throughout this course, but recitation helps, and this is a good foundation course to take with hi

04/28/2009
BIOL152 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I am both an honors student and a SNAP student and i found this class EXTREMELY difficult and when I asked for help I got almost no feedback. One time he forgot to bring my exam to SNAP. His power points are pictures from the book and his teaching strategy is more talking at you than lecturing. Tests are impossible. I would not recommend him.

04/24/2009
good
HONS152 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Even though attendance is not required, go to class!! Tests come directly from class lecture/power points and tests are HARD! Reading the textbook isn't required, but I recommend reading what you might not understand just to grasp the info a little more. He's very cute and funny and I you go to most classes, read a little and study you'll do fine

11/23/2008
bio630 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

He's horrible! His tests are ridiculous. He acts like he wants his students to fail. He just wants to be "cool" and doesn't care about how he teaches.