in College of Charleston that teach Communication Edit
at College of Charleston, Charleston, SC
are you Latoya Vickers?
1.7

10/09/2006
PUBL101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I am ashamed that The College has not fired this teacher. What a waste of our tuition money...Sad to say that she's so "anti-****" she's ****.

04/14/2006
Comm 104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Is she really still teaching here? It's been pretty much unanymous in her students' feedback, both here and on her formal evaluations, that she's lazy, unprofessional, and - well - pretty much worthless. One has to question the wisdom of the Comm department for keeping her on as a part-time instructor for this long.

04/04/2006
COMM 104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This woman cannot be taken seriously. She is the most unprofessional teacher I have ever had and only likes you if you bring her food. Don't waste your time.

04/02/2006
Comm 104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

EVIL. She makes you dress up for speeches, which isn't bad, but I wore my nicest shirt, tie, jacket and pants and my nicest shoes, and still lost 20 points on my speech. They were $90 dress shoes but they weren't nice enough because the bottoms weren't leather. She expected me to go out and buy a new pair of hundred dollar shoes for her class.:(

12/09/2005
COMM-104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Terrible just terrible. Un-professional dress, made us do journals (are we in elementary school??), un-clear instructions, no real learning, assigned new homework AFTER the last day of class, held class on our "reading day". I did want to study during the exam period, but I guess I should do this homework...GEEZ

12/07/2005

Worst professor or teacher I've ever had in my life. Impossible to get an A, no matter what you do. Lazy, biased, unfair, strict grader, etc. Sure, you don't have class often, but your grade will pay the price. As the expression goes- she gives an inch, you give a mile. And you STILL fail the class. I could go on for hours about how terrible she is

05/13/2005
good
Com 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Vickers is just fine as a professor. You only make 4-5 speeches and have one midterm. She's upfront with what she wants. She does pick favorites a little bit, but she's really laid back. If you have a sense of humor, you'll be fine.

05/09/2005

Horrible, horrible, horrible. She puts less effort into the class than even the laziest of her students. She makes up your grades based on how much she likes you. If you contradict her, you're screwed (trust me). Never try asking her a question - she takes up to a week just to check her email.

05/03/2005
Public Speaking Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She almost never held class. When she did, she used it to teach us how great Malcolm X was, and implying how **** all the white people in the class were (which is all but one person). Her grading is ENTIRELY subjective and based on her personal opinion of you. Takes days to respond to emails.BAD

04/27/2005
Public Speaking Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Even though she gives a detailed grading sheet, what she marks still makes NO SENSE. Counts you down for having extra sources. Uses APA format. Expects you to go buy a nice suit if you don't own one. I'm in college, I can't blow $200 on your class. Makes you do journals (what, am I in 6th grade?!)

04/25/2005
public speaking Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

She is unprofessional, unknowledgeable (thinks she knows everything), and she has her own agenda (it's not teaching you how to speak publicly). I cannot express my dissatisfaction in only 300 characters. She should NOT be a college professor ANYWHERE. Not horribly hard, she just PISSED me off.

04/20/2005
Public Speaking Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Horrible, Horrible teacher. I came out of this hoping this woman never teaches again. Very unprofessional, very unreliable, and the epitome of a *****. If you take her - best of luck

04/18/2005
public speaking Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Thought she was going to be pretty laid back, and she presents herself as such, but is actually a really strict grader. Read her assignment sheets CAREFULLY.Be sure to be careful with internet sources - you're only allowed 1, EVER. We hardly ever had class, but then the exam was pretty harsh.

04/15/2005
Com104 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Whoever wrote that first rating is a f'ing tool. This lady is a waste of space as a professor. I wanted to learn how to effectively speak in public arenas, and this class has not helped at all and i have put out a consistent effort. This lady sucks, never take her ever.

04/14/2005

Biggest **** ever. If she doesn't like your behavior, she makes you recite childish poems. Very demeaning, WAY TOO demanding. Gives no one As because she hates everyone. Don't take her unless you absolutely must. She is absolutely HORRIBLE. I hate this class and her teaching!

04/14/2005
public speaking Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

SHE IS A ****! She taught me nothing at all; I get dumber each class I go to. At first she seems like she will wook with you and be really cool but then after a week or two she is so bad. The class isn't that hard, but she grades on how well she likes you (she likes NO one!) Don't take the class.

03/03/2005
good
public speaking Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

young, knows you are a student & can't do everything, don't wine & make excuses she hates them, shows up late to class, cancels almost 1 class/week, don't get on her bad side, easy enough, be confident & take a class with small amnts of people, it will be comfortable & laid back

02/28/2005
good
COM 101 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: N/A Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Prof. Vickers is great. She's really young and laid back. Class is really fun. 5 speeches, no attendance policy, and very straight forward with what she wants on the assignments. Extremely helpful if you need it. Rarely keeps us the whole time, and she cancels class on occassion. Easy A! Take her!