in University of Oregon that teach Journalism Edit
Professor in the Journalism department
at University of Oregon, Eugene, OR
are you Julianne Newton?

12/16/2008
J204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

The most useless class I have ever taken. Terrible teacher, taught entirely out of the textbook (that she wrote and made us spend $70 on) and babbled on in class about the music she had playing in the background as we sketched our feet. Obviously very helpful for people pursuing careers in journalism. STAY AWAY--take this class from Bill Ryan.

03/27/2008
J204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Such a pointless class as everyone else said.Do the creatives and you will pass. The tests take some studying but not much.It is a lot of busy work. Do not wait until the last minute to do the final creative though it is not something you can do in one sitting.

01/03/2008
good
EthngJ660 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This is not a class for slackers. Newton expects you to do your best work and encourages her students to think deeply, creatively and ethically about the ideas presented. But she won't police you if you decide to waste your own time. Several students developed masters or PhD projects through the work we did in this class.

02/21/2007
j204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I have never been this dissappointed in a class before. I learned how to draw my hand in kindergarten and am not sure how analyzing your dreams educates us on media. Not only that, she manipulates her students into following her political views which she states as fact in class. WORST PROFFESSOR EVER!!!! Waste of time.

12/07/2006
J204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

This is the single worst class that I have taken at this school. Totally worthless. I think that the entire course needs to be reworked. It has no REAL applications for the study of journalism. Total waste of time and money.

08/25/2006
good
journ400 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

good teacher

03/21/2006
J204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She made us meditate. She made us draw our hands. She made us draw our hands w/out looking at them. She made us draw our hands again. I hope you get the point: her class is pointless. The assignments are a joke, they're just busy work. She's very nice but we don't pay tuition to have our professors not teach. Don't waste your time and money!

02/04/2006
J 660 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

The course title should be changed from "Ethnography" to "Waste of time/tuition". If you are an academic conservative, stay far, far away; the deck is stacked against you from the moment you cross the threshold of the door. In fact, stay away from the entire School of JCOMM unless you have an agenda and are proud to abuse it.

11/07/2005
J 204 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I feel dumber for having taken this class. I didn't learn a thing and eventually stopped showing up because it is so pointless. The material has the potential to be interesting but the way she presents it makes me want to slam my head into a wall. Too bad it's required for the J school...

10/13/2005
Vis Comm Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: A