Robyn Lyons-Robinson at Columbus State Community College

Robyn Lyons-Robinson

Number of ratings 26 / Average Grade:  N/A Submit a correction

11/7/13

Eng 1100

Worst professor I have ever had. She does not reply to emails, nor does she grade work in a timely fashion. Instructions are hard to follow. Her due dates were ridiculous and she put the entire course behind a week. She messed up my grades multiple times and would not let me resubmit assignments when the error was on her account and not mine.

10/17/13

ENG 1100

I would never suggest anyone take her online course. She never answered my emails except twice (of the six I sent) and she didn't return my call until I went personally to speak with her. She would not let me resubmit an assignment when the error was on her part, meaning I have to fail the course or withdraw. Terribly disorganized and lazy prof

6/17/12

Eng252

I had many issues with Lyons-Robinson. My assignments were graded late, and grades entered incorrectly. She reviewed a paper and told me I did great, but gave me a D. She seemed so unorganized.

6/8/12

ENG270

Definitely take the in-class version and not the online version. She leads one of the best discussion based lectures I've ever been a part of. There is a lot of work involved in her class but it's not like, super hard. Her assignments are open-ended which may come across as unclear. All in all, I'm happy I took the class.

6/5/12

ENGL252

I've never taken the time to fill out one of these, but she is by far the worst teacher I've ever had. Do NOT take the class online. She's not helpful and grade's ridiculously hard (I even consider myself to be fairly good in English, and I'm barely passing) If you can, SWITCH TEACHERS!

5/20/12

ENGL252

The blackboard site is impossible to navigate. There is misinformation given for every assignment. Robyn never responds to email. She says to contact her to set up face to face meetings and then never meets with you. She is the worst instructor I have ever had at Columbus State.

10/2/11

ENG252

She is slow to respond to emails, if she even does respond. Her blackboard set up is very difficult to follow. A ton of work! The description of the class says that it is exploring the 'images of men and women'. It is merely an African American literature course. Get ready to work on your own with no guidance.

6/26/11

Engl270

This instructor really helped me understand how literature relates to our lives today. The assignments were challenging, made me think more than I'm used to doing, but I got a lot out of the experience. If you follow instructions, do the work, and communicate with her, you'll get the grade you deserve.

6/14/11

ENGL270

Great teacher! she helped me with a my writing a ton. African American writing is very interesting. Most people that are lazy should not take her class. the class is hard and meant to challenge you as a writer. She is one of many teachers that won't just give you a passing grade. BEWARE if you are lazy do not take this class.

2/2/11

eng102

Horrible teacher wish I knew about this site. Never again will I take a class with her. Blackboard with her is completely messed up and you have to go all over it to find out what assignments are due. She grades really tough and is not out to help the student she is out to get a paycheck and thats about it.

11/28/10

ENGL102

Took this class online along with 10 other credit hours. Have more "crap" work with this class then the other 10 credit hours combined. Have to take final drafts to campus in person or mail them to campus and have to complete a speech in person to her and the class for an ONLINE course. If you have the chance to change instructors - DO!

5/24/10

ENGL270

I agree with all the other comments. I wish I would have known about this site prior to taking the course. It is an online course. I often email her with questions and get no response. Recently had a Rough Draft due, it's still not graded and no feedback and the final was due 3 days ago! Also, as someone else has already mentioned she wants the fin

5/3/10

eng252

I am currently in her class and doing well, but I am experiencing the same problems as far as her lazy attitude towards grading work and answering questions. If you take her class get to know your text book as she will direct you there if you have any questions what so ever!

12/21/09

ENG270

This class was one of the worst I've taken. The instructions and questions for several of the assignments were "clear as mud". The professor often presented very vague topics for discussion. I took the class online for convenience and it was made inconvenient. She required final papers to be hand delivered an required online chats weekly.

12/10/09

Engl270

This teacher - by far the worst teacher I have ever had. Takes no interest in her students well being. After all the hard work that's required in her class, one would think that they reap what they so. But that's not the case with her. She's completely unengaged and does not seem to care whether or not her students learn anything or pass or fail

10/30/09

eng102

Im in an online class of hers, and i have had questions about grades and other things that she wasnt clear on....and she still has yet to respond. If you're thinking about taking an online class, do not take her!

2/24/09

engl102

im in one of her online classes and i have had to email her several times to clarify directions. i have never gotten a bad grade on a paper until this class and she took off points for stupid things that i have never been informed about in any other english class. she is also VERY SLOW at grading we are in week 7 and she hasnt graded week 3 assgnmt

1/10/08

Eng252

She made me work hard in this class. It was good to refresh my writing skills. Her tests were a little hard.

6/10/07

Engl252

Very hard class, lots of work. But all in all she is a good teacher.

12/7/06

engl102

good teacher, firm yet fair, haters are probably just lazy

More English professors at Columbus State Community College