in Lorain County Community College that teach Biology Edit
are you Elin Le Claire?
B+

09/10/2014
good
Biol 122 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: Mandatory Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: B+

LOVED this teacher! The class it's self is challenging. Most concepts are easy, but there is just so much to learn. Her tests are hard, but all from notes. She is willing to help you if needed after class. She really goes above and beyond for her students!

03/27/2014
good
BIOG159 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I loved Elin! I took Aquatic Life with her. I thought it was pretty easy and got interesting later in the semester. There are lab reports, lab quizzes, a few tests, discussion posts, article reviews and one big paper. Definitely take this if you need a science credit with a lab! You do NOT need the book, either! Don't bother.

03/15/2014
good
BIOL 162 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Noticed all the poor ratings were from Microbiology, but the majority of the high ratings were from the Bio 162 Lab. I personally had her for the 162 Lab, and she's awesome in it. It's a fast paced lab where a lot needs to be accomplished in the short time, and at the end there is an ID quiz for the day's material. She's awesome for that set up.

02/25/2014
good
BIOG 162 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Elin is a great teacher! I had her for Bio 162 Lab and I really enjoyed it. She explains things well and is always willing to help. Highly recommend!

08/01/2013
bio251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Talks way too much....and fast. She is very nice and willing to help you if you take the extra steps to meet her early or after class. Tests were pretty impossible though, no matter how much you studied.

04/07/2013
Microbiolgy 251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Smart but cannot teach! Rambles a lot and gets distracted when someone asks a question...then complains that we are behind and races to make up for lost time. She makes it harder than it is...I understand the material until I listen to her lecture! Awful!

03/06/2013
microbiolog 251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Take another teacher if you can! Over explains everything and by that point everyone is lost! Tries to make everything more confusing than it needs to be. Very difficult to listen to...she says mkay after EVERY sentence. HELP!

05/04/2012
good
BIOG162 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is one of the BEST and nicest professors at LCCC! Definitely take her! Don't let anyone scare you off. All the bad reviews are probably from people who don't try. She is helpful and very kind! There is a quiz every day but they are sooo easy! Elin is AMAZING!

04/25/2012
good
BIOGP612 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

Elin is really cool. very entertaining, shows expertise in what she teaches. very willing to help any one that needs it, and i very much enjoyed this class. If you have to take her class, don't let anyone get you scared, she's very nice and helps as much as she can. my suggestion: read the lab manual and you do fine.

04/23/2012
good
BIOG162 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I have Elin for BIOG 162 lab and honestly, I enjoy it so much. She covers things quickly in the first 30 to 45 minutes max, but as long as you print out the lab and read it over it answer most questions you have. She was very helpful especially with dissections. She made you work for your grade, but it was enjoyable to work for it.

11/29/2011
good
aquatLife Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I had her online it was an awesome class she answered questions helpfully and such. she was a great teacher I would love to take her for another class.

10/21/2011
BIO121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Talks too fast about material often exceeding the level of knowledge needed for a A&P I class-all of it testable; no reviews; oversaturation; tests are unpredictable and difficult; cumulative mid-term and final exams.

09/24/2011
BIOG121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

By far the worst professor I've had. Her power points are useless. She speaks way too fast and confuses the heck out of you. No exam reviews. You need to do well on her essay exam questions in order to get an A on this class. No extra credit. The list goes on. Don't waste your time or money on this class. Trust me.

08/01/2011
good
biog251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

If you are lazy, find another class. If you blame your prof for your lack of studying, take another class. If you are diligent in your studies and want to learn, Elin is excellent. I took this class in the summer and received an A. She is extremely demanding. Lazy students need not apply.

05/12/2011
biog121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had Elin for A&P I. She is very hard to understand, does not fully answer questions, and her powerpoints were confusing and offered minimal information.

05/09/2011
good

Elin is great. It is a class with a lot of materials but if you record the lectures and take notes you will do fine. She goes over everything she wants you to you, you just have to remember all of it lol.

05/04/2011
good
BIOGBIOG Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This class is tough by nature!Le Claire is helpful esp if she knows you're putting forth the effort.Don't expect to breeze thru this class, she will make you work your behind off but a great instructor!I would take her again for any Biog classes, no doubt.If you're a lazy student, don't bother wasting your time or hers by signing up for her class.

04/11/2011
good
BIO251 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

I had her for Micro lab in the summer. She is tough, but if you want to succeed she will work with you and help you. Attend all labs and if you can't, get in contact with her. I missed one lab due to extreme illness and contacted her the same day and she was really good about letting me know what I needed to make up.

04/10/2011
good
BIOG121 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

She is a tough teacher, because there is a lot of material, but she is good. She expects a lot out of you, but the class requires work so I found it fair. I studied hard and found sometimes it did not pay off, but in the long run it payed off. Only take her if you are serious about A&P

12/05/2010
BIOG159 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: You need it sometimes Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

I took a a aquatic life with Elin online and boy was her class a joke! She is rude when you ask her questions, she acts snotty (for ex. "i personally thought it was clear in the syllabus but if you need a refresher...") and to top it all off she doesn't teach anything! I absolutely hated this class & I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! STAY AWAY