Sharon Barrs at Georgia Southern University

Sharon Barrs

Number of ratings 39 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

4/3/14

MATH 1111

Extremely helpful professor. Goes over all material and very willing to answer questions. Most work is done online through My Math Lab, and homework and quizzes can be tried an unlimited amount of times. She drops the 4 lowest quiz and homework scores at the end of the semester. If you're willing to do the work, this class is an easy A.

1/23/14

Math 1111

Wonderful teacher ! Your in charge of your own grade.. do your homework and quizzes you can redo them as many times as you want .. Easy a

1/21/14

Grade ReceivedWD

Mrs. Barrs is FANTASTIC. I took her hybrid class which only met once a week, but she was so extremely helpful every time we had class. Easy A if you do your math lab.

1/12/14

MATH1111

Best teacher ever. I LOVE HER SO MUCH. I emailed her a lot asking questions and she replied every single time. got a 98 on the final exam if you do all the hw and quizzes you will get an A for sure ;) nicest teacher ever.

1/7/14

MATH 1111

Mrs. Barrs is an amazing teacher. She is super helpful and teaches well. Her hybrid class is only once a week and class is not held on exam weeks. Make sure you take the time to get 100's on all homework's and quizzes because they will be worth the time in the end.

11/8/13

Math 1113

This is the best math teacher I have ever had.

7/25/13

MATH 1111

I took the hybrid class where we only met once a week. But since I was doing so well, she let me just take the tests online so I did not have to attend class. She is very helpful, and a very nice lady. Really recommend taking it.

7/19/13

MATH 1111

AMAZING, UNDERSTANDING, CARING, AWESOME! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS PROFESSOR. MY GRADE WOULD HAVE BEEN HIGHER HAD I FOCUSED MORE ON THE CLASS. I TOOK THIS CLASS FULLY ONLINE. MRS. BARRS GIVES YOU EVERY OPPROTUNITY TO SUCCEED.

12/20/12

Math1111

Great teacher! I took hybrid so we met once a week & that's pretty much all I needed. She's a very nice professor & she loves to joke around, very relatable. She's very educated & helpful. I would def. recommend her, especially if you're not taking hybrid b/c you'll get the most time with her so it will really matter.

12/20/12

math1111

great teacher

12/18/12

MATH1111

Great Teacher . I took this class hybrid so we only met once a week . Attendance is mandatory . Shes goes through problems step by step , posts her notes online , and is usually available for extra help . Easy A if you do the homework and quizzes . Book isnt needed but get the access code .

12/7/12

MATH1111

Took the hybrid version, so only had to attend class once a week. Attendance is mandatory. She is always available, and emails your back pretty fast if you need her. Do the homework and the quizzes and youll more than likely get an A.

4/24/12

MATH1111

Easy class. I took the hybrid version and did fine. Could have made an A if I had tried harder. Good teacher!

4/9/12

MATH1111

She is very nice! I am not good at math but she is very helpful and goes through problems step by step. Since our grades are precisely recorded in my math lab, I knew I was supposed to get a 78 in the course but she bumped me to an 80. I would recommend her.

3/25/12

MATH1111

Take her! She is very helpful and although class is mandatory she lets class out early. I took the hybrid class and if you missed a homework assignment or quiz she would open it back up for you. She tells you exactly what is on tests and quizzes.

3/8/12

MATH1111

Very easy, Very nice! Take her! I took the Hybrid College Alg class and it was so easy! Everything is done online, 1 class meeting a week to learn new material. The hw site allows you to do hw and quizzes until you get the grade you want. Easy A

1/11/12

MATH2008

I took her for the summer and I was very pleased with her interest of helping out her students. She helped me out alot and I definitely would take her again.

1/9/12

MATH1111

Great teacher. I had her for my hybrid class and she really explained the material well. She is always available at the math lab to help and she even curved my grade so I couldn't be more happier with her.

12/12/11

MATH2011

I took the Hybrid College Algebra course and I loved having her as a teacher. I've never been good at math and she does an amazing job explaining things. Very easy to learn from. Always available through email and is a very easy going teacher. Best class I've taken at GSU. If you need to take this class take her as a professor!

4/22/11

MATH1111

Professor Barrs is a great teacher. Her pace is reasonable, not too fast, not too slow, & her lectures are easy to follow. There are always opportunities to ask questions. She dumbs everything down & doesn't assume or act as though students already know how to do things, working out each problem step by step. Stay on top of the hw & you'll do fine.

More Mathematics professors at Georgia Southern University