in The Ohio State University that teach Humanities Edit
are you Jay Kandampully?
A+

12/13/2013
good
CONSCI 3910 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Awesome guy. Very easy class. 3 quizzes, 1 paper, 1 research project. Quizzes and paper are common sense, easy A's. Research paper takes time, but you have a partner and it goes by quick. I spent 3 days before it was due working on it, got 100. I'm a lazy student and this class was a breeze. I would absolutely recommend it. Jay is really cool, too.

04/01/2013
CONSCI 3910 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Dreadfully boring and everything is pretty unclear. My partner on my paper decided to not help and he made me finish it on my own with no extension, despite telling me to wait for her. The class is pretty much common sense, but he creates graphs that are impossible to understand without going to class.

12/11/2011
good
CONSC310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Easy class, nice guy. People need to quit complaining about this class being hard. Go to class occasionally, especially the one before the quiz, he will tell you EXACTLY what's on it. Start the term paper a few weeks before, that's it. I consider myself a lazy student, aced his class. Dunzo.

05/11/2011
ConSc310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

DONT BUY THE BOOK.Extremely easy.3 quizzes 25 questions only worth 20 pts so you can miss 5 and still get a 20/20.project is 40% of grade.never used the book.Work on the project throughout the quarter not all at the end.Go to the class before the quizzes, he literally tells you everything that will be on them.

03/25/2011
cs310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I would take CS 310 winter quarter b/c he doesn't teach it during this time. Janielle Guerin teaches it and you have 4 quizzes and one 3page paper that you get full credit if you meet 3 pages. In this class you have to write a 15page paper and actually read the book. Winter quarter you dont have to read his book. Just go to class.

06/06/2010
good
Hospitali Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Jays (guest prof. at our UAS)insights and comments on hospitaliy management were extremely helpful adding a broad int. approach to our tyrolian narrowness on the issue. Paper was a lot of work and not really fun to do. Hello from MCI/ Austria

04/08/2010
good
consc230 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

he must of changed his style from the ones below i never went to calss and just showed up on quiz days, which were same as the book, and i did they 12 page research project and he checked it 5 times before we (group of 2) turned it in so we got 100 and there are 3 quizzes that are 40% of your grade and the 60% is that project easy A

12/19/2009
CONSC310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Extremely easy. I got a 100% in the class. The class is a joke. Just make sure you at least read over the material before his "quiztests" and do really well on the paper....write at least 15 pages!

04/07/2009
HSPMG680 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Worst professor I've had in 5 years at OSU.He basically takes it personally if you don't make it to every class and treats you as if you had stabbed him because you were gone one day. The whole point of his lectures seems to be to stroke his giant ego. Good for him that he made it from nothing into a cushy teaching position, but nobody else cares..

01/22/2009
Con310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Kandampully was a HORRIBLE prof! he is useless, and if you miss just one class he condemns you to not get any help in his class. It was like the Kandampully parade with his stupid stories, and the "textbook" that he wrote! I don't care that he had to steal copper wire to feed his family when he was little and look at him now!

12/05/2008
good
CONSC310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

He changed his style from huge papers to multiple choice tests this quarter and they are HARD! He offered extra credit because the averages were low 60s but probably won't be as nice from now on. You MUST go to class and take notes if you want to pass. Class is boring, but he isn't as bad as some people say. Con sci Majors Just grin and bear it

11/04/2008
CS310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

TERRIBLE, he is the worst professor of my college career. Tells his class that his class is "as easy as kindergarten," then 1/2 is failing after 2 midterms... he offers extra credit one day, unannounced, and then does not allow me (despite having documentation of a funeral i was at that day) earn these extra points... AVOID my buddy Jay at all cost

11/04/2008
consc310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

useless. he's the author of the book so i'd suggest buying it bc if not you'll have no idea what chart goes with what... he published them all and they're horrible. wastes loads of class time talking about himself. o! and he "100% guarentees" everything. exagerates statistics and makes stuff up on the fly. nice but opinionated. i feel bad...

10/26/2008
CS310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

One of the worst professors I have ever had in college. Tells dumb stories that waste my time in class that have nothing to do with exams. Avoid Jay if at all possible. I dropped this class because his exams are so hard even though I went to every class AND read the awful book he wrote. UGH!

08/28/2008
good
CS310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Go to class (not mandatory, but extremely useful). Do not need the book. If you listen to him and study your notes from class, you will be fine.

06/12/2008
ConSc310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Where do I start? I gladly ended up with a C+. For the paper he said my half was worth an A and my partners half was worth a C so we got a B. I thought that was toal BS. I got a 60 on the first midterm after he said it would be sooo easy. Then managed to get a B+ on the final. I went to 2 classes because everything is in the book (that he wrote).

06/11/2008

This class was my lowest grade of the quarter with a C+. He started the quarter saying the class was very easy. If it was so easy why did half the class get below a 70% on the midterms?

06/03/2008
CS310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This professor is worth avioding if possible. He loves to make up stories and lie quite a bit to the class. I was releaved to pass this course, since i went every time and barely passed his exams. Which are a joke and hard to do.

04/03/2008
ConS310 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

So mean to students. Just an awful teacher.

11/04/2007
HM680 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I can't even believe a university like OSU would let this guy teach! VERY disappointed w/ his class, he is NOT helpful, and very stuck on how "wonderful" of a person 'he thinks' he is... I am an A student and I got a decent grade in his class but this is by far the WORST prof I have ever had. It's sad that he has a job...