in Columbus State Community College that teach English Edit
Robyn Lyons-Robinson
at Columbus State Community College, Columbus, OH
are you Robyn Lyons-Robinson?
1.9
1.9
1.5

10/19/2014
1100 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: Not Mandatory Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: Not sure yet

Don't get feedback until assignment is turned in, which is no help at all. Currently have 12 assignments pending that she has not graded. Not helpful at all. Assignments are unclear. Not a very good writer need a professor that will help. She has suggested is the writing center. I feel like it is her way of getting out of things and not helping me

05/07/2014
ENG1100 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

Worst professor I've had so far. The due dates were unclear and set so that we were always a week behind. Does not respond to e-mails. Set out a notice for a mandatory phone review yet never called at the time she gave me then docked points because of it?! The assignments are unclear and extremely hard to get a decent grade.

11/07/2013
Eng 1100 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Worst professor I have ever had. She does not reply to emails, nor does she grade work in a timely fashion. Instructions are hard to follow. Her due dates were ridiculous and she put the entire course behind a week. She messed up my grades multiple times and would not let me resubmit assignments when the error was on her account and not mine.

10/17/2013
ENG 1100 Taken for Credit:Yes Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I would never suggest anyone take her online course. She never answered my emails except twice (of the six I sent) and she didn't return my call until I went personally to speak with her. She would not let me resubmit an assignment when the error was on her part, meaning I have to fail the course or withdraw. Terribly disorganized and lazy prof

06/17/2012
Eng252 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

I had many issues with Lyons-Robinson. My assignments were graded late, and grades entered incorrectly. She reviewed a paper and told me I did great, but gave me a D. She seemed so unorganized.

06/08/2012
good
ENG270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Definitely take the in-class version and not the online version. She leads one of the best discussion based lectures I've ever been a part of. There is a lot of work involved in her class but it's not like, super hard. Her assignments are open-ended which may come across as unclear. All in all, I'm happy I took the class.

06/05/2012
ENGL252 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I've never taken the time to fill out one of these, but she is by far the worst teacher I've ever had. Do NOT take the class online. She's not helpful and grade's ridiculously hard (I even consider myself to be fairly good in English, and I'm barely passing) If you can, SWITCH TEACHERS!

05/20/2012
ENGL252 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

The blackboard site is impossible to navigate. There is misinformation given for every assignment. Robyn never responds to email. She says to contact her to set up face to face meetings and then never meets with you. She is the worst instructor I have ever had at Columbus State.

10/02/2011
ENG252 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Sorta interested Grade Received: N/A

She is slow to respond to emails, if she even does respond. Her blackboard set up is very difficult to follow. A ton of work! The description of the class says that it is exploring the 'images of men and women'. It is merely an African American literature course. Get ready to work on your own with no guidance.

06/26/2011
Engl270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

This instructor really helped me understand how literature relates to our lives today. The assignments were challenging, made me think more than I'm used to doing, but I got a lot out of the experience. If you follow instructions, do the work, and communicate with her, you'll get the grade you deserve.

06/14/2011
good
ENGL270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

Great teacher! she helped me with a my writing a ton. African American writing is very interesting. Most people that are lazy should not take her class. the class is hard and meant to challenge you as a writer. She is one of many teachers that won't just give you a passing grade. BEWARE if you are lazy do not take this class.

02/02/2011
eng102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

Horrible teacher wish I knew about this site. Never again will I take a class with her. Blackboard with her is completely messed up and you have to go all over it to find out what assignments are due. She grades really tough and is not out to help the student she is out to get a paycheck and thats about it.

11/28/2010
ENGL102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Barely cracked it open Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Took this class online along with 10 other credit hours. Have more "crap" work with this class then the other 10 credit hours combined. Have to take final drafts to campus in person or mail them to campus and have to complete a speech in person to her and the class for an ONLINE course. If you have the chance to change instructors - DO!

05/24/2010
ENGL270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: What textbook? Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

I agree with all the other comments. I wish I would have known about this site prior to taking the course. It is an online course. I often email her with questions and get no response. Recently had a Rough Draft due, it's still not graded and no feedback and the final was due 3 days ago! Also, as someone else has already mentioned she wants the fin

05/03/2010
eng252 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

I am currently in her class and doing well, but I am experiencing the same problems as far as her lazy attitude towards grading work and answering questions. If you take her class get to know your text book as she will direct you there if you have any questions what so ever!

12/21/2009
ENG270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: Essential to passing Rater Interest: Really into it Grade Received: N/A

This class was one of the worst I've taken. The instructions and questions for several of the assignments were "clear as mud". The professor often presented very vague topics for discussion. I took the class online for convenience and it was made inconvenient. She required final papers to be hand delivered an required online chats weekly.

12/10/2009
Engl270 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Meh Grade Received: N/A

This teacher - by far the worst teacher I have ever had. Takes no interest in her students well being. After all the hard work that's required in her class, one would think that they reap what they so. But that's not the case with her. She's completely unengaged and does not seem to care whether or not her students learn anything or pass or fail

10/30/2009
eng102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: Low Grade Received: N/A

Im in an online class of hers, and i have had questions about grades and other things that she wasnt clear on....and she still has yet to respond. If you're thinking about taking an online class, do not take her!

02/24/2009
engl102 Taken for Credit:N/A Attendance: N/A Textbook Use: It's a must have Rater Interest: It's my life Grade Received: N/A

im in one of her online classes and i have had to email her several times to clarify directions. i have never gotten a bad grade on a paper until this class and she took off points for stupid things that i have never been informed about in any other english class. she is also VERY SLOW at grading we are in week 7 and she hasnt graded week 3 assgnmt

01/10/2008
good

She made me work hard in this class. It was good to refresh my writing skills. Her tests were a little hard.