in University of Oregon that teach Journalism Edit
Professor in the Journalism department
at University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
are you Julianne Newton?

12/16/2008
J204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The most useless class I have ever taken. Terrible teacher, taught entirely out of the textbook (that she wrote and made us spend $70 on) and babbled on in class about the music she had playing in the background as we sketched our feet. Obviously very helpful for people pursuing careers in journalism. STAY AWAY--take this class from Bill Ryan.

03/27/2008
J204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Such a pointless class as everyone else said.Do the creatives and you will pass. The tests take some studying but not much.It is a lot of busy work. Do not wait until the last minute to do the final creative though it is not something you can do in one sitting.

01/03/2008
good
EthngJ660 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This is not a class for slackers. Newton expects you to do your best work and encourages her students to think deeply, creatively and ethically about the ideas presented. But she won't police you if you decide to waste your own time. Several students developed masters or PhD projects through the work we did in this class.

02/21/2007
j204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I have never been this dissappointed in a class before. I learned how to draw my hand in kindergarten and am not sure how analyzing your dreams educates us on media. Not only that, she manipulates her students into following her political views which she states as fact in class. WORST PROFFESSOR EVER!!!! Waste of time.

12/07/2006
J204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This is the single worst class that I have taken at this school. Totally worthless. I think that the entire course needs to be reworked. It has no REAL applications for the study of journalism. Total waste of time and money.