in Columbus State Community College that teach English Edit
Robyn Lyons-Robinson
at Columbus State Community College, Columbus, OH
are you Robyn Lyons-Robinson?
1.9
1.5

05/07/2014
ENG1100 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Worst professor I've had so far. The due dates were unclear and set so that we were always a week behind. Does not respond to e-mails. Set out a notice for a mandatory phone review yet never called at the time she gave me then docked points because of it?! The assignments are unclear and extremely hard to get a decent grade.

11/07/2013
Eng 1100 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Worst professor I have ever had. She does not reply to emails, nor does she grade work in a timely fashion. Instructions are hard to follow. Her due dates were ridiculous and she put the entire course behind a week. She messed up my grades multiple times and would not let me resubmit assignments when the error was on her account and not mine.

10/17/2013
ENG 1100 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I would never suggest anyone take her online course. She never answered my emails except twice (of the six I sent) and she didn't return my call until I went personally to speak with her. She would not let me resubmit an assignment when the error was on her part, meaning I have to fail the course or withdraw. Terribly disorganized and lazy prof

06/17/2012
Eng252 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had many issues with Lyons-Robinson. My assignments were graded late, and grades entered incorrectly. She reviewed a paper and told me I did great, but gave me a D. She seemed so unorganized.

06/08/2012
good
ENG270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Definitely take the in-class version and not the online version. She leads one of the best discussion based lectures I've ever been a part of. There is a lot of work involved in her class but it's not like, super hard. Her assignments are open-ended which may come across as unclear. All in all, I'm happy I took the class.

06/05/2012
ENGL252 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I've never taken the time to fill out one of these, but she is by far the worst teacher I've ever had. Do NOT take the class online. She's not helpful and grade's ridiculously hard (I even consider myself to be fairly good in English, and I'm barely passing) If you can, SWITCH TEACHERS!

05/20/2012
ENGL252 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The blackboard site is impossible to navigate. There is misinformation given for every assignment. Robyn never responds to email. She says to contact her to set up face to face meetings and then never meets with you. She is the worst instructor I have ever had at Columbus State.

10/02/2011
ENG252 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is slow to respond to emails, if she even does respond. Her blackboard set up is very difficult to follow. A ton of work! The description of the class says that it is exploring the 'images of men and women'. It is merely an African American literature course. Get ready to work on your own with no guidance.

06/26/2011
Engl270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This instructor really helped me understand how literature relates to our lives today. The assignments were challenging, made me think more than I'm used to doing, but I got a lot out of the experience. If you follow instructions, do the work, and communicate with her, you'll get the grade you deserve.

06/14/2011
good
ENGL270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher! she helped me with a my writing a ton. African American writing is very interesting. Most people that are lazy should not take her class. the class is hard and meant to challenge you as a writer. She is one of many teachers that won't just give you a passing grade. BEWARE if you are lazy do not take this class.